Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• Does ironrealm hire gods as employee's? it feels like yo do this for free. is @Ianir an employee?
  • While there are a couple of paid coders, the vast majority of us are volunteers.
  • Ianir said:
    Ordassa said:
    Does ironrealm hire gods as employee's? it feels like yo do this for free. is @Ianir an employee?
    Most of the Gods are volunteers, plain and simple. The only actual employees of IRE are all listed on: https://www.ironrealms.com/about-us/ (though the page hasn't been updated since Iosai stepped down)
    Thanks!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus said:
    @AllGods and @AllMortals: sum up your character's outlook on life or philosophy in one sentence.

Bumping both this question and the thread. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Shaddus said:
    @AllGods and @AllMortals: sum up your character's outlook on life or philosophy in one sentence.

IG ordassa's outlook on life was intended to be a studious mad scientist but that's been over ridden by my tendancy to avoid work in a game.

His outlook now? make money to make more money!
  • /askance @Ordassa

@shaddus

Change, in a natural sense, is the edifying constant in a world of abstracts, and all whom acknowledge this will know the wisdom of the pure world.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @allgods

What would be the first thing your character did if they turned over to the "other" side, while keeping all of their current abilities? (i.e. Viravain in Seren and Lisaera in Glom, or Drocilla in Seren and Lisaera in Mag)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Lisaera said:

When you strip away Viravain's insanity, for example, you're left with a worldview that is along the lines of "change and evolution are necessary when it comes to survival." 

Shots fired! Your response @Viravain?
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    @Allgods Most amusing guild request so far? Unless it's classified <.<

• @Tremula - Czixi's first priority on getting to Magnagora (because make no mistake, that's the dark side she would be going to) would be finding Fain and working out what's going on with Morgfyre.

@Shaddus - When faced with an impossible dream of perfection, the only response is to fight for it.
  • I should have asked this a long time ago!
    @Czixi Which of Hallifax's gemstone flowers would be yours? Like Isune's bird of paradise flower, Jadice's frost flower/fractal flower, Zvoltz's silver arch flower and Elostian's glass flower with the blue fire.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • @Xeii - there is not one at present. Whether there will be at any point, well - you will just have to keep checking back to see.
  • @Czixi Are you a Valkyria Chronicles fan by any chance? :P
  • @Iytha - I had not heard of it before you asked, so alas that is not the reason I chose Welkin as a title. I was seeking a word that articulated both the symbology and theme of Czixi. Welkin does this very well - the archaism suits her, as well as the fact that it refers not only to the boundless sky but specifically to the highest reaches of the world.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I knew you'd be a Hallifaxian when you called yourself Welkin, because welkin lace plants in Clarramore. =x

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I knew you'd be a Hallifaxian because welkin doilies. How weird is that :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • When you flick someone to Astral, is the sphere determined randomly or do you choose?
  • Arix said:
    When you flick someone to Astral, is the sphere determined randomly or do you choose?
    Entirely random.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • @Isune I know it was a different player behind the role back then, but was it always planned that should Hallifax return, you would move there?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @allgods

The Soulless. Least to most dateable. Same thing for the other (active) Elders, if you want to have a laugh.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Tremula I'm afraid most of the divine can't access the forums right now due to issues. However, I will just say Kethuru tops my list. Those tentacles, man.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited August 2017
    I reversed the orders - cough (it is from most to least). Apparently I can log in because I am the best. 

Soulless: Momma Illith, Crazen, Kethuru, Muud, Zenos.

(Top Five-ish) Elders: Czixi/Drocilla, Lisaera, Yomoigu, Mysrai, Nocht
  • Oh, @Hoaracle. It's because you hate me so much, isn't it. This is also most to least:

Soulless: Crazen, Illith, Zenos, Kethuru, Muud.

Elders: Drocilla, Kalikai, Yomoigu, Viravain, Mysrai
  • I exist now! Woo! Though some of our divine still languish. :(

Soulless (most to least): Illith, for sure; Draxbaylock if she still existed; Zenos; Muud; Kethuru; Crazen.

As for Elders, wouldn't you like to know?  ;)
  • @Maylea Welcome back to the forums!

Question for all divine (who can access the forums, anyway)... What do you miss most about being a mortal? (Sorry if this was already asked; I admit to not having read every single post.)