Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

Comments

• I do acknowledge the points you made regarding D3. Tbh Nylili is more suspicious to me than you right now. 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lycidas said:
    Who said Devora didn't get any heat? All I did was quote relevant posts BEFORE the lynch to demonstrate that there was no delay.
    I was referencing “Yet again the train wagon was STRAIGHT onto Arix” from your earlier post.

Anyway I’m inclined to agree with Coraline that @Nylili is the better pick. Investigator is the easy choice for conversation.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ughhh if I had known missing that vote would have cost me this much I'd have checked my phone a lot more. Are we collectively forgetting that literally every post I had made until that point said Arix was my number one suspect?

If anything I find it more suspicious that Lavinya did roleblock Devora even though their action would have come later due to the time difference, with plenty of time to see that they couldn't have been converted the night before. What if they're covering for each other, and Lavinya was the living recruit, who then recruited Devora? Accounting for Arix not ignoring the power roles, and that they wouldn't have been anti-town aligned earlier in the game, Lavinya's votes being so quick to land and stay might have been out of confidence in Arix's role, or knowing that something would survive the cultist's death.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ooooh. Ohoho. Ok I can't shake the feeling now that our investigator might be compromised. I mean she did confirm I was innocent right? But now wants to vote for me? Something fishy is going on here.

Vote Nylili

A little pressure is in order I think.

• Lavinya, it is a possibility, but is only that. I severely doubt you are the possessed in this case. The reason why it is possible would require you to be the possessed, that recruited Devora and are protecting each other. I think I even listed that possibility in one of my earlier posts. It's not very likely and I don't believe it personally. That being said, I think we have a winner Vote Nylili
  • ..you're right. 

I mean, technically if the Possessed works like the cultist, you wouldn't have an aura if you visited someone and recruited them. But we're not sure of that case (completely new role) and I have a feeling that someone who did a real investigation would obviously mention that this is also possible. This right now feels like an accidental slip up from someone who forgot she was supposed to "investigate" someone (to me, at least)

how many votes are needed for a lynch? I was going to bold vote here, but if it's 3 votes, someone could easily ninja this. So I'll wait for an explanation first.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Checked back. It takes 4 votes to lynch. I'm waiting for an explanation from @Nylili about this. But I'm this close to bold voting her.
  • I didn't spell it out, but I figured it was a given knowing it's exactly how recruitment as a mechanic worked before? The same possibility was pointed out by Lycidas a couple pages ago (I would quote but I'm on mobile). The text I got never changed.
  • Also Lavinya took not 0.5 seconds to bold vote for me the moment I mentioned her, didn't even vote myself, dang

Et tu, Lycidas?
  • I agree with @Lycidas that it's super odd if Arix didn't go after the investigator or the roleblocker. 

We don't know what Possessed does, but Arix knew what Possessed does, and Night 2 he knew that he or I were very likely to get killed soon. Anticipating the possibility of his death, he may have picked a villager due to the nature of the powers of the Possessed, even if it doesn't make sense to us.

On the other hand, if Nylili had cleared Arix or Lavinya had claimed to roleblock him, he could have survived longer; seems like the more useful choice to convert one of them. But they didn't protect him Day 3.
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • Here's the problem with assuming @Nylili is guilty.
    Nylili said:
    I investigated Lavinya in case she'd been slacking in the roleblocking department on purpose, but no such luck.
    Say Nylili got converted N2 or N3. What is she doing clearing the one other obvious suspect D4, thus attracting suspicion to herself? Why not identify a townie without much suspicion on them, like Sylandra or Lycidas, and then get rid of the roleblocker D4?

I know I was roleblocked. So, @Lavinya is town currently – unless recruits or the Possessed retain the abilities they had as a townie or not. In that case, compared to Nylili's target, Lavinya's targeting me would seem way more suspicious.
    Arix said:
  • Then again, if she had cleared Arix and he ended up being lynched, then she would be found to be guilty for sure.

Your points do make sense, but this is under the assumption that everyone always thinks things through and looks at all the possibilities. Sometimes they don't.

What made me suspicious is that
    1. She is one of the people who didn't vote for Arix (and yes, I waited till the last minute to give the final vote)
     2. She said she cleared Lavinya, but when accusation fell on her, decided that Lavinya was more suspicious than her (which in by itself wouldn't make her guilty, but she also failed to acknowledge that she had cleared her before, and didn't provide an explanation to that).
  • I do acknowledge having cleared her, but with the aura transfer in play that's never a sure thing, and I wanted to bring up the possibility that that is what happened, I thought my second paragraph explained why well enough
  • Coraline said:
    Then again, if she had cleared Arix and he ended up being lynched, then she would be found to be guilty for sure.
    I doubt it. If @Nylili was converted N2, she and Arix knew by Day 3 that Lavinya had not roleblocked Arix. Meaning, Arix made a successful conversion N2. Meaning, if Nylili's investigation shows evil at end of night, like Nylili herself claimed, she wouldn't have seen his aura if she investigated him. He would have come up clear to here if she were town. 

I have seen no sound explanation why Nylili wouldn't clear Arix if he converted her N2.
    Arix said:
  • Coraline said:
    2. She said she cleared Lavinya, but when accusation fell on her, decided that Lavinya was more suspicious than her (which in by itself wouldn't make her guilty, but she also failed to acknowledge that she had cleared her before, and didn't provide an explanation to that).
    @Nylili has not voted yet, and more important, said nothing about voting for @Lavinya, just pointed out that what she did was suspicious, which is a sensible observation. Lavinya was the one who jumped in and voted Nylili all of a sudden. Out of the two, Lavinya's behavior is more suspicious.
    Coraline said:
    she also failed to acknowledge that she had cleared her before, and didn't provide an explanation to that).
    No, Nylili gave a plausible explanation, which is that Lavinya was recruited N2 and recruited someone else:
    Nylili said:
    What if they're covering for each other, and Lavinya was the living recruit, who then recruited Devora? Accounting for Arix not ignoring the power roles, and that they wouldn't have been anti-town aligned earlier in the game, Lavinya's votes being so quick to land and stay might have been out of confidence in Arix's role, or knowing that something would survive the cultist's death.
    If Lavinya was recruited N2, she recruited someone else N3, such as Devora. Meaning, if Nylili picks up on evil at the end of the night, she would not have detected it on Lavinya N3 because the aura got transferred.
    Arix said:
  • I'm confused, why are you suspicious of her when she roleblocked you?
  • Nylili is just echoing what I said before today in one of my many situation breakdowns, in that it is a possibility. Devora isn't suspicious of Lavinya, they are explaining to you -why- Nylili has made the posts they did.
    Fwiw I know it’s the running theory but I don’t want to assume that the Possessed operates the same way as the Cultist. The role name is different. I wouldn’t be surprised if the win condition was a bit different too.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    @Devora and @Nylili who would you want to vote today based on the current conversation?
    Daraius said:
  • This is only to ensure the day lasts longer, I still am pretty sold though. Unvote
  • I will vote today, but I'm not sure there's a strong candidate. I was sold on Arix, but I'm mostly confused now.
    Sylandra said:
    Fwiw I know it’s the running theory but I don’t want to assume that the Possessed operates the same way as the Cultist.
    This. This makes me not want to rush this vote.
    Coraline said:
    I'm confused, why are you suspicious of her when she roleblocked you?
    Well, that's the thing. What if Possessed are different? What if Possessed can still use their abilities, if they have them?
    Arix said:
  • @Lycidas Why did you suddenly vote @Nylili? That surprises me in light of your comments earlier.
    Lycidas said:
    we're kind of in this limbo of all the power roles seemingly functioning the way they should. I'm not saying it is 100% the case
    at least to me, it seems the cultist and possessed have left the power roles alone, which is actually more weird to me than anything.
    Lycidas said:
    a few combinations -could- happen. Key word, COULD, some more likely than others.

Arix -> Lavinya -> Devora  (Requires them being able to discuss at night to achieve this claiming and confirming)
    Arix -> Nylili -> Sylandra/Lycidas/Devora
    Arix -> Syl/Lyc -> Nylili/Devora/The other
    Arix -> Devora -> None (Because roleblock)

I think that covers all the actual combinations that could exist, please correct me if I missed one.
    It would make sense for it to be Nylili if the cultist was going after people with powers. But a) it's not clear to me that that's the case – possibly due to the nature of the Possessed's powers – and b) if Arix did convert a person with powers, can we discount the possibility that the Possessed retain their powers?
    Arix said:
  • Alright, the best thing we can do is theorycraft just what the heck we're dealing with, and go from there.

1) Possessed becomes Cultist in every way
    2) Possessed becomes Cultist but won't make another Possessed
    3) Possessed can recruit, and keeps abilities
    4) Possessed can't recruit, and keeps abilities
    5) Possessed can recruit, keeps aura
    6) Possessed can't recruit, has no aura

There's probably more things it can be, but this is what we've come up with thus far, and some of my own added in for good measure. Something to note, Possessed is unique to this game, as you can look in the prior thread and it never made mention that living Recruit becomes Possessed.
  • I semi responded to your post without meaning to, but I'll go over it again. I did say "seemingly functioning" as in the power roles are claiming things that are true.
  • I'm not totally sold on a vote yet @Sylandra

I guess we know Coraline couldn't have been converted by the cultist, but we don't know she couldn't have been by the possessed.

Lavinya's speed demon behavior towards me just now and the potentially unhelpful roleblock of Devora make me most suspicious of her at the moment.

Other than the first day slip up I haven't seen anything particularly strange about Devora's behavior?

While Lycidas seems a lil bit wishy-washy (not that I'm not thankful for the unvote)...

And Sylandra has been untouched by the discussion thus far...
  • Lycidas said:
    This is only to ensure the day lasts longer, I still am pretty sold though. Unvote
    Not sure how that is wishy-washy, but sure. I only did it so that we can try to brainstorm ideas on what we're dealing with, or if it really even is a threat. I'm more inclined to believe possibility 2 or 6 from my list, because to me, a Possessed getting to keep their village ability is well...nutty powerful.
  • Votes:

Nylili (1): Lavinya

With 6 Alive it takes 4 votes to reach a majority.

Day 4 will end at 3pm on Thursday the 28th.
  • I wasn't visited by anyone, but if this Possessed can bypass my pious ability, that would be too overpowered I would think. (Not sure if they can if they did visit. But the likelihood of them visiting me to see if it works rather than convert another person who is sure to be is very less imo)
  • Personally, I don't think a Possessed will have the ability to both use their powers AND infect people (since it seems OP). Devora, if that's the case, you should be infected by now.
  • According to your suspicion of Lavinya plus your belief that the Possessed can retain their ability while infecting, I mean.