QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited December 2014

Enyalida said:
    Yeah. It was all great, but when I read over the thing a few days ago my first comment was "Why doesn't our part have more blood?".
    Yeah, well. Thank the people who still consider Serenwilde to be kitten fluff and unicorn poop riding on rainbows of neon. They made such a huge stink, I was very tempted to just have people disregard the whole OOCly month of writing I did, and make Avurekhos Ascendant via non-RP style. But, I'm glad everything turned out in the end. :)
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Arien said:

Enyalida said:
    Yeah. It was all great, but when I read over the thing a few days ago my first comment was "Why doesn't our part have more blood?".
    Yeah, well. Thank the people who still consider Serenwilde to be kitten fluff and unicorn poop riding on rainbows of neon. They made such a huge stink, I was very tempted to just have people disregard the whole OOCly month of writing I did, and make Avurekhos Ascendant via non-RP style. But, I'm glad everything turned out in the end. :)
    As a Nekotai I am terribly confused about how you can have rituals without blood. Screw the fluffyhuggers. Blood for the blood god! ... wait, wrong game.

Seriously though, if you're doing all the writing, unless people have compelling reasons for you not to do something, eff them? They can get their panties all twisted up but they are not doing the work here. Besides, you can be the 'good guy' forest (horrible generalization for lack of better words) but still have blood and killing because nature isn't all rainbows and fluffy bunnies. Death is very much a part of the cycle and needed for rebirth. Besides, everything is cooler with some mercilessness ;)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Personally, I think that addressing blood and 'blood magic' in Serenwilde makes a good counterpoint to BT and Glomdoring, who (to my memory) also have some 'blood rituals' on the books.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nature for the Nature God, Ice for the Ice Throne?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    Entrias tells you, "(( knew i loved you for some reason, lol ))"

:-O :x

Entrias tells you, "Ahem, mistell."

:-<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Hey, I sent him cake to make up for it :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited December 2014
    (Newbie): Seber says, "So is there a helpfile on breeding and how it works?"
  • Lavinya said:

Shaddus said:
    (Newbie): Seber says, "So is there a helpfile on breeding and how it works?"
    Someone should have given him directions to the aetherplex and told him to wait, he'd learn all he needed I'm sure.

Lusternia is so messed up after he asks about breeding we say HELP FAMILY
    The playa you love to hate
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    A new character named Eraggon was created.

Inb4 Murtaggh
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Leolamins said:
    And stop quoting Leolamins out of context!!
    @Leolamins
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    put marionette in megalith
    If you wish to suffocate an unformed wooden marionette then find another way to do it!
    02:43:58.16|100%h|99%m|100%e|10p|99%en|57%w Bexk-

(travel stuff)
    A sunken bathing chamber.
    Constructed of dark marble and sunken deep into the floor are several deep pools, each sectioned off by wooden screens. Each screen is decorated lavishly and painted in different colours to indicate the gender and rank the pool it shadows is intended for. Small depressions in the marble floor are fed by narrow channels in the walls, the thick fluid within each alight to provide the only illumination within the chamber itself whilst also emitting a thick scent full of dark notes. Eddies of frost swirl around the graceful form of a large snow phoenix with icy wings.
    02:44:14.28|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|100%en|57%w Bexk-

drown marionette
    That is not a valid command.
    02:44:16.35|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|100%en|57%w Bexk-

....I see what you did there, admins.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Tenderly, softly, and brilliantly, dawn breaks as if from the heavenly fields of Celestia itself, rays of effulgent light overtaking the firmament gradually, seeping like manna into perception. Wide-winged, graceful angels cry out in rapture at this glory, alighting from clouds and swooping in graceful circles as they sing in praise, in wonder, and in joy, their wings gilded by the morning rise of Brother Sun. Motes of essence play across pillowy banks of cream and pink and golden, opening intricate banners across the broad canvas of the sky in heralding and in rapturous welcome. Radiance and yellow text overcomes your perceptions as Eventru, the Crown of the Exalted descends amidst ivory silk, robed in in stately, searing energies from the Havens, returning at last to view.

Mysrai, the Thousand-Shrouded Ivory intones, "Pardon."

Mysrai, the Thousand-Shrouded Ivory intones, "We slipped."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Pejat - slope of the Northern Mountains
    Romaan - infested with bunnies
    Sandhya - before the Master Ravenwood Tree

I, uh. Oh.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Are they chocolate?
  • Gasp misdemeanor!
    The playa you love to hate
  • edited December 2014

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Pectus said:
    Oh.. Oh my :>
    ring223438: a lavish gold ring crowned with an arse        1   10000gp

You're a few pages late on the draw.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Pectus said:
    Oh.. Oh my :>
    ring223438: a lavish gold ring crowned with an arse        1   10000gp

You're a few pages late on the draw.
    Aw man..