The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Okay so I now believe Portius's claim.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I believe he's definitely got some immunities, anyway.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That, just super sucks. Gah. Why was there such a strong push to claim and out people in the first few days? The town's investigative powers are extremely limited now.

(Hallifur, omg, HALLIFUR)

I am super surprised that Ushaara wriggled out of yet another lynching, which I didn't get to vocalize on the last day phase. Instead it was wasted on Portius, who has a lynch immunity. Which is super lovely, love those so much (*Stare @Lehki*).

Alright, so we just can't seem to get Ushaara to completion so I am not bothering for the moment, even though I really, really, really do not trust him because he is claiming to be a known traitor.

Out of yesterday's stuff, and night time developments.. So Ssaliss had a mason bond, I do recall someone bringing up a mason connection earlier and it getting turned down. I know Sylandra claimed to be a forest god, but not Elfanhaola (Hoarcle?). That's at least three forest gods, out of 20, which is interesting, plus a Maeve. The Portius thing seemed rushed, maybe it's just cause I woke up to 30+ posts.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

What rushed the Portius lynch was the certainty that Othero and Portius's claims couldn't be reconciled (something I personally think could be misinterpreting flavor text, but eh). It became one vs the other.

The lynch was supposed to show who was lying, or clarify what happened Night 1. Obviously, Portius lived, so that didn't happen.

And correct, I claimed Hoaracle. Portius has said there are two fae-making gods in this game, not forest gods. Slight difference, that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • My three came from Lisaera's death post, and your claiming to be a forest god, not what Portius said.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I'm still not 100% convinced on Portius. If there are immunities to hand out I'm very surprised they had not been handed out to the doctor or investigator. I also would of expected them to attempt to kill him first, especially if they have multiple kills. Bring able to pass out immunities is pretty strong and the longer he is in play the more he has to pass out. Why not use overwhelming force to take him out last night and then take out the investigator tomorrow when he can't be protected? 
  • Vote Phoebus
    Definitely mafia.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Othero said:
    I'm still not 100% convinced on Portius. If there are immunities to hand out I'm very surprised they had not been handed out to the doctor or investigator. I also would of expected them to attempt to kill him first, especially if they have multiple kills. Bring able to pass out immunities is pretty strong and the longer he is in play the more he has to pass out. Why not use overwhelming force to take him out last night and then take out the investigator tomorrow when he can't be protected? 
    I assume they were expecting me to get jailed and thus be unkillable? I was expecting me to be jailed, so I didn't try to hand out immunities to make sure I didn't waste them. I did refresh them last night, though. Which might imply that I wasn't jailed? I'm not sure if getting them refreshed counts as an action or not, or if jailing would block it. I didn't hear anything about getting jailed, but I don't know if I would because I didn't act.

There are potential power interactions here and I have not worked through any of them yet.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Weiwae said:
    Vote Phoebus
    Definitely mafia.
    Source?
    Dylara said:
    My three came from Lisaera's death post, and your claiming to be a forest god, not what Portius said.
    Just checking that we were in agreement!

Weiwae said:
    Vote Phoebus
    Definitely mafia.
    As I tell my students, "please cite your sources and provide evidence for your claims."

I'm willing to believe this, I just want to know why you do.
    Daraius said:
  • Weiwae said:
    Vote Phoebus
    Definitely mafia.
    Rationale?

Nothing happened to me last night. I delivered a nice pretty forging to someone.
  • I will reveal my source when it is relevant to do so.
  • Weiwae said:
    Vote Phoebus
    Definitely mafia.

If you're sure, I have no objection, but would like something to back it up. Some reasoning.

• Portius said:
    Othero said:
    I'm still not 100% convinced on Portius. If there are immunities to hand out I'm very surprised they had not been handed out to the doctor or investigator. I also would of expected them to attempt to kill him first, especially if they have multiple kills. Bring able to pass out immunities is pretty strong and the longer he is in play the more he has to pass out. Why not use overwhelming force to take him out last night and then take out the investigator tomorrow when he can't be protected? 
    I assume they were expecting me to get jailed and thus be unkillable? I was expecting me to be jailed, so I didn't try to hand out immunities to make sure I didn't waste them. I did refresh them last night, though. Which might imply that I wasn't jailed? I'm not sure if getting them refreshed counts as an action or not, or if jailing would block it. I didn't hear anything about getting jailed, but I don't know if I would because I didn't act.

There are potential power interactions here and I have not worked through any of them yet.

I did not jail you. Not sure why you thought you would be a jail target.
    Weiwae said:
    I will reveal my source when it is relevant to do so.
    Well good luck getting a lynch train going based on "trust me, guys." We don't know what you know! You have to argue to convince us.

Let's start out easy. Who did you jail last night? I know it wasn't me, and I know it wasn't Portius.
    Daraius said:
  • People who don't want to get lynched rarely outright declare someone else is mafia. It's not a particularly sound strategy. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    I didn't get jailed last night either. Or attacked.
  • That is to say unless they are certain someone is mafia. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Fyler said:
    vote: Phoebus

I'm willing to gamble. Plus 98% chance Phoebus has a lynch immunity. 
    That's true. This is @Silvanus we're talking about.

Vote: Phoebus.
  • @othero what did you witness?
  • Okay, I'm going to bed. Will I wake to another lynch? :open_mouth:

• Cite your sources.
  • Why should I come my sources for you to tell us what you witnessed?
  • Damn auto-correct. Cite not come.