Six Ages Mafia

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited November 2019
    Elmal's sun rises once again. You convene once again, only to find that nobody has died in the night. A blessing, to be sure, but a surprise. Time for more arguing and accusations!

httpsvignettewikianocookienetsixagesimages77cClan_MadPNGrevisionlatestcb20181215072848

It is now DAY TWO. The day end on Monday, Nov 25th, at 3PM EST.
    With 6 Riders alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch!
    VOTES
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:

That is the sun of Shargash, the Demon Sun of Alkoth. You know not what it means, save that your enemies have gotten better at killing!

Based on this and Aysidra's ability to kill on odd number nights, I assume this means that we have two hostile factions and the other faction can now kill every night to keep things balanced.

Also, I withdraw my suspicion of @Mysrai. At least, my mafia suspicion, I will never trust the Myriad in-game. Mysrai has what appears to be a very town power. People have said my oversharing is not helpful to the town, so I'll leave it to the group to decide whether or not I should share what I learned / validate Mysrai's claim if made.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Weeeird.

Okay first things first. I’m guessing we had two mafia factions that swapped nights on kills. The flavor message at the end of D1 with scumboi Ayisdra dead suggests our enemies have gotten “stronger.” I interpret this as the other faction getting the ability to kill every night instead of just every other night.

So if we have one mafia and they had a one time power like Ayisdra, I am guessing they spent their power tonight rather than commit a kill. There is a possibility though that someone successfully prevented a kill.

If you protected someone last night, then, please do share!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I protected Zitto from night kills last night. He seemed most likely to be town, with a strong enough power. I don't know if the defense was required.

I find Zitto and Sylandra's speculation regarding the killing ability of our foes plausible. I want to note that Ayisdra's ability doesn't specify that raiding and killing are mutually exclusive, so it's possible the remaining foe(s?) (Wheel?) are able to use a power and a kill.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • I definitely agree with the running theory that we probably had two Mafia with night-swapping, and the one that's left has gotten stronger and can probably murder every night now.

If Zitto wasn't targeted during N1, it's possible the remaining scum can't use their power *and* murder, right? It doesn't specify on Ayisdra's sheet, but it's something to keep in mind. Did anyone have anything happen to them overnight that seems suspicious and might give us important info? I didn't. Or can Zitto verify he was targeted, or would he not have seen that with the protection power?

Maybe that isn't important overall but it could be good to know for verifying what we are against.

I don't necessarily want Mysrai to claim but can you also verify whether something happened and it wasn't bad?

As for who to point fingers at, assuming Zitto isn't lying (possible if Mysrai didn't get flavor text, possible too if they did, but I'm not highly suspicious), Mysrai, Carakhan, and Zitto(?) are town. I am too, which unless we have information, means it's either Sylandra or Merlose.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    I can verify @Mysrai targeted me last night with whatever ability they have, and I’m not dead.

I am a one shot watcher and figured I would watch myself and see what’s up. Given @Zitto knows Mys’s ability, I figured it would be helpful to mention it was me who was on the receiving end of whatever it was.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That is entirely true. For what it's worth, I would very much like it if @Sylandra and @Lief could confirm their genders for me. I'll be happy to claim and/or explain my power once that's done.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
    Sure, I can’t think of a reason not to. Male.
    Daraius said:
  • Lief said:
    Can Zitto verify he was targeted, or would he not have seen that with the protection power?
    I was only notified of the success of my ability, not of the apparent attempt and defense of my life. I too would very much like @Lief to claim their gender before we discuss Mysrai's power.
  • @Zitto don't you steal my spotlight you cantankerous old power snatcher! <3
  • @Mysrai I'm just adding additional pressure to your request is all.
  • Yay, checking in for day 2. Interesting to see what happened over night.

To my knowledge, nothing happened to me during the night and I lost track of time to make a decision didn't have enough information to make my power worth using. So that's my contribution to that. Wish I could say more.

I'm curious about @Lief asserting that @Carakhan is town? I mean, yes, if everyone is telling the truth, she would be, but if everyone is telling the truth we have no scum at all. A claim of protection on a night no one died isn't a hard claim to make. I'd posit (along with everyone else) that the two factions alternate nights. We know Ayisdra had an odd numbered night kill power. If the remaining scum has an even numbered night kill power, then protection is an easy power claim.

@Zitto seems to me to be town, based on his claimed role, power, and forthcomingness about pretty much all of it. And based on that I'm willing to believe @Mysrai is town as well (sorry for the vote! I think I explained my reasoning). I'm also less skeptical (but not totally convinced) of @Sylandra because one night watcher seems like a weird power to give scum. Maybe whoever is targetted receives a message about it? I guess we'll have more information when the reveal is in.

• I have thoughts and I'll be sharing them, but I would much prefer my question to be answered first, so I'll hold off until that happens (hopefully tomorrow). There are two people I find more suspicious than any else, though.
    @Lief don’t keep us in suspense!
    Daraius said:
  • I just want to clarify that I don't know if anyone attacked Zitto or not.

I will point out that I soft-claimed protector yesterday, and that no one else (save Ayisdra) has sought to counter-claim it. (I unvoted because I was curious if he was claiming something other than nightkill protection, as my power was fairly specific about protecting from nightkills only)

At this point I'm most inclined to think that either Merlose or Lief is our remaining foreigner, assuming there is only one which I think is probable. But clearly other people have access to more information than I do, so I may not contribute much until Mys's questions are answered.

• I think the best thing to do is wait for Mysrai's questions to be answered. I don't have a lot of alibi here, but I can agree with Carakhan about myself and Lief being suspect. Obviously I know that I'm town, and will do what I can to prove it when the time comes.
    Merlose said:
    I think the best thing to do is wait for Mysrai's questions to be answered. I don't have a lot of alibi here, but I can agree with Carakhan about myself and Lief being suspect. Obviously I know that I'm town, and will do what I can to prove it when the time comes.
    Did you not take an action last night then? 
    Daraius said:
  • Sorry, sorry, I've been roleplaying all night and heading to bed!

@Merlose is right in that "if everyone is telling the truth, we have no scum", but my lean on Carakhan being not scum is because of the soft claim made. Looking back, you're absolutely right Zitto received no message, and so @Carakhan could be fibbing and lucked out with an enormously successful and bold bluff on D1.

I can likewise confirm my gender is Male.
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    Pinging @Zitto and @Mysrai.
    Daraius said:
  • Sorry, am at work and won't be able to give a proper response until later this evening, but I made an attempt to marry Sylandra and Lief last night. Unfortunately my Goddess does not condone a holy union between two men, no matter how true their love may be.

• Since Merlose is claiming inaction, the only person who has not stated what they did last night is Lief. At this point I think it would be useful to have that information.

Also, Merlose, would I be correct in assuming that you/your deity are Male?
  • My deity is male, yes
    Mysrai said:
    Sorry, am at work and won't be able to give a proper response until later this evening, but I made an attempt to marry Sylandra and Lief last night. Unfortunately my Goddess does not condone a holy union between two men, no matter how true their love may be.

Your Goddess is mean. :( They’ll never destroy our true love, @Lief.

But this is interesting because if I am reading everyone’s posts correctly then I agree Lief and @Merlose are the only ones who didn’t spend a power. Is that correct?
    Daraius said:
  • That is a really interesting power. What's it for? I guess verifying genders, but I don't see a lot of use to that outside of other gendered powers. So I'm curious what the point of it is.

So, here's my thoughts as currently stand on the state of the game.

@Zitto has claimed to be town, a priest/ess of genderfluid Raven. He's claimed an interesting power, but frankly he's been so forthcoming about it that he's either telling the truth, or he's the most gutsy, devious mafia mastermind that he probably deserves a win. I'm going forward on the theory he's town, though.

@Mysrai has powerclaimed, and though it's a weird one, we also know that Zitto says he copied it. That would make lying about it stupidly risky and bold. In addition, I think Zitto dropped enough hints today to basically confirm the power, and that makes me feel like Mysrai is town.

@Carakhan -did- soft claim a protection power on D1. As I said above, I don't think this absolves her entirely. If we're right about the even/odd alternating kills, she would know that she couldn't kill on N1 anyways, and pushing for an Ayisdra kill after enough people were on him that he was trying to quick role reveal seems safe and like it would keep her from being suspect. If Ayisdra wasn't the other foreigner and someone died, she could just claim to have protected the wrong person. Still, it would be gutsy, if someone else had an actual protection power.

@Sylandra is interesting. She is always suspect, per the rules of the game, of course, but she claims a watcher power. As I said above, a watcher power seems really town to me. Why would it matter to scum who was using what powers on whom? She did know that Mysrai used a power on her. I thought briefly about maybe Mysrai's power had a message to the target, but Lief was the second target and says she didn't see anything at night. That would imply to me that she's telling the truth here.

So I think it comes down to myself and @Lief as prime suspects. Neither one of us had anything happen to them, neither one of us claims a power used last night. So, I'm going to try to bolster my defense with a role reveal.

I'm a tablet maker of Hyalor, the lawgiver. Hyalor is responsible for the Riders even learning to Ride in the first place. There's a myth that one day the Riders approached him and demanded the golden tablets that his laws were engraved on, and he revealed them to be blank. "When Hyalor gave us the blank gold tablets, he said, “Let this be your only emperor.”" His message is for the Riders to think for themselves.

As one of his tablet makers, I can re-enact this ritual once during the game, showing the tablets to someone, and if they have a limited use power, they will gain another use of it.

I was against a D1 role reveal because of the information it would give to the foreigners, even though it hampered my ability to use my power effectively. So during N1, I really only had Zitto and Carakhan's claim to go on. I intended to debate whether to use it on one of them or try it blind during my morning time, but then I forgot to and didn't remember until too late. I certainly wish I had just used it on Zitto, since then he would at least have been told he had an extra use of the power to confirm my claim. On the other hand, maybe if I had, Carakhan's protection would have triggered? @Carakhan can you confirm if your power was a block all actions, or just protects them from death?

At this point I'm more than willing to answer questions and offer justification for any of my actions.

• Genders may be useful because I theorize that the remaining foreigner is male, which means it's one of Sylandra, Merlose or Lief.

My protection is agao

• Gah. My protection is/was against night kills only.

I don't think @Sylandra is completely absolved. Self watcher could be a handy solo scum power, and general watcher could be useful to know who has burned a power, and to help counter the other scum.

I'm pretty sure I know who Mysrai's goddess is and am comfortable treating them as confirmed town.

Given @Merlose's claim, my top suspicion is of @Lief.
  • (Curse you, Frozen 2!)

If we are going to role claim, I guess I've got to, too. I'm a priest of Elmal, war god of the sun, father to both Samnal and Hyalor. Because my god was not there to defend Yelm against the Rebel Orlanth, he bears the Rams (and the Rebel, naturally) a particular grudge. 

As priest to a war god, I can enact his rites of the Path Guardian once to boost my (hopefully ally's) morale. Once a game at night, I can RALLY a person. If they would have been blocked by someone of the opposite gender, their ability is successful. To be clear, this IS a very different from the power that @Carakhan is claiming. I am helping someone's power beat a powerblock, not defend them against attacks or others using powers upon them. That is why I was so curious about whether people had sensed powers used against them.

I had been hesitant about role revealing because I know the Wheel worships my god too and I don't want to die for lack of a better target, but I win with the Riders.

I agree that given the nature of my power and that Ayisdra is out already, we are looking for a male, and I suspect a female powerblocking move from them. Which leads me to wonder whether they tried to do that last night or not and guessed wrong, and if they can't power AND kill, whether that's what happened?

Has anyone claimed a power that is not used just once a game? It seems to me like @Merlose has claimed a power that would indicate maybe there might be, though maybe it was given vague enough wording so that none of us would know for sure.

I'm uncomfortable completely ruling @Zitto as innocent, and it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't case, but I can't shake the feeling that it's convenient for a scum to 1. claim a robbing power that would fit perfectly with his safeclaim, 2. claim to use it on someone they know is town (because scum 2 is dead) after a show of huge suspicion, and 3. then to say "I won't share anything except that Mysrai is town" and piggyback in agreement off what they say.

~
    ~
  • Also, to confirm (and idk why my text is showing gray but I can't fix it from my phone, so I will bold it instead) but I did not use my power N1.
    ~
    ~
    Carakhan said:
    I don't think @Sylandra is completely absolved. Self watcher could be a handy solo scum power, and general watcher could be useful to know who has burned a power, and to help counter the other scum.
    That’s fine - I chose to watch myself instead of anyone else knowing this could seem scummy. If I hadn’t been allowed to, I would have watched Zitto instead.

I personally think our best bet is to lynch one of the following people:
    -Lief (took no action)
    -Merlose (took no action)
    -Carakhan (protected Zitto)

The first two are self explanatory, but @Carakhan claiming protection means she could be the explanation for no kill N1. I figure if she flips town it confirms that possibility. If not, well, protector is a useful scum bluff because it can’t be easily confirmed (and Portius has done games without doctors before).

Daraius said:
  • My gut is strongly telling me Lief now, but I have nothing really more than a gut feeling. @Lief, could you claim your power for us, please? At this point I really don't see a reason not to.