QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Ventidius said:
    Kazel said:
    Rheatsis tells you, "(( He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he'll pop in 
    on your mudsex so be good for goodness sakes."
    I never thought about that before, but now I am seriously worried this will happen to me. God, what a mood killer that would be. The thing is, Ironbeard would then stand there and watch.
    Maybe a god would posses him and join in? 
  • I... I don't even.

What?
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • You WISH a marvelous clangoru like that would care about your romps. Ironbeard would need a full 20 players, the population of Rockholm and Southgard combined, and Estarra's left sock to be happy.
  • Kurut said:
    What?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    This conversation just kinda needs to...
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    A deluxe burger has decayed to dust in your absence.

oh noooooo
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I have been working on statues for the past 4 hours. -_-
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • You yell, "Let's see how easy you steal without arms twerp."

A filthy gang urchin yells, "Yeah, we'll see, ironboy."
  • Gossamer winds whip around you suddenly as the voice of Lisaera, the Silver Goddess reverberates, "Tremula n'Lochli, tainted whelp of the corrupted city, you heard My warning. Now you will look upon the world as I see you - a rotting, squirming maggot whose arrogance has cost her dearly."

You shout, "Even as a maggot she'd still be better looking than you!"

Deafening thunder booms overhead as a searing flash of moonfire speeds across the heavens like a bolt of pale lightning.

Cold moonfire erupts around you in a blazing corona of pale light. The flames roar high and wide, filling your mouth and clawing at your throat, but you feel no pain. The overwhelming sensation of an ancient presence weighing the integrity of your soul endows you with a brief moment of clarity just as a deafening peal of thunder echoes across the heavens. Barely a heartbeat passes before a bolt of silver lightning sears into your flesh, causing the moonfire to consume you entirely. Before your consciousness fades, you see the grey smoke of your remains coiling into the sky and form the outline of the Silver Goddess, Who looks upon you with wrath in Her eyes.

You have been slain by Lisaera.

Totally worth it.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Waves of heat wash over the Basin, reminiscent of a freshly opened oven at 
    Solstice. Spices innumerable dance over your senses, their pungent fragrance 
    tickling your taste buds. Visions of copious confections accompany the 
    delectable scent, piping hot pies, crumbly cakes stacked five layers high, and 
    perfect pastries filled with an assortment of jams and jellies filling your mind.
    A bead of drool falls down your chin, and as you go to wipe it, you sense the 
    glorious presence of Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights descend upon the Basin 
    once more, a rumbling hunger filling your gut as His return deprives you of the 
    sensational treats that taunt and tease you.

... hello @Crumkane. I see you have decided my screen needed a red wall of text. I hope someone comes and outdoes you.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Selenity said:
    Waves of heat wash over the Basin, reminiscent of a freshly opened oven at 
    Solstice. Spices innumerable dance over your senses, their pungent fragrance 
    tickling your taste buds. Visions of copious confections accompany the 
    delectable scent, piping hot pies, crumbly cakes stacked five layers high, and 
    perfect pastries filled with an assortment of jams and jellies filling your mind.
    A bead of drool falls down your chin, and as you go to wipe it, you sense the 
    glorious presence of Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights descend upon the Basin 
    once more, a rumbling hunger filling your gut as His return deprives you of the 
    sensational treats that taunt and tease you.

... hello @Crumkane. I see you have decided my screen needed a red wall of text. I hope someone comes and outdoes you.

(Black Lullaby): Tremula says, "Well, Eventru came back as Crumkane."

I was totally thinking the same thing, haha.

Vivet said:
    So I'm just chillin', waiting for more swans to appear, when all of a sudden...

Proprietary Supplies and Sundries.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. One wall of this room is entirely covered with open-frame crystal 
    shelves, and each shelf is laden with tightly packed bins filled with precious metals and other 
    small commodities. Each bin is neatly engraved with the name of the commodity it contains, and the 
    bins are made of transparent crystal in order to easily assess the quantity of commodity remaining. 
    Another wall is taken up with refrigerated transparent crystal canisters holding food items, each 
    also engraved. The remaining wall space is packed with engraved, transparent drums filled with 
    larger items. Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory floats here, surrounded by twisting manifestations of half-
    realised paradigms. She wields a rose cup cake in each hand. You see a sign here instructing you 
    that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see a single exit leading up (open door).

(Wait, what are you doing here?)

You blur and slip through time as Mysrai approaches you.

(Erm)

You tilt your head curiously.

You are startled as a rose cup cake bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.

Mysrai giggles happily.

A flurry of ivory blossoms comes loose from Mysrai's hair, swirling about Her playfully, one chasing 
    another and another.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

The Goddess fades away into a shadow, then a dream, then nothing at all.

She just did this to me and @Kaiel too!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    (After eating about seventy zillion cupcakes in her fulcrux)

The jaw of the Goddess unhinges, and laughter, childish and echoing, booms painfully from the walls
    as something undescribable and filled with frosting happens to a massive armful of cupcakes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • While watching the High Stakes Vengeance game in Celest:

You say, "Why didn't the vigilante kill anyone?"

Glevich Mastvin, The Jabbering Warlock says, "It's one of the quiet ones.. Nelash, Ulien, and then either Elyothine or Gunle."

You say, "He knows who the investigator is. 50/50 shot of picking the right target."

Andala nods her head emphatically.

You hear from within the Vengeance game:
    Lady Tamthys the Sculptress says, "There are six left. I have named three innocent. There's still Gunle, Elyothine, and Nelash to be considered."

Mysrai throws a vanilla flavoured cup cake with a sugar-spun moth at Enyalida.

You say, "Pick one of the quiet two at random."

Your masochistic tendencies go into remission.
    You are startled as a vanilla flavoured cup cake with a sugar-spun moth bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.

Within the Pool of Celestial Bodies.
    Salt water mist hangs in the air, drifting away from a healing shrine of Carakhan nearby. A majestic, white stag with alabaster wings wanders about here, his head held regally. Marked by a band of white feathers, a young eagle awaits its prey here. There are 2 vanilla flavoured cup cakes with a sugar-spun moth here. Silly Lady Andala McCloud is here. She wields an angelic roseblade rapier in each hand. Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory floats here, surrounded by twisting manifestations of half-realised paradigms.
    You see exits leading south and northwest.

Mysrai giggles happily.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

A leprechaun bends over and picks up a vanilla flavoured cup cake with a sugar-spun moth.

Andala blinks.

Glevich suddenly scoops up a vanilla flavoured cup cake with a sugar-spun moth.

You say, "A moth."

A flurry of ivory blossoms comes loose from Mysrai's hair, swirling about Her playfully, one chasing another and another.

You say, "What."

"stag60914"                             a majestic, white stag with alabaster wings
    "eagle206797"                           a young eagle
    Number of objects: 2

The Goddess fades away into a shadow, then a dream, then nothing at all.

Andala blinks.

• Mysrai tore through the ENTIRE GAME with cupcakes I think..
    Mysrai said:
    Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the MUD...

(with apologies to @crumkane. <3<3<3)
    Not an NPC was stirring or shedding any blood.
  • Marcella said:
    Mysrai tore through the ENTIRE GAME with cupcakes I think..
    I clearly didn't get cupcakes. I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse.
  • edited December 2014
    Ventidius said:
    Kazel said:
    Rheatsis tells you, "(( He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he'll pop in 
    I never thought about that before, but now I am seriously worried this will happen to me. God, what a mood killer that would be. The thing is, Ironbeard would then stand there and watch.
    Tsk Tsk, you never admit in public to having a mudsex alt, even if everyone knows you're doing it. NEVER. :P
    is dead like the dodo
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Xeria said:
    Ventidius said:
    Kazel said:
    Tsk Tsk, you never admit in public to having a mudsex alt, even if everyone knows you're doing it. NEVER. :P
    Mudsex alts are so 2010. Plus... who cares? Either you're interested and wanted to know who it is... or you're not interested so it shouldn't affect you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Elanorwen said:
    Xeria said:
    Ventidius said:
    Kazel said:
    Mudsex alts are so 2010. Plus... who cares? Either you're interested and wanted to know who it is... or you're not interested so it shouldn't affect you.

Psh, who needs a mudsex alt to mudsex. Just be big and bad enough to beat the living crap out of anyone who shit talks you for it..
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Wait, why do you need alts for that?

• edited December 2014
    Wrong thread! Sorry!