QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Vivet said:
    So I'm just chillin', waiting for more swans to appear, when all of a sudden...

Proprietary Supplies and Sundries.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. One wall of this room is entirely covered with open-frame crystal 
    shelves, and each shelf is laden with tightly packed bins filled with precious metals and other 
    small commodities. Each bin is neatly engraved with the name of the commodity it contains, and the 
    bins are made of transparent crystal in order to easily assess the quantity of commodity remaining. 
    Another wall is taken up with refrigerated transparent crystal canisters holding food items, each 
    also engraved. The remaining wall space is packed with engraved, transparent drums filled with 
    larger items. Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory floats here, surrounded by twisting manifestations of half-
    realised paradigms. She wields a rose cup cake in each hand. You see a sign here instructing you 
    that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see a single exit leading up (open door).

(Wait, what are you doing here?)

You blur and slip through time as Mysrai approaches you.

(Erm)

You tilt your head curiously.

You are startled as a rose cup cake bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.

Mysrai giggles happily.

A flurry of ivory blossoms comes loose from Mysrai's hair, swirling about Her playfully, one chasing 
    another and another.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

The Goddess fades away into a shadow, then a dream, then nothing at all.

During the Winter Solstice, the Lord and Lady Mysrai took pity on my pale skin and felt I needed a bit of Sun.
  • (Serenwilde): You say, "Adasser is secretly working for Jolly as a part time gnome, I hear."

(Serenwilde): Adasser, an elfen guard says, "Mmhm! It is a grand ol' conspiracy: Jolly, myself, the 
    pigwidgeons."

(Serenwilde): You say, "I knew it!"

(Serenwilde): Adasser, an elfen guard says, "Oh Nil! I wasn't supposed to say!"

Adorable 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:
    Wait, why do you need alts for that?
    Because nobody wants it known that their main sleeps with a Shaddus-alt.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a smile about himself as he arrives.
    With a crooked grin, Ironbeard the Magnanimous gushes, "Because it's a special time. A special celebration, Digee!"
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous just gave you a glistening silver present!

With a sudden look of concentration, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smiles a crooked smile, rubs his ample stomach, and fades to nothingness, followed by the sound of a distant belch.

ii present
    You are wielding:
       lute60767 : a wooden lute in your left hand.
    You are holding:
    "present108836"                         a glistening silver present
    You are wearing:
    Number of matching objects: 1 (out of 67 total)
    unwrap present108836

You quickly unwrap a glistening silver present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pull a king's ransom of golden sovereigns from within.
    You've unwrapped a STANDARD present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

=((
    2014/12/25 21:03:16 - Person bought 50 of constitution (a steaming platter of bar snacks) for 5000
    gold.
    2014/12/25 21:03:17 - Person bought 40 of constitution (a steaming platter of bar snacks) for 4000
    gold.

Well, someone's hungry :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2014
    Shaddus said:
    2014/12/25 21:03:16 - Person bought 50 of constitution (a steaming platter of bar snacks) for 5000
    gold.
    2014/12/25 21:03:17 - Person bought 40 of constitution (a steaming platter of bar snacks) for 4000
    gold.

Well, someone's hungry :(

YOU SAID YOU NEEDED HELP GETTING THEM GONE! D:

Merry Christmas sir

• Looking at a plush doll of Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, Lehki laughs joyously.
    A plush doll of Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart pecks Lehki on the cheek and floats up to hover before him, smiling brightly.

With a wistful look on his face, Vhula touches the Moonhart Mother Tree.

A plush doll of Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "How fares the Mother Moonhart? It's never "how fares Miakoda," no, they're always asking about Mother..."
    A plush doll of Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart crosses its arms and sulks wildly.

You pick up a nut from a moonhart tree.

(Serenwilde): You say, "I have a nut from a moonhart tree if anyone would like it?"

Lehki hugs Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart compassionately.
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart flashes Lehki a joyous smile.
    A simple house maid sticks out a long tongue and licks your tongue.

Well hellooooo, beautiful!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited December 2014
    Morgfyre tells you, "Do you want your grandmother?"
    D: KIDNAPPER

An igasho hunter tells you, "My darling! Do you remember a drunk on a trunk?"
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited December 2014
    ***********************[ THE FREE FOREST OF GLOMDORING ]***********************
    Commune Member         Rank                     Position                    CT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rykinia     blacktalon Ravenwood Custodian                                  On
    Septim       ebonguard Guardian of the Dark For Shadow Court                On
    Septum     blacktalon Shade                                                   On
    *******************************************************************************
    2 blacktalon and 1 ebonguard present, of those 0 are demigods/ascendants.
    Currently, there are 3 Commune Members on this Plane and 3 on other Planes.
    3864h, 4482m, 3990e, 100%w, 10p, 54.08%, (k ex)

:-?
  • edited December 2014

Asked Subotai who The Man is

18) Subotai: "You know who The Man is. It's the government. It's them, it's they. The people behind the scenes."

You tell Grand Monger Subotai Ysav'rai, Deacon of Decadence, "You are your government."

19) Subotai: "...shit."
    20) Subotai: "I am, aren't I."

The playa you love to hate
  • Vivet, I love you.
    The playa you love to hate
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tremula said:
    The lone breeder and Grand Cenobite stare at each other with undisguised hatred before engaging in a horrific mating ritual beyond description, culminating in the breeder brutally dismembering the Cenobite.

S-sexy?
    Well... you know about praying mantes? :P

At least she didn't eat him.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Tremula said:
    The lone breeder and Grand Cenobite stare at each other with undisguised hatred before engaging in a horrific mating ritual beyond description, culminating in the breeder brutally dismembering the Cenobite.

S-sexy?
    Well... you know about praying mantes? :P

At least she didn't eat him.

Doubt she had room. Swallowed half the UV just to get in the mood.
  • Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter (Male Vernal Ascendant).
    He is an Avatar of Lisaera, the Silver Goddess.
    He is the Heir of Glinshari in the Hartstone.

(clan) Avurekhos (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Its kind of a weird feeling when I kill a Fae infront of Ixion. >_>."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Kregarn and I, standing in Serenwilde, talking about a troublesome person of a low guild rank in a Serenwilde Guild when all of the sudden...

~~~

A wet bag of sand slowly tumbles in from the north.

You say, "Physically, ideologically, et...."

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "Exactly."

"totem28146"                            a living totem
    "sapling156967"                         a birch sapling
    "haelyos171850"                         a winged unicorn of moonfire and starlit 
    mist
    "eagle84427"                            a huge vicious eagle with eyes of light 
    blue
    "bag26066"                              a bag of sand
    Number of objects: 5

Kregarn suddenly scoops up a bag of sand.

You stare implacably about yourself.

Circular clearing.
    A shield shrine of Auseklis is nearby. Reaching up as high as the eye can see 
    looms the awesome presence of a living totem. A birch sapling clings tenaciously 
    to the ground here. Shrouded by an aura of mist and modulating stars, a winged 
    unicorn stands here with a serene countenance. Perched nearby, a huge vicious 
    eagle searches her surroundings with eyes of light blue. Quartermaster Kregarn 
    Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub is here, shrouded. He wields a simple glaive of wood 
    and iron with both hands.
    You see exits leading north, south, and west.

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "Which is what I'm try..."

Sheltered hollow.
    looms the awesome presence of a living totem. A hornbeam sapling clings 
    tenaciously to the ground here.
    You see exits leading south and northwest.

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "The Nil?"

You say, "What.. the..."

You ask, "Can I see it?"

Kregarn gives a bag of sand to you.

Sturdy, aged leather wraps around damp sand, holding in enough weight to drown a 
    small child. The bag is held closed by a tightly knotted rope, which trails for 
    several feet away from the closure.
    It weighs about 15 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: bag, bags, sand.

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "I've never seen sand in 
    a bag before..."

You say, "I've never.. erm... seen a sand bag be so... uh... specific... for its 
    weighted equivalent..."

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "I noticed the same..."

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "Awkward."
    Selenity said:
    Kregarn and I, standing in Serenwilde, talking about a troublesome person of a low guild rank in a Serenwilde Guild when all of the sudden...

~~~

A wet bag of sand slowly tumbles in from the north.

You say, "Physically, ideologically, et...."

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "Exactly."

"totem28146"                            a living totem
    "sapling156967"                         a birch sapling
    "haelyos171850"                         a winged unicorn of moonfire and starlit 
    mist
    "eagle84427"                            a huge vicious eagle with eyes of light 
    blue
    "bag26066"                              a bag of sand
    Number of objects: 5

Kregarn suddenly scoops up a bag of sand.

You stare implacably about yourself.

Circular clearing.
    looms the awesome presence of a living totem. A birch sapling clings tenaciously 
    to the ground here. Shrouded by an aura of mist and modulating stars, a winged 
    unicorn stands here with a serene countenance. Perched nearby, a huge vicious 
    eagle searches her surroundings with eyes of light blue. Quartermaster Kregarn 
    Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub is here, shrouded. He wields a simple glaive of wood 
    and iron with both hands.
    You see exits leading north, south, and west.

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "Which is what I'm try..."

Sheltered hollow.
    looms the awesome presence of a living totem. A hornbeam sapling clings 
    tenaciously to the ground here.
    You see exits leading south and northwest.

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "The Nil?"

You say, "What.. the..."

You ask, "Can I see it?"

Kregarn gives a bag of sand to you.

Sturdy, aged leather wraps around damp sand, holding in enough weight to drown a 
    small child. The bag is held closed by a tightly knotted rope, which trails for 
    several feet away from the closure.
    It weighs about 15 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: bag, bags, sand.

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "I've never seen sand in 
    a bag before..."

You say, "I've never.. erm... seen a sand bag be so... uh... specific... for its 
    weighted equivalent..."

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "I noticed the same..."

Quartermaster Kregarn Silvershield, Jaguar's Cub says, "Awkward."
    That child isn't gonna drown itself!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    That may have been my fault...I scooped the sandbag up out of the ocean, and then logged out in the forest, forgetting I had picked it up...

Qistrel said:
    That may have been my fault...I scooped the sandbag up out of the ocean, and then logged out in the forest, forgetting I had picked it up...
    Ah, it's the sand bag to fix up the hot air balloon.

There was a fish in a dish in Celest which was probably a weirder thing... especially considering it was moving around, but I didn't manage to grab a desc. :(

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's their solstice quest thing. The fish in a dish make zero sense to me (though I haven't play in Celest for ages, so I'm probably missing something). At least the pig on a twig is actually a pigwidgeon, and was set up between the pigs and Adasser, so makes some sort of sense.

• Kazel said:
    You tell Sigira Rheatsis, "//you better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, i am telling 
    you why, Ironbeard is coming to the 'wilde."

Rheatsis tells you, "(( He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he'll pop in 
    on your mudsex so be good for goodness sakes."
    This has actually happened. When my IG sister Mireneye got married, they were apparently the last on Ironbeard's delivery list. He was waiting in their very wedding chamber (in a manse) for over an hour.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Riluna said:
    Kazel said:
    You tell Sigira Rheatsis, "//you better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, i am telling 
    you why, Ironbeard is coming to the 'wilde."

Rheatsis tells you, "(( He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he'll pop in 
    on your mudsex so be good for goodness sakes."
    This has actually happened. When my IG sister Mireneye got married, they were apparently the last on Ironbeard's delivery list. He was waiting in their very wedding chamber (in a manse) for over an hour.
    Had to make sure they were doing it right.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    A translucent jade hydra with coruscant wings of dark violet flame opens a gash in a monstrous lobstrosity's arm with a skillful blow.
    19:43:09.91|100%h|103%m|100%e|10p|100%en|100%w mBexk-
    (-1m)

You will now be known as Lullabied Requiem Tremula n'Lochli, Lady of Booty Bumps, by order of Conductor Pectus n'Lochli.
    19:43:09.94|100%h|103%m|100%e|10p|100%en|100%w mBexk-

Thesia Cylys, the white tiger wounds a monstrous lobstrosity with a glancing cut.
    19:43:10.15|100%h|103%m|100%e|10p|100%en|100%w mBexk-

YOU THOUGHT I'D MISS THIS IN THE ASTRAL SPAM, DIDN'T YOU?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    A carriage pulled by two dashros arrives here from the south.

A carriage pulled by two dashros continues on to the northeast.

A carriage pulled by two dashros arrives here from the northeast.

A carriage pulled by two dashros continues on to the west.

Hitting the spice a bit too hard there, Sako?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Nyxx tells you, "Have you seen your grandfather?"

PROBABLY KIDNAPPED LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER D:

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    A frisky puppy cuddles up to you where the sun don't shine.

:|