Six Ages Mafia

Comments

• I completely understand why I'm on that list.

I imagined personally myself that scum would not be able to both use a power and attack N1, and that a scum would be more interested in killing than using a block - and without knowing who worshipped a female entity, I couldn't be quite sure about the best way to use my power. I think my power would have been much more useful had we not had a good D1 lynch. I could have tried protecting Zitto since he'd declared his intent to use a power, but I wasn't sure whether my one-shot would protect a genderfluid person (or whether a female priest-targeting power would successfully attach to a genderfluid person).

I could be wrong in my assessment; no night kill happened last night after all which means either a powerblock was (unsuccessfully) used (again, I think it's very probable the scum has a mirror to Ayisdra's skill given my power, so that's the assumption I'm running with), Carakhan protected Zitto and Zitto was targeted, or Carakhan protected herself and was targeted.

Am I missing other possibilities?
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Wait, Carakhan protecting herself makes no sense, I don't think. My bad.
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    There is the possibility a mafia used an ability instead of killing.

Risky move in the sense that you’re already behind with Ayisdra dead D1. High reward move in that it gives you a N1 alibi.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • To my mind, Lief's claim tentatively does absolve Sylandra, as if Lief is telling the truth it seems unlikely Sylandra would have self watcher and a cross gender block and a kill. And if Lief is lying, then Lief is guilty. 

I am making the assumption here that Lief's power would not exist (if it does exist) if it could only possibly counter Ayisdra. Which may not be warranted.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • Mysrai's power sounds pretty towny to me, has been essentially confirmed used, and while I suppose it's possible they waited for Sylandra and me to reveal our genders before revealing what they did, I think it's more likely they waited in order to see if one of us might lie (which, given our suspicion about the last scum being male, is important to verify).

All I know about Sylandra is they are male and claimed to watch Mysrai target them last night. By my thinking, this does make her likely town - I think she confirmed Mysrai targeted her before Mysrai said so (please correct me if I'm wrong). Because of my power, I'm willing to lean into this assumption. I guess I could be wrong, but I don't know why I'd have a power like this, Ayisdra would block one gender's powers, and someone wouldn't likewise be able to prevent the other gender's powers?

I understand why I'm on some people's suspect list, but I know what god I'm priest to, and he favors the Riders against the Rams.

I do think that Carakhan is likely town. It would be incredibly gutsy to soft counterclaim a lynch target's claim, though it would have incredible rewards if she'd been successful, especially since it seems like none of us have a power to challenge it. However, because the rewards would be huge, I'm not ready to definitively say they're town. Zitto was unaware of any protection happening; if Carakhan attempted to block his power and him being genderfluid protected him, that would be incredibly convenient that he saw nothing.

I'm not convinced by Zitto, either, as I mentioned above. It's a tough call to me because it's entirely possible he's telling the truth, but he's a shady guy claiming a shady power, and took our feelings into consideration and just tagged along with whatever Mysrai felt comfortable sharing.

Merlose is an obvious target for the same reasons as me, but I know I'm not scum, so there's that.
    ~
    ~
    Lief said:
    All I know about Sylandra is they are male and claimed to watch Mysrai target them last night. By my thinking, this does make her likely town - I think she confirmed Mysrai targeted her before Mysrai said so (please correct me if I'm wrong). Because of my power, I'm willing to lean into this assumption. I guess I could be wrong, but I don't know why I'd have a power like this, Ayisdra would block one gender's powers, and someone wouldn't likewise be able to prevent the other gender's powers?
    Correct - I claimed Mysrai targeted me the moment Zitto said they knew Mys's powers, and before Mys claimed to have targeted you and myself.

I can give you a little more about my role, if you like. I worship Zarlen, the god of wanderers, who is Male. Zarlen is the son of Emal and the Wheel Witch and is worshiped by nomadic Rider clans.

My watching ability as I mentioned is one-shot, and I chose to use it on myself. It has no gender specific stipulations.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm willing to share more about my own role if desired but I am curious, Lief, what is your power called? (Ayisdra's was Slayers of the Sun, and the Adventuress)
  • @Carakhan - Path Guardian. I undergo the ritual of Elmal, temporarily embodying him and gaining the ability to RALLY an ally per my explanation.
    ~
    ~
  • At this point I would definitely like to hear @Carakhan's actual role and precise power. I don't think @Mysrai has claimed their goddess yet, but I think it's not hard to figure out who the claim would be given the power itself. So I'm more interested in hearing Carakhan's claim.
  • Apologies, after double digit hour days at work and then getting into RP shenanigans, I almost forgot about the game ongoing! I have specifically been avoiding name-claiming my goddess on the off-chance someone might also attempt, but I suppose that's only really a valid tactic for larger group. I am a priestess of Nyalda, as you may have guessed, and my list of suspicion currently sits with Carakhan, Lief, and Merlose.

Cara's soft claim has no confirmation to go with it, and while I'd like to believe her, conveniences aren't really convenient.
    Lief is a newcomer, if I'm remembering correctly, so not using the power night one might have been an honest mistake.
    Merlose...I just can't shake that gut feeling, and I'm sure I could look back and find a reason, but apparently my gut can make good choices!

Specifically, the order of Lief > Merlose > Cara
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Hey, I'm a newcomer too! I've totally owned up to some of my newbie mistakes already. 
    We're in a pretty good position to make a mistake today, though. Even if we mislynch, I think we're narrowing in on the culprit - the odds are in town's favor right now.

If we're agreeing Lief is the most suspicious, then Vote Lief is fine to me. My list of suspicious people currently coincides with Mysrai's, though I'd be more inclined to vote Carakhan just to get some info on the protection aspect of N1.
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It is now DAY TWO. The day end on Monday, Nov 25th, at 3PM EST.
    With 6 Riders alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch!

VOTES
    Lief-1(Sylandra)
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I'm not going to vote for me.

I am game to vote for either Merlose or Carakhan myself. I would have been interested in seeing if Zitto used Mysrai's power, too, but I think we've all claimed our gender.

I think I'd actually be most game to vote Zitto if others were on board in checking him out. I'm uncertain why others have decided he has a strong probability of being town? I'm willing to remove my vote if someone can point me to the logic. My attention's been pretty scattered the past two days.
    ~
    ~
    I don't necessarily trust @Zitto, especially since his role throws a lot of gendered powers out of whack, but I do think claiming D1 the way he did was a pretty gutsy move for a mafia. Could have easily resulted in us all piling on him.

But I'm curious about why no one died N1, and I don't know if offing him is the best answer to that conundrum.
    Daraius said:

VOTES
    Lief-1(Sylandra)
    Zitto-1(Lief)
  • My gut feeling here is to agree that @Lief and @Merlose are the most suspicious at the moment, and am open to a plan to lynch one today and one tomorrow. Of the two, I find Lief  more suspicious. I am convinced that the Demon Sun means the remaining mafia has a nightly kill instead of an every-other-night, so I think @Carakhan is either engaged in the most brilliant bluff or else genuinely had a protection power. It has come up that I claimed to know Mysrai's power but never validated my claim.

I can prove it by providing essentially verbatim the description of the ability for Mysrai to confirm, but I think there is a little utility in keep the -exact details- under wraps until tomorrow when I have used it. It serves the double purpose of being a gender claim check and providing utility. Alternatively, I can ensure the utility aspect by using it on myself and anyone else since I count as both genders, but I think the claim check is a little more valuable.

As far as counting as both genders, my understanding it makes me vulnerable to most powers, not immune to them, as I will always count as the gender that makes the ability work.
  • I mean, if we're talking about things we can confirm -tomorrow- then I can confirm my power by using it tonight. Since I give someone another use of their power, it seems that naturally they would have to be informed of it. So, if I get a chance to show off my tablets, it will be self proving.

Lief's power is much harder to prove, especially since if we're going on the theory that our remaining foreigner is male and assuming that he like Ayisdra has an opposite gender powerblock, then, well, all of the female priests have claimed to use their power already.

However, my suspicion at this point is also weighted towards @Carakhan. I may have noticed something interesting going over her posts just now. I'd really like to see her role claim.
  • @Portius would a recharge power used on Zitto afford him a recharge of the stolen power or the ability to steal?

Zitto validating my power @Lief and going with my plan to let you or Sylandra catch yourself in a lie was enough to pile on some trust. He and I will both likely use our powers tonight, meaning if only one marriage is done tomorrow then he is a scum (or we unluckily picked the same target, but I think he can guess who I will choose), since he has to choose between aiding the town or offing us.
    I dont think Portius can answer these questions in the thread, but the player with a recharge ability can ask via forum message.
    Daraius said:
  • Oh! @Mysrai is your power not a one shot power then?
    ~
    ~
  • Oh no, it is just a special case circumstance where an invalid attempt to marry will not consume my charge. Once I successfully marry (or become blocked, jailed, etc while attempting) the charge is consumed.
  • Ooo, I understand now. Thank you!

You've made some good points about verifying Zitto tonight. I'm going to unvote him.

If Merlose uses their power tonight, I imagine something like that would have to give the target a message so they know their power has been refreshed. That is a potentially easy way to verify that, too.

But I still don't want to die, so I'm going to vote Carakhan to see if that sheds any light on N1 at all. If she's telling the truth, I think we have the potential to learn most from a lynch on her.
    ~
    ~
  • Mysrai said:
    @Portius would a recharge power used on Zitto afford him a recharge of the stolen power or the ability to steal?

Zitto validating my power @Lief and going with my plan to let you or Sylandra catch yourself in a lie was enough to pile on some trust. He and I will both likely use our powers tonight, meaning if only one marriage is done tomorrow then he is a scum (or we unluckily picked the same target, but I think he can guess who I will choose), since he has to choose between aiding the town or offing us.
    I haven't asked Portius, but I would put my money on it recharging my "natural" power and giving me another use of rob. That said, I don't know I'm the right person to recharge. Most powers are exhausted at this point so there's not a lot for me to replicate, though I suppose it would have some value as a claim-checker for people with powers that are gender-locked rather than one-shots. My preference would be to recharge the protection power.
    Not to be selfish here, but the watcher power can also be useful. By watching an individual, I can not only confirm who targeted them, but also corroborate stories when we return to the dayphase about who targeted whom.

And it's easier to prove the accuracy of those statements than it is to prove Carakhan protected someone, which the jury is still out on right now.
    Daraius said:
  • I worship Gamari. My power is that of the Gamari Horse Mother. As she taught people to ride and fight, keeping them safe, I can DEFEND once, protecting that person from night kills.

The following may be over reliant on fluff, but here goes:
    It makes sense, given the nature of the gendered powers we've seen so far, that we'd have a 50/50 split in gender. This matches the claims:
    Male: Zitto, Sylandra, Merlose, Lief
    Female: Zitto, Mysrai, myself, Ayisdra

As we have had one female scum, I'd expect the other scum to be male. From what I can gather from the wiki, it would make sense that the more patriarchal wheels would be male.

I will agree with Sylandra that the watcher power should be seriously considered for refreshing. Zitto's power has such a delay in its payoff that I don't think it should be a candidate, and Mysrai and Lief apparently still have their powers. I also think that Merlose should not necessarily broadcast who she intends to refresh.

While I agree that a lynch on me will reveal my role, and that town has the time to mislynch, I would prefer that we lynch the scum, and not me. So I am going to
    vote: Lief

As the last person to make a power claim, she would have had the easiest time coming up with an unclaimed power. Claiming to have done nothing on the night of a no-lynch, after everyone else has come forward with their actions, is even less verifiable than the protector. Lief's quickness to believe in a protector may indicate that she has good reason to believe a protector exists.
    I cannot comment on how powers work in the main thread. If you need clarification about your power, and only your own power, you can ask in a PM.

VOTES
    Lief-2(Sylandra, Carakhan)
    Carakhan-1(Lief)
  • I just want to defend my earlier assumptions a little! Carakhan softclaimed, no death happened, Carakhan said they defended Zitto which I took to be a verified claim. But it then came out that nobody received any messages about defending happening/a successful defense block happening, and I immediately reassessed.

I think I've been as straightforward as I can be in where my train of logic has taken me.

(Also, I can highly recommend Frozen II to people who like their Disney movies and am happy to spoil plot to confirm my whereabouts yesterday if needed! :D Mostly kidding but I could. )
    ~
    ~
  • I am leaning strongly towards a Lief lynch, but will leave it through the night before I vote so as to not allow any sudden clinches.
    I think it’s vote time, friends
    Daraius said: