QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I woke up and was like 'Wait....we're not losing?'

• To sum up the last few newbie channel tells

(N/A): Someone says, "Its word association day in newton."

The playa you love to hate
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If it's the kid I think you're thinking about, he keeps making alts in two-three orgs with the same name or combination of names :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    If it's the kid I think you're thinking about, he keeps making alts in two-three orgs with the same name or combination of names :/
    There was a monologue on newbie. Tried to take part in a discussion, but was completely ignored. Seemed very stream-of-thought kind of speech, too... like "I'm gonna do this, then that... and I'm gonna tell people this, then that"... no idea what happened or where it went. I know I felt a bit offended at a point, especially when the guy went and claimed that Halli/Gaudi are essentially the same, except for the element they focus on.... like what? Anyway... probably should've logged and posted the whole thing, heh.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Laughing in triumph, you clench your fists as the earth yields to your will. The ground splits open
    beneath Glevich, releasing foul smelling vapour and a blast of fetid heat. He hovers momentarily
    over the gaping earthen maw before being sucked screaming down into its darkness, his cries abruptly
    ending as the stinking chasm rumbles shut.
    You have slain Glevich.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    Your karma falls in response to your deeds.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Glevich, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.

Kaina takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on her chest.

Kaina takes a long drag off her pipe.

Kaina takes a drink from a moonstone vial.

Kaina eats a sparkleberry.

Kaina carefully wipes all the poisons off of an iron chain.

Glevich tells you, "You are fail."

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Wow... BURN.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Admins be harsh today. Daaaang.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2014
    Looking at this thread, and I notice this:

One of these things is not like the other.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ...shit

props to that admin/player for that
    The playa you love to hate
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Oneiroi said:

Arcanis said:
    Ardrak, Keeper of the Megalith says, "Maybe you  should spend less time in Krin's bathhouse  and
    more working for the city."

Looks like an illusion to Us! We'd never make Ardrak say something so pointedly cruel.
    Dramatics, silly. Know your skills!
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Perhaps you should lie down somewhere else.

^-- this line here made me fall off my chair laughing. Thank you whichever divine person (God, eph, etc!) that was doing the RP with me.

(for context: was trying to sleep for RP reasons; I could not stay asleep)
  • Just standing in the aetherplex reading scrolls and loitering when...

A beam of moonlight comes down from the sky and bathes you in light.
    Glevich dances down a moonbeam and alights gently on the ground.
    "Thanks!" Glevich says to you.
    Glevich Mastvin, The Jabbering Warlock says, "Made things easier and faster for me."

The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    (Griefervin): Akyaevin (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "The one in my pants, of course."
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I admit, I laughed.

Baelfyre has been burned to death by Queen Kelly McCloud.

(Magnagora): Elodres (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Nil is being attacked."

Baelfyre has been burned to death by Queen Kelly McCloud.

(Magnagora): Elodres (from the Tainted Plane of Nil) says, "It's Kelly."

Dinae has been obliterated by the divinus strength of Queen Kelly McCloud.

(Magnagora): Tremula (from the Nexus World of Magnagora) says, "Again? Sweet Nifilhema, I'll be
    right there."

(Magnagora): Baelfyre (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "How is that deathsong so quick, yeesh."

(Magnagora): Dinae (from the Tainted Plane of Nil) says, "It's not, she's just hitting you to death."

(Magnagora): Baelfyre (from the Earth Elemental Plane) says, "Oh."
    That reminds me that, in the notes for the Ascendant ritual, one part said, "Strike him until death."
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    (Market): You say, "Seeking the urgent attention of a tailor."

Eritheyl tells you, "I am no tailor, but I will gladly shower you with attention if your predicament should be what I think."

I think I missed an opportunity for diplomacy between Gaudiguch and Hallifax.
    Diplooomacy, riiiight...

:-?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Making me giggle so much.
    This is what I heard:
    *  says, "Targeting: Snykarin."

This is what I saw:

• Found this on ctells.

15) 2014/12/07 08:45:39 - Neshca: "We've some guests on the Nil plane."
    16) 2014/12/07 08:48:17 - Neshca: "They're assaulting one of the imps."

And he was never the same again.
  • Synkarin has been shown the facts by a Lirangsha scholar.

Never saw this deathsight before. I do enjoy the unique ones.
  • Everiine said:
    That reminds me that, in the notes for the Ascendant ritual, one part said, "Strike him until death."
    That was before I had to tone it down for the people who thought killing him as a part of the sacrifice was too violent. Some of the copies still had residual violent thoughts on them. :/
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah. It was all great, but when I read over the thing a few days ago my first comment was "Why doesn't our part have more blood?".