The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Just wait until You see Mine.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh sheet. This gonna be gud.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Portius: just out of curiousity, how many fae-producing Gods do you think are active? Do you know their names, if not who plays them?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Shaddus said:
    @Portius: just out of curiousity, how many fae-producing Gods do you think are active? Do you know their names, if not who plays them?

I do know their names, I do not know their players. I think the design intention was that I can always protect them if I want to spend the immunities on it. There are two of them.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yeah no let's not share that. In the event his claim is true, it outs people that mafia could potentially target the same way Portius is saying he can target.

What do you expect will happen? Three fae producing gods will raise their hands and out themselves to back Portius up?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    (I seem to recall him saying three but I might have misread)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Well lol two then. Sneaky ninjas.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Assuming that's all true, I think it highly unlikely two separate killers assumed that the Meave were present and decided to attack them by that name, or that the mafia killer knew Krokano's name. Therefore at worst We have one, maybe two
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I hate my phone, and will finish that thought below.

Therefore at worst We have one, maybe two Traitors who target by name rather than player?

Is that still a concern?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So if Portius isn't lying, then Othero is yeah? This is sounding like a lynch I can get behind. 

I am torn. This is either the best bluff I've ever seen from a player in a game I'm active in, and Portius is going into the legend hall, or Othero's strangely strong passive power is a fabrication that's finally being brought to life.

A warlock was easier to figure out.

• Unvote,  
    Vote portius

Sorry, but it all sounded like nonsense to me.
  • Sounds to me like Portius doesn't have a power that targets by name, but instead was trying to buy time to think up a fake role claim.
  • I'd also like to just point out how low the probability of Portius' suggested idea is. He's saying all of the Soulless are serial killers who don't know each other. That means Portius on night 1 had a 1 in 19 chance of being picked, a Soulless can't pick himself. That then means that 2 Soulless, entirely independent of each other, happened to both pick the same person out of a pool of 19. Even factoring in the bias in mafia that's really low odds. Portius wasn't doing anything on night 1 to make himself a target. That's a 1/361 chance that both Soulless pick the same person.
    Lavinya said:
    So if Portius isn't lying, then Othero is yeah? This is sounding like a lynch I can get behind. 
    I'm pretty sure it has to be one of us.
     Reputation carries a lot more than You care to admit. Wasn't Celina targeted by four or so different people last night one?

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Unvote.

I'm so confused. :'(
  • I don't disagree that reputation carries a lot but, and no offense to Portius, I don't think he carries that reputation. If we're going straight off reputation then Sylandra, Shaddus, or Celina all seem like stronger targets for night 1.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Since I came in night 1
  • I would also like to point out that we are team elders.
    Othero said:
    I don't disagree that reputation carries a lot but, and no offense to Portius, I don't think he carries that reputation. If we're going straight off reputation then Sylandra, Shaddus, or Celina all seem like stronger targets for night 1.
    I can confirm that only Shaddus targeted me night 1, if that's of any concern.
    Daraius said:
  • I can't remember... Did you see Shaddus target you? Name and all?
  • I'm kind of surprised at the number of people who have commented without voting. Come on people, either I'm lying or Portius is lying. This isn't something we should let pass us by.

And I won't be angry if you vote for me. Worst thing that happens is that I flip exactly as I said I would and Portius gets caught out in this gambit of his.
    I'm marinating. In the middle of transport so haven't gotten to properly decide where to swing my vote.

I also have a gut feel that I don't know if I can trust or not, and want to reread the thread to verify it.

@Portius I don't suppose you'd have a win condition that reads differently than the standard townie one? On account of being Maeve rather than an Elder.
    Daraius said:
    Yomoigu said:
    I can't remember... Did you see Shaddus target you? Name and all?
    Yes, player name only though. No indicator of anything else.
    Daraius said:
    @Sylandra my win condition has the same text as Falmiis', but a different name.
  • Hrmph. One of you two are definitely lying, and while something is definitely off about Portius, I absolutely do not trust the blase 'I don't care if you lynch me' line. For now, that tips the scale into Vote Othero... At least until I read through everything again and find out what's bugging me.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I'm tempted to say "let's just dump our votes on Othero or Portius" but the fact my previous gut feelings have been wrong, I don't trust myself this game anymore.

Too much tricky stuff. This game should have been labelled extra hard. X.x
  • You should though. We should actually come to a consensus before the last day. Dump some votes
    Well, I said My vote was better sitting than not used, so I'm siding with Portius. I just don't get the incredibly strong passive power being deemed okay while the three-shot immunity that can be actively passed to Those who thematically fit with it or used to keep Maeve safe is getting called off.

Unvote
    Vote: Othero

Note, this isn't me vouching for Portius' confirmed innocence, because Maeve has multiple "evil" incarnations. This is me just feeling His explanation more than Othero's.