The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Rolsand said:
    I still have a reputation for being trash at this game. :(
    It's okay I'm going to be joining you after this game in the trash category. :D
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Shaddus said:
    All he's claiming is a limited amount of nightkill immunities. 
    Ninjas. Always the ninjas making me double post. I am claiming more than that, since protecting myself at night is untargeted.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:
    Pretty sure I have to respond in kind. It seems like there's been some pretty willful misinterpretation of my statements. I don't know if you're a hostile or just really, really desperate to survive, but that seems like a bad thing either way.

Vote: Ushaara
    I do believe this puts Ushaara at 7 votes.
  • Shaddus said:
    All he's claiming is a limited amount of nightkill immunities. 
    And some type of investigator that's dependent on role names. An investigator with 2+ nightkill immunity is a stupidly strong power. Do you read the thread?
  • @Portius Can you give us more info on the fluff about you blocking the two soulless? As close as you can get without quoting.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Call it willful misinterpretation if you like, but my understanding is simply that if you lose an immunity, it means you were attacked. You claim you lost two immunities and thus, that you were attacked twice.

Othero's information says "no Elder was attacked," and he has said that he sees what one Soulless does.

He saw one Soulless attacking another.

What I -don't- believe is that your immunities caused them to attack each other.

I'd also ask why didn't you reveal these attacks earlier?

Do you not think that it was in Town's interest to know that they could be losing 3 people a night?
    @Ushaara I would think that Othero saying he saw the two fighting and not attacking an elder makes it obvious that the town could lose three people per night. Of course it's in the town's best interest to know that. But they already did!

@Othero I'm saying that Luce is an investigator who gets role names, which has fairly obvious synergy with my role. On fluff, only if we decide that it's worth having me claim everything. The details make my role very, very obvious.
  • Yeah, it's worth it then. Your current claim doesn't match everything I have from night 1 and if my role is only giving me fluff then it means the narrative fluff is very important.
  • At the least, narrative-wise, why did Kethuru and Illith attack each other?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Portius said:

Mechanics: Kethuru and Illith both try to eat me. I have kill immunities, so they failed.

Story: Kethuru and Illith both try to eat me. I protect myself (I'm gonna play coy on the precise method because it is absolutely a role claim to say it) and they fail. This leaves them confused, angry, and hungry, so they start to take it out on each other while I get out of dodge.

So yes, they attacked each other in the story. And their fighting meant that they didn't get to eat anyone. But that is mechanically represented by them wrecking my immunities.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Sequence of events, as non-claimy as I can get them:

-Kethuru chases me. There's some collateral damage to the environment as I try to get away.
    -I'm cornered, and I see Illith coming up behind us. Kethuru appears not to notice.
    -I get a cunning idea.
    -Sneak a particularly tasty-looking fae behind Kethuru to get Illith's attention while I defend myself to stall for time.
    -Illith reaches out for the fae, which Kethuru interprets as an attack.
    -They fight, I flee. My story ends.

I'm guessing that you saw that from an observer's perspective? So you'd probably see some things that I missed, like anything that happens after they start to fight.
  • This is an aside and has absolutely no bearing on my role or character, but poor fae. :( 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

I'd like everyone to go back and read what I called the flag-raising post again.

If Portius knew exactly what caused the two Soulless to attack each other, what the hell is up with his quasi-theory about possibly gaining the loser's powers, and his "that would explain them attacking each other" posted there?
    Ushaara said:
    I'd like everyone to go back and read what I called the flag-raising post again.

If Portius knew exactly what caused the two Soulless to attack each other, what the hell is up with his quasi-theory about possibly gaining the loser's powers, and his "that would explain them attacking each other" posted there?

Subtlety for one. Presumably, the soulless would not know that they bounced off a kill immunity. If I act like I don't know why they fought each other, they have to be open to the idea that I got protected by someone else. If I let them know that it's a kill immunity, they could very reasonably guess that there's an x-shot immunity defending something important and try to batter through it. It's much safer for me to act like I'm not sure.

Inference, for another. If they're attacking the same target (without reason to believe that they needed two to break an immunity) that means multiple soulless are probably not communicating very well. If they're all serial killers, they probably don't know each other's identities. If there are just two teams, they probably still don't know each other apart from their own teammates. We know, from Lusternia's histories, that the soulless were interested in eating each other. We also know that serial killers win by being the last one standing.

So regardless of how exactly the soulless groups are broken up, we can reasonably infer that the groups are antagonistic. They can attack each other, and they probably want to. But that creates a weird situation where they want to kill each other, but not too early because they want to use all of the kills an anti-town powers available until there are only a few left, or at least until the power roles are gone. Silvanus might have left that weirdness in, but he could very easily have made the soulless assimilate each other's power if they kill each other. It fits the lore. So that's another thing that people should keep in the back of their head as an option. Not a sure thing, but something that could happen.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game

(This has been such a productive discussion already, omg.)

I'm holding off judgment on the above until @Othero can respond, but this would have quite a few implications about the game set-up if true.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Portius said:
    I think having only one kill strongly implies a cult and/or arsonist. I guess we could've gotten really lucky on blocks, but that seems unlucky in light of our numbers.
    Page 9.
  • I don't feel great about that and I still kind of think you are lying but I'm not really sure. There was nothing in my night text about them going after an elder. It read like they targeted each other, specifically they were "battling for supremacy". Why would I be told that Selenity was targeted, even though it failed, but not that you were targeted and the attack failed? I'm not willing to pull the trigger yet but I don't feel like our two things are meshing.
    Ushaara said:
    Portius said:
    I think having only one kill strongly implies a cult and/or arsonist. I guess we could've gotten really lucky on blocks, but that seems unlucky in light of our numbers.
    Page 9.

Yes, a cult. Like the traitors, that we know exist. They can recruit, but a lot of them combine limited recruitment with a kill option. I'll grant that we're inferring that it's a cult and it could be some other enemy faction. Remember that I don't know how many soulless there are. There might just be Kethuru and Illith. I tanked two soulless kills, and one person died. Implies three kills. I think we can agree on that. But I don't know if the one that got through is soulless or not. I get that it reads like I was saying a kill was hidden, but my thought process was trying to work through what could cause the one that didn't get stopped. Except I didn't want to admit that I stopped two kills that early, for the reasons stated above.

Saying that we might've gotten lucky on blocks reinforces the idea that it wasn't a kill immunity. See above, under "subtlety."

---
    @Othero I think our reports are about as close as can be expected. You did get the core information, that there two soulless who were present but failed to kill. I guess it comes down to how much we want to fluffy descriptions to give concrete info. I'm wary of that, but I might be overly wary.  You'll probably be able to judge it better in a turn or two when you have more reports to compare.
  • Oh, one more question. You might of already answered this but how many night kill protections did you lose on night 1 from the Soulless attacks? It was 2, right?
    Yeah, two. It's the reason that I'm confident there are multiple teams, instead of the story just mentioning every soulless taking part a soulless team's collective kill.
  • Yeah, It looks like you've been saying 2, that both targeted you. 

Unvote Vote: Portius

So on night 1 I was really confused as to why I saw two Soulless, my power wasn't specific on how many I would see, just that I would see what Soulless would do at night. So I asked for a rules clarification. Normally I can only see 1 but because at least 1 Soulless targeted, attacked, the other I saw what both of them did. Between that and the fact that I knew Selenity was targeted even though it failed I've got to call BS. It's not all adding up.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I have an important question.

@Portius, do your immunities include lynch immunities? Or are they simply night immunities.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Subtlety would have been to say nothing about the attack.

Not making suggestive posts about cults/arsonists to mislead the rest of us, knowing that there were two kill attempts on yourself.
    Ah, it seems that we have irreconcilable claims. Either I'm lying, or Othero is. Here is the question: Do you think that Silvanus would provide that much information on a passive, non-targeted power? I doubt it. Closes off too much misdirection space for the hostiles. Means that soulless have an excruciatingly hard time passing their work off on anyone else. Also makes it very hard to for them to present someone who got blocked as scum when they failed to kill for other reasons. You want an overpowered power, there it is. And adding in mod confirmation that he can only see multiples it they target each other? I don't buy it.

Which strongly implies that Othero is hostile.

Unvote
    Vote: Othero

But an accusation like that does mean that I have to claim.

I'm Maeve. Queen of the fae, technically not so much a god as a spiritual defense system for your land.

I get kill immunities. I start with some, and I get more every few night phases based on the number of fae producing gods that are still alive. I'm not naming them, but I'm sure you can take an educated guess at who they are. I know their names, but not who is playing them.

At night, I can give some or all of these kill immunities to other people. At that point, they're gone. I lose them even if nothing attacks my targets. So I'm kind of like a doctor, except not nearly as good. But I can save up my immunities to protect a lot of people at once in an emergency. Unless the soulless knock a few of them out of me. Which, let's be real, they're going to make a point of doing now even if I make it through the day.

Why do I target by role name instead of by player name? Because much like Selenity, I'm not actually a god. I don't get to go to your meetings. I don't recognize all of you.
    Unvote

Portius you've convinced me. Someone else can unconvince me potentially, my vote's not set in stone.

Vote: Othero.
    Question asked, is it important for Town to know the number of kills?
    Portius said:
    @Ushaara I would think that Othero saying he saw the two fighting and not attacking an elder makes it obvious that the town could lose three people per night. Of course it's in the town's best interest to know that. But they already did!

@Othero I'm saying that Luce is an investigator who gets role names, which has fairly obvious synergy with my role. On fluff, only if we decide that it's worth having me claim everything. The details make my role very, very obvious.
    Page 9 quote: If Portius is telling the truth, at this point he knows Town could lose 3 people/night.

"I think having only one kill strongly implies a cult and/or arsonist."

The liar here is Portius.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Portius said:
    I'm Maeve. Queen of the fae.
     Saved for posterity.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Yeah, I'm pretty ok being lynched if you go for it. My power really isn't that useful, I just got lucky on day 1. I'll also flip as exactly what I said I am which will expose Portius. He's worked himself into a corner.
    Mind you my judgement is terrible thus far in this game. In fact, I am pretty sure Steve the Pet Rock would probably play this particular bout of Mafia better than I, but I am having lots of question marks in my head at the moment.

The other way for Othero to know what the Soulless are up to is if he is one, and has been fudging the Soulless Sense by just reporting what he does/attempts. On the other hand, he could be telling the truth and Portius could be fudging it. On the OTHER hand (I have three now apparently) Ushaara is really suspicious...

Ugh.

@Sylandra and @Breandryn - what are you thinking about all this noise? Dx Which one of them would you vote for?