Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

Comments

• Also @Lehki Devora has a vote from me, it's on this page
  • What theory crafting is there?? Also, thank you for clarifying something that bothered me. You see, I had no idea -when- the investigator happened, so NOW it makes sense of why we can get a 'clear' read on Devora. Conversion happens immediately, so we've been told. Let's make a priority chart

1) Cultist targets someone, if not blocked, convert
    2) Roleblocker action happens, if not on cultist
    3) Investigator gives alignment report after all variables considered

So if Devora is the cultist, a conversion happened and we can go back and read how the cultist works!! It transfers the aura to the recruit and the cultist now appears innocent. And sure Devora has tried to help, I guess, mostly in mimicry of my own suggestions and driving force. With the 'accusation' (quotes for using the word lightly) that I'm defending Arix and want Devora instead, isn't true, just that I want it very clear to everyone that we shouldn't just jump to her cause either.
  • Votes:

Arix (2): Lavinya, Sylandra
    Devora (2): Coraline, Arix

With 7 Alive it takes 4 votes to reach a majority.

Day 3 will end at 3pm on Sunday the 24th.
  • I feel like the flavor text for how Night 1 went on Day 2 ("all is well"), in contrast to the flavor text for how Night 2 went on Day 3 ("no deaths"), suggests that no conversion occurred Night 1, but a conversion did occur Night 2. What do other people think?
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • I severely doubt the mod would tell us that the cultist recruited through flavor text at day start. But we already know a conversion happened because of no roleblock and no visit on Coraline. Also, to correct your Day 3, it says no new deaths, in reference to Kistan being lynched and nobody dying beyond that.
  • @Nylili, can you confirm: Does the investigator read the aura of the person as they were at the end of the night, or at the beginning of the night?

If the investigator reads the aura at the end of the night, I think that's heavily skewed towards a mafia win. It means that it's useless for the investigator to guess who the cultist is; rather, the investigator would need to guess who the cultist is recruiting. Much less likely to get a hit. To make the investigator's skill useful, the investigator and the roleblocker would have to agree to target the same person. 
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • It's usually based on the order the actions are submitted in

• I checked the other game and it's at the end of the night, I believe.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    All right, so there exists a possibility that Devora is the cultist, converted someone and is no longer showing up as evil. But that assumes this game runs exactly the way Lehki an the previous one.

So we're at a 50-50 coin toss of Devora or Arix then, yes? I still don't see why we can't vote yet based on that knowledge.

We have ample back and forth to look at and evaluate our options. What are we still waiting for at this point? Someone to confess? Arix already did that, haha.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Because there's no need to rush votes. I plan on voting before the day ends, so don't worry about me.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    No need to rush, perhaps, but I feel like we've gone over everything and now it's time to lynch and get some definitive answers. I don't think this is rushing. 

• Great, we have two cultist picks and then we have a converted person. If we lynch one, block the other, we cannot afford for that person to not be blocked. I guess we're just going to vote train Arix since everybody is so sold on him, right?
  • actually it's two votes on two people
  • I don't mind voting either of the 2. Devora seems more suspicious to me based on the Day 1 lying (which she explained only after she was asked about it). Arix also lied, but it was more of a bold lie and one that drew attention to him.

Regardless, both lied. I think I'll keep my vote since there are enough others who can vote and get either person lynched without me changing my vote.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lycidas said:
    Great, we have two cultist picks and then we have a converted person. If we lynch one, block the other, we cannot afford for that person to not be blocked. I guess we're just going to vote train Arix since everybody is so sold on him, right?
    If you'd prefer to vote for Devora, that's okay too! Honestly I can go either way, I just feel Arix has been sweeping under your radar quite a bit. It has to be one of them at this point, and one narrowly escaped death yesterday.

With all the information is out in the open, I personally like people to vote before the very end of the day. That's because you can respond to and react to votes without a ticking timer breathing down our neck. If someone hovers near the brink of a vote, people can get more vocal and try to swing it, especially if their cultist leader is about to perish.

And hey, that's the kind of information I think is worth having right now. So even if you don't want to vote, I think you should state who you're planning to vote and why.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Arix has never left my radar, and I've done my due diligence and made sure I list him as a suspect in every scenario I outline. My goal for all this was to make sure that everyone knew that Devora also wasn't clear. So I'm going to do one last scenario line-up to make sure we have a plan. This is going to be based off what makes sense versus what -might- actually be the case:

1) We lynch one (Arix/Devora) and they flip Villager. Lavinya roleblocks the one still alive.
    a) If we get a death at night (recruit killing themselves) they we -SHOULD- have the cultist guaranteed
    b) Investigator should check out someone they're unsure of that ISN'T of our cultist suspects

2) We lynch one (Arix/Devora) and they flip Cultist. We then go through the process of investigating the town one by one to root out the recruit ... or they give up and kill themselves to speed up the process.
    a) Less glorious and less 'fun' but I'm here to win.
    b) If Investigator finds someone is guilty and we lynch them, and it's wrong...well 'GG' we know who the recruit is, huh?

Anyway I look at it, this is auto win for town, so long as Lavinya is actually town still as a roleblocker. Last scenario is as follows

3) We lynch one (Arix/Devora) and they flip Villager. Lavinya doesn't roleblock the one still alive.
    a) Recruit kills themselves and Cultist is able to recruit again (purely hypothetical, noting makes me think this is possible, but worse case scenario)
    b) Recruit doesn't kill themselves and keeps a two-man team to try and cause confusion for the longer run. This is only effective if Investigator is no longer the investigator, see 2b for how to handle.

If I've made our situation clear, then lets just get this over with. I'm town and I'm certain nobody reads me as the recruit, and I've done my damnedest to steer town to a victory through logic.
  • Sounds like a plan!
  • Votes:

Arix (2): Lavinya, Sylandra

There is just over an hour left to vote!
  • Guess I'll Vote Arix not that it matters anymore, unless people come in clutch to finalize it.
  • Lol that quiet majority lynch
  • Votes:

Arix (3): Lavinya, Sylandra, Lycidas

30 minutes to go before we default to no lynch.
  • ..does this mean I have to change my vote to prevent a no lynch this round or
  • don't ask questions and just go.
  • Sigh, I think both of them are suspicious anyway so

unvote and vote arix

Please please please roleblock devora
  • And it seems we have a lynch!

Arix was "The Cultist"

Aura of Evil - You can transpose your aura over another player and subvert them to your will, changing their role to "The Recruit". However you can only control 1 person at a time, and moving your aura to another will require the death of your current recruit. If your Recruit uses the Ritual Sacrifice power, you will be able to convert another recruit the same night.

Additionally, if you have a living recruit at the end of the night, anyone hunting for your evil presence will be unable to detect it around you but will be able to detect it on the recruit.

The Cult wins when you control 50% of the remaining players. If there is a living recruit when you die, they will become "The Possessed".

It is now Night 3!

Night 3 will end 3pm on Monday the 25th!
  • Somehow I thought Devora would pull the last minute vote on me.
  • Dawn breaks once more, what will the day bring this time?

It is now Day 4!

With 6 Alive it takes 4 votes to reach a majority.

Day 4 will end at 3pm on Thursday the 28th.
  • I have been waiting for the night to end, just so I can scream. WHAT THE HELL IS A POSSESSED!? So we're dealing with a role we know nothing about. Investigator, what did you find? Roleblocker, who did you block? Usual round up of information so that we can stomp this out and get town another win.
  • I want to start by saying sorry Devora, I really thought it was you, and I hope roleblocker didn't listen to me ans roleblocked someone else.

But now that the Cultist is gone, we have a Possessed (whatever it is). Can I suggest looking at the people who didn't vote up Arix? Devora and Nylili didn't vote him up. I have a feeling our investigator is compromised...
  • Also, I got no visits, for obvious reasons