QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2014
    Looking for the ink roller stuff in Gaudi, and I walk into Eltorinus' office.

---------- 5:3:65 -----------
    The office of the Provocateur of Revelry.
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. A sigil in the shape of a small,
    rectangular monolith is on the ground. Long gloves of delicate white silk lie here on the ground. An
    obsidian silk bra with cactus weed leaves lies discarded here. A pair of ivory socks is here. A pair
    of tawny, lace-capped stockings with ivory bows lies here. In danger of being soiled, a pair of
    silver high-heeled sandals has been left here. An incredibly gaudy pink hat rests on the ground here,
     its two pink swords at rest. A veil has been left upon the ground, heady scents of resin rising
    from it in a nearly intoxicating vapour. A frilly pink apron has been dropped here. Barely seeming
    to be enough fabric for a top, a halter shirt is laying here. A pile of filthy cloth lies on the
    ground here, barely distinguishable as a pair of boxers. A pair of incredibly thin, flame-hued silk
    gloves has been tossed on the ground here, gathering dust. Downy feathers envelop a bra that lies on
    the floor here. A thin gossamer veil rests here, creating a pool of crimson silk. Silvery sandals
    lie here, apparently forgotten. Beckoning with debaucherous intent, a pair of torturous black
    leather panties lies here. A pair of royal blue and ebony silk panties lies here. A pair of gold
    gloves lies here, abandoned. A grey silk bandeau shirt lies abandoned here. Barely more than a slip
    of silk, a pair of sultry ivory panties lies here. A pair of dark velvet slippers with devastatingly
    high heels lies here. Tucked into one another, a pair of white gloves has been left here. A pair of
    dark, fingerless gloves has been abandoned here. There are 2 flowing bellydancer's skirts of sand-
    hued silk here. A tiny red-gold loincloth lies here. Mimicking the colours of dawn, a lavish belt of
    scarves lies on the ground here. A pair of dainty silver slippers with crystal heels lies here. A
    multicoloured silk bra lies abandoned here. A wispy dancer's sari of copper coins and palest ivory
    silk lies here. A sinful bra of cobweb-thin, black lace lies in a tangle here. Looking like a silk
    present, a pair of pink panties with a large bow has been left here. A pair of simple plainly soiled
    penguin socks are here. Saffron silk and straps of black cloth compose the eccentric loincloth
    abandoned here. Small and decorated with amethyst, a purple dress lies here. No longer the centre of
    attention, a striped satin dress lies here. An azure dancer's sari lies here. A long ivory veil
    adorned with beaten-copper coins lies here. A diaphanous veil of shadowy silk lies here. A
    multicoloured silk bra lies abandoned here. Looking extremely touchable, a pair of gaudy pantaloon
    trousers lies here.You see a single exit leading southwest.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    That's Malarious' office

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited December 2014
    Iytha said:
    I disagree! Just because Feyranti started out as a Magnagoran house, doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. There's plenty of RP in them being Magnagoran traitors who defected to Glomdoring.
    Kelly said:
    Iytha said:
    I disagree! Just because Feyranti started out as a Magnagoran house, doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. There's plenty of RP in them being Magnagoran traitors who defected to Glomdoring.
    I would maybe agree, with the caveat that there was solid RP around it. But in reality, I'd probably guess it's more like an inactive family with a new (uncontested?) family head who just so happens to be a Glom native, moving his newly owned family over to his new home, which is entirely too easily done (e.g., when Naralis went crazy and sold out the Dekovens over to Mag).
    I would maybe agree with this, if there was more reasoning for it other than (basically this), 'They were mean to me, so I'm going to rip them from Magnagora.'

Pretty sure he was booted out of Mag in the past. He's most definitely not a Glom native.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If anybody ever makes Shevat a non-Halli family, I'mma maul the hell out of them.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Rykinia said:
    Iytha said:
    Kelly said:
    Iytha said:
    I would maybe agree, with the caveat that there was solid RP around it. But in reality, I'd probably guess it's more like an inactive family with a new (uncontested?) family head who just so happens to be a Glom native, moving his newly owned family over to his new home, which is entirely too easily done (e.g., when Naralis went crazy and sold out the Dekovens over to Mag).
    I would maybe agree with this, if there was more reasoning for it other than (basically this), 'They were mean to me, so I'm going to rip them from Magnagora.'

Pretty sure he was booted out of Mag in the past. He's most definitely not a Glom native.
    Add to it that they were mean to him for being a Fainite who left Magnagora to date an Elfen woman, and I'm sure the only reason he wasn't kicked out of the strongly Fainite family at the time was because it would have lost them Great House.

• Daraius said:
    If anybody ever makes Shevat a non-Halli family, I'mma maul the hell out of them.
    Although this doesn't help while you are the Head but I'm sure the offering of a few hundred credits could change someone's mind.
    Synkarin said:
    That's Malarious' office
    Oh yeah. Meh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I guess we're all forgetting how Feyranti was essentially burned out by Munsia and you all let it happen. :P

Frankly, it's not surprising that they'd defect to another org.

• edited December 2014

Getting off topic here.

Lullabied Requiem Tremula n'Lochli, the Tiniest Nightingale says to Snaikka i'Xiia, "So the minds of mongrels are well-suited to your awakening where the sentience of a Magnagoran is not, if I am correct in my understanding?"

Snaikka i'Xiia rolls her eyes in exasperation, shaken from her stupor by the words.

Snaikka i'Xiia says, "Is that what you do with mongrels? Bring them to me?"

Snaikka i'Xiia runs her hands against her face, frustration growing.

You say, "It's the brains of the animals."

You say, "Originally, you took all the brains of the animals and smooshed them together to make one  gigantic brain."

Shrilly, weaving in curses again, Snaikka i'Xiia exclaims, "There, someone knows! Why don't the rest of you go take a night class at the Collegium before you come bother me!"

Ventidius:

• You say, "I guess that would make a difference, interesting smell in the forest."

Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "It stinks."

Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "Which one of you was it, anyway?"

Yes I laughed! Thank you for the fart reference, and for talking to me over ignoring.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ventidius said:

Getting off topic here.

Lullabied Requiem Tremula n'Lochli, the Tiniest Nightingale says to Snaikka i'Xiia, "So the minds of mongrels are well-suited to your awakening where the sentience of a Magnagoran is not, if I am correct in my understanding?"

Snaikka i'Xiia rolls her eyes in exasperation, shaken from her stupor by the words.

Snaikka i'Xiia says, "Is that what you do with mongrels? Bring them to me?"

Snaikka i'Xiia runs her hands against her face, frustration growing.

You say, "It's the brains of the animals."

You say, "Originally, you took all the brains of the animals and smooshed them together to make one  gigantic brain."

Shrilly, weaving in curses again, Snaikka i'Xiia exclaims, "There, someone knows! Why don't the rest of you go take a night class at the Collegium before you come bother me!"

Ventidius:

You left out the part where she called me an empty-headed Artist! D::::<
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Isluna said:
    You say, "I guess that would make a difference, interesting smell in the forest."

Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "It stinks."

Abeytu, Keeper of the Gardens says, "Which one of you was it, anyway?"

Yes I laughed! Thank you for the fart reference, and for talking to me over ignoring.
    That is so like Abeytu...

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A rotting worm feasts on the corpse of $PLAYER.

Nooo, not $PLAYER!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Oe set kill_message A rotting worm feasts on the corpse of Alary.

:O
  • Drocilla said:
    I have a giagantic worm here with your name on it, Xenthos.   :-*
    Your forum posts also have typos.

Please don't hurt me.
    Pwnt
  • That's how big it is, had to coin a new term for it.  :-O
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've been surprisingly glum most of the night, but noticing this typo (already reported) did cheer me up a bit.

Freeing his hands, a champion of war raises them dramatically to summon coruscating blasts of azure 
    lightning, which career erratically from his palms in wide chaotic forks, searing your skin and 
    knocking you backwards.
  • Drocilla said:
    That's how big it is, had to coin a new term for it.  :-O
    So that's why Shikari's left. Being chased by a women with a 'worm' so big she has to make up a word to describe its size.

• So... I think I have a stalker...
    *Sitting in my manse, talking to a friend...*

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
    Laughing deeply, Ironbeard the Magnanimous proclaims, "Merry Solstice, Feriae!"
    3864h, 4482m, 3990e, 100%w, 10p, 54.08%, ( ex) (19:29:17:179)

And then I afk after she leaves shortly after...

Come back and...
    ql
    A concealed grove of twisted briars.
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Almost as wide as he is tall, Ironbeard beams broadly at passersby.
    You see exits leading down and out (open door).
    3864h, 4482m, 3990e, 100%w, 10p, 54.08%, ( ex) (19:44:29:102)

Give me presents, as well. Or GO AWAY!  >:P
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    You play a harsh chord on a violin of serrated bones and tendons and direct the notes towards the Doughboy Monstrosity.
    The Doughboy Monstrosity's skin writhes as if worms are crawling beneath the surface.
    The music here inspires you to greater heights.
    The Doughboy Monstrosity's skin cracks as black hissing tendrils burst forth, instantly killing him.
    You have slain the Doughboy Monstrosity.
    A king's ransom of golden sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    Your avarice compels you to reach down and hoard 18,744 gold for yourself.
    You suddenly scoop up the corpse of the Doughboy Monstrosity.
    01:54:53.50|100%h|103%m|98%e|10p|99%en|62%w mxk-
    (-76e) (+14329 essence)

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    So Iosen dies to the cloier, and I run to grab his corpse. I run back a ways, and start to teleport. Hilarity ensues.

Amidst a sea of algae.
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water.
    You see exits leading northeast and up.
    6961h, 3875m, 6211e, 10p, 28664en, 23170w Bexk-sw
    There is no exit in that direction.
    6961h, 3875m, 6211e, 10p, 28664en, 23170w Bexk-sw
    There is no exit in that direction.
    6961h, 3875m, 6211e, 10p, 28664en, 23170w Bexk-teleport nexus
    You tug upon the aether strands around you, searching for one that connects to the Eternal Flame.

Refrain Off! Paused!
    6961h, 3875m, 6211e, 10p, 28664en, 23170w Bxk-
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    6961h, 3875m, 6211e, 10p, 28674en, 23170w Bexk-
    Wild aetheric gasses cause the air to tremble and shake as a gaseous cloier floats in from the
    northeast.
    6961h, 3875m, 6211e, 10p, 28694en, 23170w Bexk-
    A gaseous cloier lashes out at you with a well-placed attack.
    One of your reflections has been destroyed! You have 0 left.
    6961h, 3950m, 6211e, 10p, 28704en, 23170w Bexk-
    Wild aetheric gasses cause the air to tremble and shake as a gaseous cloier floats out to the
    northeast.
    6961h, 3875m, 6211e, 10p, 28704en, 23170w Bexk-

You teleport along the aether strands to the Eternal Flame.
  • Technically (and this is from recent qualifications I read concerning great historical houses), a great historical house is excepted to play up to a certain standard of RP and storyline that is associated with that House. To become a historical house, you gain both the name as well as chains tying you down to certain requirements. Gotta accept the good with the bad. For this reason, I highly doubt Feyranti would even be allowed to do this change if it was followed through...unless some large in-game admin-controlled event took place for it...but still doubt.
  • A sensuous fiend exclaims, "Your corpse will make the perfect plaything, enemy!"

This disturbs me so incredibly much 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Maligorn said:
    I guess we're all forgetting how Feyranti was essentially burned out by Munsia and you all let it happen. :P

Frankly, it's not surprising that they'd defect to another org.
    I'm late to the party, but is this a real opinion that people think is true? I don't know where this opinion can come from, but it's certainly not helpful or kind to anyone involved.

The active Feyranti left because they lost an election. In fact, it has happened three different times now.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2014
    Sorry -- I talk out of my ass a lot, but on the few times when I'd dick around on my Mag alt around the time Feyranti was active and betraying D'Cente and all that jazz, Munsia was actively making the players'/characters' lives very difficult to be enjoyable in Magnagora.

I never said they didn't deserve it, just that it happened. And to pretend that it didn't is pretty lolworthy.

More to the point:

Shevat has two branches, some that come from the Mesa Compound, and some that lived in Clarramore. Feyranti can have a perfectly IC schism too, I would think. The Feyranti estate in the Eastern Mountains would still be Mag, but the Feyranti family could be sold over to Glomdoring if indeed the family head remains uncontested as it is.

• You tell Sigira Rheatsis, "//you better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, i am telling 
    you why, Ironbeard is coming to the 'wilde."

Rheatsis tells you, "(( He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he'll pop in 
    on your mudsex so be good for goodness sakes."
  • Kazel said:
    Rheatsis tells you, "(( He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he'll pop in 
    on your mudsex so be good for goodness sakes."
    I never thought about that before, but now I am seriously worried this will happen to me. God, what a mood killer that would be. The thing is, Ironbeard would then stand there and watch.