Cult of Mafia 2: The Revengening

Comments

• :|
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • I will say that was a really dangerous game to play. I didn't even suspect Arix before, but I really thought he got bored and confessed.

You were one vote away from getting lynched, dude!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • And, as town, we might be in an advantage today, but if we don't find the cultist, we will quickly lose that advantage. We have some (almost) confirmed town today but that won't be the case tomorrow.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • There are no almost confirmed, we have 3 confirmed town out of 8 people, and we'd have 4 if the darned ROLEBLOCKER would speak up -.-
  • If me and @Arix are both villagers, that would pencil @Lavinya into that spot as guard
  • Guard hasn't spoken up yet. Hmm. Also what's Devora? I don't have any proof but I feel suspicious of her. Something is off.
  • Devora said:
    Hiya, uneventful night for me.

So either we have role-blocked the cultist yet again on the first try or this is a no kill game. Probably the second. In which case I'm not sure how to go about identifying who belongs to townies or cultists without revealing a bit about our roles.

I'm mostly powerless now, but I have an ability for late game.
    @Devora and what is this power you spoke of?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Well as a policy lynch I do make sense for less activity and it would be a way of verifying my claim that I was roleblocked, but I am a vanilla townie. So if your goal is to remove a cultist I’m not a good pick.

@Arix your motives confuse me. I’m leaving my vote on you until a better option presents itself.

So here’s a thought. Maybe the roleblocker doesn’t want to claim because they were converted. And it benefits them to let me claim a block without anyone confirming it.

It’s the only reason short of low activity that I can see someone holding off on the claim for so long.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh wait the roleblocker is probably @Lavinya who is in Australia. Time zone might be a factor here.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • From Devora's claim that she has a role that is not that useful now but could be useful for later game, I feel like she was planning to claim Pious. But I'm Pious and I don't think there's more than one of that role, which makes me suspicious.

Also the fact that investigator has been claimed already and she hasn't claimed to be roleblocker (which also doesn't seem like it would be a useful ability later in game.)

Due to this, Devora is currently looking most suspicious to me so I'm going to vote Devora
  • Given the way the last game was, I find it unlikely for there to be a long game role. Am going to vote devora as well
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I didn't claim earlier because I wanted to see if Sylandra said anything. I was going to quietly vouch for her not being the nightly visitor if need be, and didn't want to out myself unnecessarily but now it's needed I see! Yes, I'm the roleblocker.

Arix that claim was....weird. I'm inclined to think you're suspicious based on it, I really do. I was actually reading through and expected to see game over but the train halted.

I'm still inclined to put my vote on him, but I'm open to exploring the option of Devora. I'd like to hear more from her.

• Votes
    Devora (2): Coraline, Arix
    Arix (1): Sylandra

With 8 remaining it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 2 will end at 3pm on Wednesday the 20th!
  • Heya, I lied earlier bc I didn't realize the roles were same as always and we would have a chance of figuring things out so soon. I am a vanilla villager but thought if I claimed to have a role not usable now but useful later in the game, the cultist might try to get me in the night early on, preventing important roles like guard and doctor from getting taken out.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

List of claims

1. Coraline, immune to solo recruitment, claims she got a visitor. Probably the cultist.
    2. Nylili claims to be investigator. No counter claims.
    3. Nylili claims she investigated Lycidas and that he is town.
    4. Sylandra claims she was visited by the role blocker.
    5. Lavinya claims to be the role blocker. She confirms visiting Sylandra.

That would make Lycidas, Devora, Sylandra, Arix, and Kistan vanilla townies. There are only 4 vanilla townies, so one of those 4 is the cultist. If #3 is true, Lycidas can't be the cultist, and if #4 and #1 are true, neither can Sylandra. That would mean it's between Devora, Arix, and Kistan. I'm townie, that leaves Arix and Kistan.
    Arix said:
  • 1. If all the claims are honest, it's between @Arix and @Kistan. I think Arix might be the cultist and pulled that stunt in order to divert suspicion away from himself. 

2. This is unlikely, but it's possible the cultist is either @Nylili or @Lycidas. The cultist may have turned the investigator on the first night. So either Nylili the cultist pretends to be the investigator and clears Lycidas, the true investigator who visited Coraline, as townie, or Nylili is the investigator who visited Coraline but who, after being turned, clears Lycidas the cultist on Day 2. 

3. This is extremely unlikely, but it's also possible @Sylandra or @Lavinya are the cultist. The role blocker could have visited Coraline, then gotten turned by the cultist on the first night. 
    Arix said:
  • As of now, my suspicions are on Arix and Devora. Both have admitted to lying, but claims that it was to help town. Hmm.

If Arix pulled that stunt to get suspicion away from himself, that definitely backfired in my case at least. I had not thought of him as a suspect before, but I do now. 
  • In my opinion, we should lynch one of them and roleblock the other (if the lynched is town)
  • Taking bets on Kistan being cultist two games in a row, and got screwed yet again.
  • Lycidas said:
    Taking bets on Kistan being cultist two games in a row, and got screwed yet again.
    >x< That would be SO sad
    Coraline said:
    In my opinion, we should lynch one of them and roleblock the other (if the lynched is town)
    How about kill Arix, investigate Kistan, and roleblock me? I know I'm a vanilla townie so I'm not worried about roleblock.

Whatever we decide, it's primarily down to me, Arix, and Kistan. We should kill one, investigate one, and roleblock one.
    Arix said:
  • No offense, Devora, but you're looking super fishy to me right now. You said you lied about being a role which becomes important in the end, so the cult will not target guards/investigator and instead on you.. so you'll be a recruit.. who will win against town.. it all makes little sense.

That said, if town wants to lynch Arix today and needs my vote, I will give it, but Devora has to be roleblocked.
    Both @Devora and @Arix have made unexpected plays today that kind of confuse me re: what they are trying to accomplish.

I feel more inclined to lynch Arix because if you're going to confess you're the scum, you should be prepared to face the consequences of claiming that, whether or not it was your master plan to get the "real" scum out of hiding by doing so. But "lynch all liars" is a tried and true strategy that would suggest voting either Arix or Devora here. I can hop if we need a body.

Other thought: since I was blocked last night, that means the cultist wasn't blocked. So they definitely took action on somebody. Unless a Pious was targeted, we have two possible cultists, right? Am I missing something that lets us think we're definitely at one? We seem to be talking like we're at just one. (I was out of town all weekend and have been through a string of meetings in the past 48 hours so I'm a little in-and-out with the current status quo, sorry y'all.)
    Daraius said:
  • Coraline said:
    so the cult will not target guards/investigator and instead on you.. so you'll be a recruit.. who will win against town.. 
    Obviously I didn't want to be recruited, but it's better for me to be recruited since I'm vanilla than someone else with an important role.

Usually everyone's roles don't come out on Day 2. I still think it was a sensible play, but I wouldn't have done it if I'd known the roles were the same as the first time around.
    Arix said:
  • Sylandra said:
    since I was blocked last night, that means the cultist wasn't blocked. So they definitely took action on somebody. Unless a Pious was targeted, we have two possible cultists, right? 
    Right. Coraline was either visited by a cultist or an investigator. I laid out what that would mean in this post: 
    https://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/191023/#Comment_191023
    I think it's more likely Coraline was visited by the cultist. Otherwise the investigator must have been converted by the cultist, or the real investigator would have counter-claimed Nylili. 
    Arix said:
  • In light of this information I think I'm more convinced that Arix was the cultist, frankly the mis-claim seems too out-of-the-blue to me. Yet Kistan's claim (if Arix and I are both villagers...) on the next day is also suspicious... And since the claim was made after I claimed investigator, perhaps they are defending each other? I'm not feeling strongly towards one versus the other, but Arix's bold-faced lie would be a little too brash to be sensible if he were truly anti-town, so I'm voting the other way.

Vote: Kistan
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    This all hinges on Coraline's claim being correct. We could be foolishly believing her while she's already converted and cleverly dodging all suspicion. 

For Sylandra and I to be anything other than we claim is a bit of a stretch, same with Nylili and Lycidas. No reason to lie, no conflicting arguments. 

I think I'm going to apply some more pressure since I still think Arix's attempt to claim scum in some weird chance to out the bad guys is all kinds of messed up. If I was the cultist and someone else claimed it, I'd quietly sit back and let them hang themselves. Unless he was looking for leaping ninja votes....still.

vote Arix

• Lavinya said:
    This all hinges on Coraline's claim being correct.
    No one has counter claimed Pious. That means either Coraline is the cultist and recruited Pious, or Coraline is Pious and was recruited.

Pious needs both a visitor and a cultist to be present to get recruited. That's pretty unlikely. Because if the investigator or role blocker visited Coraline, why aren't they speaking up?

Possibly Lycidas was Pious. Nylili investigated Lycidas and he came up clean. Later that night Coraline the cultist visited Lycidas and recruited him. Seems like a lot of coincidences to me.
    Arix said:
  • We have a lot of misconceptions going on, so lets clear all these up

1) Coraline is claiming a role we never knew about last game, so could be something new or Devora who was the self-watcher last game would know more about.
    2) There is only 1 outcome where the cultist recruited, and that was Coraline who got visited
    3) If Coraline didn't get recruited, and has been helping town, that is against win condition
    4) We vote Kistan who has been happily lurking
    5) Lavinya roleblock Arix
    6) Nobody visits Coraline
    7) Nylili investigates Devora

This goes on all claims being 100% true, and only hinges on Coraline telling the truth honestly. If so, this is auto.
  • Whoops, forgot to bold Vote Kistan
  • Lycidas said:
    2) There is only 1 outcome where the cultist recruited, and that was Coraline who got visited
    Are we sure about that? This could be a game where we get no warning if recruitment is successful.

If we *do* get some kind of warning, the only options are that 1) Sylandra was the cultist, in which case who visited Coraline? or 2) Coraline got recruited bc she was visited by the cultist and another person, in which case why aren't they speaking up? or 3) Coraline got visited by the cultist and no one else, in which case there was no recruitment.
    Arix said:
  • Lycidas said:
    3) If Coraline didn't get recruited, and has been helping town, that is against win condition
    What? She's a townie with powers. She wins if town wins, no?
    Arix said: