Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

Comments

• Coraline said:
    But you also commented before I made that comment that you didn't notice anyone visiting you (I only noticed this later on), so if you had her claim to roleblock you, someone would've definitely called you out on that. 
    That's what I'm saying. If I was the cultist, I would have claimed someone visited me and then had Lavinya say she blocked me, because the two of us would have been in cahoots. My actions don't make sense if I had recruited Lavinya on Night 2.

That said, why didn't I notice Nylili visiting me? @Lycidas, did you notice anything on Night 1 when she said she investigated you?
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • I don't think Arix recruited Lavinya, because she voted for Arix. But rest makes sense.

Not sure if this is actually a good idea (seems like a good idea to me right now) but we could just not lynch anyone today, since the cultist needs sacrifice from recruit to recruit more people, and based on who dies in sacrifice, we can have a better idea of who the cultist is.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  •  Lycidas said:
    2) Arix recruited Lavinya, Lavinya claims missed action because actual block was on Devora
       a) If the roleblock -WAS- on Devora, Nylili's report would be correct incriminating Arix
    Well, if Arix recruited Lavinya, why wouldn't she say she roleblocked Arix? Wouldn't that incriminate me much more effectively than claiming no roleblock? 
    Arix said:
  • I did not notice her visiting me, no. Also, not lynching is a terrible option.
  • I agree with Lycidas. Just in terms of the numbers game. 
    Arix said:
  • And I meant what would happen if we lynch the cultist and the recruit is still alive? How would the game continue at that point?

I'm not sure if I believe Lavinya's claim either. But, based on my idea of no lynch, we can ask Lavinya to roleblock someone other than the 2 suspects for this night, and see if she roleblocked or not. Cult can't recruit without the recruit dying. Don't know if I'm missing any loopholes here, but with my reasoning:

1. If Lavinya sacrifices herself, then it will point to Devora as the cultist. (We know that Arix/Devora is the cultist and Lavinya voted for Arix)

2. If no one dies, and Lavinya roleblocked a town as suggested, then she wasn't recruited. 

3. If no one dies, and Lavinya didn't roleblock a town, then points to suspicion in 1 again.

4. If Arix wants to recruit Lavinya, then he needs the sacrifice of his other recruit.

Based on this, is it possible to make a foolproof plan to find the real cultist?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Lycidas said:
    I did not notice her visiting me, no.
    Ok. Is that odd or not? Didn't Sylandra confirm that Lavinya roleblocked her? Unlike roleblocking, does the investigated person get no sign whatsoever that someone has visited them or checked them out?
    Arix said:
  •  For that matter, should a vanilla townie even notice or be able to confirm if they have been roleblocked?
    Arix said:
  • Based on Lycidas's statement you quoted and you mentioning earlier this day that no one visited you (and the investigator claims to visit you) I think we can conclude that you won't get notified of being investigated.
  • Devora said:
     For that matter, should a vanilla townie even notice or be able to confirm if they have been roleblocked?
    Oh.. good point. I hope Sylandra hasn't been fooling us this entire time and recruited Lavinya in the first night all along. 
  • I'll put this above possibility I mentioned on the back seat for now because they didn't vote together on the lynch yesterday (and Lavinya even said that lynch was not a good idea so it wasn't an afk thing). Also this possibility just males everything all the more confusing.

If it does turn out to be true, that's a pretty clever play though.
  • Hey guys, sorry I just posted but am dealing with major life drama. @Devora I don't see why a townie vanilla or otherwise wouldn't know about posted guards, but we really have no examples
  • Of course vanilla townies get notified of a posted guard outside of their home. Sylandra was notified and we PROCESS OF ELIMATION and through claims noted that Lavinya was the roleblocker. Let's not begin to second guess ourselves and knowledge.
  • @Lehki could we get a vote count?
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

unvote and vote Devora
  • Votes:

Arix (1): Lavinya
    Devora (1): Coraline

With 7 Alive it takes 4 votes to reach a majority.

Day 3 will end at 3pm on Sunday the 24th.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Good grief. Very sorry townies. 

If I had deliberately not blocked someone, or was recruited I would totally be saying I blocked them to cover both our asses. I am telling the truth and it's caused turmoil but lying (if that's what actually happened, me recruited) would absolutely be what I would do. Not make myself look worse.

I'm ok with voting either Arix or Devora, really. But I think we need to make something happen.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Devora said:
     For that matter, should a vanilla townie even notice or be able to confirm if they have been roleblocked?
    Well it’s what happened so yeah.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    If our choices are Devora or Arix, Devora has been more cooperative.

Vote Arix change my mind.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • How has she been more cooperative? By stating that it's not her, so it has to be Arix?
  • I would like to point out that Devora investigating as town does not actually make her town
  • Indeed, since we know a conversion happened (Coraline had no visitors and we had no roleblock) so Devora isn't cleared, as I've stated earlier.
  • I'm going to return to my original vote, VOTE DEVORA. Also keeping an eye on the 'let's just vote to be doing something' crowd
    Lycidas said:
    How has she been more cooperative? By stating that it's not her, so it has to be Arix?
    In the previous dayphase, Devora suggested a plan of action (ie, block X and kill Y) to try and narrow down information.

Arix announced he was scum and then said everyone who voted him after that admission was suspicious.

This is the second time you've vocally been opposed to voting Arix, @Lycidas. Why do you think Devora is the better pick here?
    Daraius said:
    To be clear, I think it's going to be difficult to pinpoint people who were converted, so my goal is really to focus on catching the first cultist based on the information we gained last dayphase.
    Daraius said:
  • Actually Lycidas said that I think

Okay here is my reasoning in a little more depth.
    Nylili said:
    I was out and about by Devora's home last night, as town requested. No evil aura there either, unfortunately. What's our next step?
    See, when I had this ability last game, I was told my ability would read the aura of the person as they were at the end of the night. So for starters, if Devora is being read as "not evil" then I'm inclined to think targeting Arix makes more sense.

Devora said:
    1. @Arix you are the only one who did not vote for no kill on Day 1, except for Lavinya who has a time difference.
    2. You pulled that weird stunt Day 2
    3. Then you voted to kill the first person another villager suggested (me)
    4. As soon as the tides changed (2 for Kistan, 1 for me) you quickly switched to voting for Kistan and encouraged people to rush the vote before he got a chance to speak up.

Can you explain some of this? Taken as a whole it looks suspicious to me.
    I'm inclined to agree with Devora's points here about targeting you, as well.

But in reference to my post above, @Arix, I'm mainly talking about this post here:
    Devora said:
    1. If all the claims are honest, it's between @Arix and @Kistan. I think Arix might be the cultist and pulled that stunt in order to divert suspicion away from himself. 

2. This is unlikely, but it's possible the cultist is either @Nylili or @Lycidas. The cultist may have turned the investigator on the first night. So either Nylili the cultist pretends to be the investigator and clears Lycidas, the true investigator who visited Coraline, as townie, or Nylili is the investigator who visited Coraline but who, after being turned, clears Lycidas the cultist on Day 2. 

3. This is extremely unlikely, but it's also possible @Sylandra or @Lavinya are the cultist. The role blocker could have visited Coraline, then gotten turned by the cultist on the first night. 
    We tested Kistan's alignment using this logic. Now I want to test yours and see if the above concept holds water. Granted, Devora could also be lying because of the theory-crafting we've had about whether or not master cultist alignment can be read or not, but I'm following her arguments better than I'm following yours, Arix.
    Daraius said:
    Devora said:
    Lycidas said:
    I did not notice her visiting me, no.
    Ok. Is that odd or not? Didn't Sylandra confirm that Lavinya roleblocked her? Unlike roleblocking, does the investigated person get no sign whatsoever that someone has visited them or checked them out?
    Also this is 100% normal. Imagine how game-breaking it would be for mafia to know every time they were investigated or for town to know if they'd been investigated. It would change how people act in the dayphase for sure!

Roleblocks showing up depend on your game moderator. Usually they're more visible because they prevent you from taking an action; if you don't have an action to perform, however, it's up to the mod's discretion on if they want to let you know or not. I've run both kinds of games in the past.
    Daraius said:
  • Votes:

Arix (2): Lavinya, Sylandra
    Devora (1): Coraline

With 7 Alive it takes 4 votes to reach a majority.

Day 3 will end at 3pm on Sunday the 24th.
  • I had internet trouble when day one started that I decided to sleep on and so didn't realize the game had started, and then when I did we'd already ended the day