QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yacsee said:

Hey, it worked! I finally found one. :)

And he didn't even want a lapdance. :D Ever seen a dracnari in fullplate with helm, wielding a klangaxe doing a lapdance? Yep. It would have been awkwardhilarious and musical.

Fixed that.
  • Gabriella said:

(Market): Yacsee says, "Doing a lapdance for the next elemental enchanter contacting me!"

Uuuuum.....
    This is Gaudiguch, you must be new here. :p
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Luce said:

Yacsee said:

And he didn't even want a lapdance. :D Ever seen a dracnari in fullplate with helm, wielding a klangaxe doing a lapdance? Yep. It would have been awkwardhilarious and musical.

Fixed that.
    Would make for a great bard battlesong. :D

(If only I was any good at writing lyrics...)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Yacsee said:

Gabriella said:

(Market): Yacsee says, "Doing a lapdance for the next elemental enchanter contacting me!"

Uuuuum.....

And he didn't even want a lapdance. :D Ever seen a dracnari in fullplate with helm, wielding a klangaxe doing a lapdance? Yep. It would have been awkward.
    If anything, that ad made me not want to contact you. I might have snuck some enchanting in otherwise. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

16:11:29 Asani slips into a grotesque necklace of desiccated eyeballs.

16:11:29 -

16:11:39 The shadow of Illidaen suddenly grows longer.

16:11:39 The curled corpse of a spider falls to the ground from the branches of the Master Ravenwood Tree.

16:11:39 -

16:11:58 You tell Air Neophyte Glinvan, "Ask portius?"

16:11:58 -

16:12:11 You tell Asani Myeras, of the Blackthorn, "Woot."

16:12:11 -

16:12:27 You tell Asani Myeras, of the Blackthorn, "Where did you get that lovely necklace!"

16:12:27 -

16:12:34 You tell Asani Myeras, of the Blackthorn, "And when?"

16:12:34 -

16:13:32  

16:13:32 Asani tells you, "Like it?"

16:13:32 -

16:13:37 Asani removes a grotesque necklace of desiccated eyeballs.

16:13:37 -

16:13:42 You tell Asani Myeras, of the Blackthorn, "Yes."

16:13:42 -

16:13:44 Asani gives a grotesque necklace of desiccated eyeballs to you.

16:13:44 -

16:13:52 You slip into a grotesque necklace of desiccated eyeballs.

16:13:52 -

16:14:01  

16:14:01 Asani tells you, "It's my private design, keep it."

16:14:01 -

16:14:14 You tell Asani Myeras, of the Blackthorn, "I will treasure it."

16:14:14 -

16:14:20 Strung on a rusted iron mesh are a half-dozen eyeballs of all shapes and

16:14:20 sizes. While desiccated, the stench of rotting flesh still wafts from

16:14:20 these encrusted orbs, and the crimson smears which streak across them

16:14:20 flake off on occasion. No two eyeballs are alike in this macabre trophy,

16:14:20 some bigger than others but equally blind.

16:14:20 It has 145 months of usefulness left.

16:14:20 It weighs 8 ounce(s).

16:14:20 It bears the distinctive mark of Asani Myeras, of the Blackthorn.

16:14:20 It has been stamped with the seal of Grotesque Gems.

16:14:20 It has the following aliases: necklace.

16:14:20 -

16:14:21 Asani grins mischievously at you.*

HAhaha!
    I got a necklace of eyeballs bitches!

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Elanorwen said:

Yacsee said:

Gabriella said:

Uuuuum.....

And he didn't even want a lapdance. :D Ever seen a dracnari in fullplate with helm, wielding a klangaxe doing a lapdance? Yep. It would have been awkward.
    If anything, that ad made me not want to contact you. I might have snuck some enchanting in otherwise. :P
    That's fine! :)

I don't know how other people do it, but I build a character while playing them. Every interaction they have, every decision they take defines for me more and more what they would do, how far they would go and where they'd draw the line.

The idea for Yacsee is still a very basic one. I'm still defining who she actually is, so every reaction to something she does or says helps me, including refusals. :)

/derail (sorry!)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I purchased a gently used eagle from (data redacted) and figured I'd toy with it. One zimoru was all it took.

6080h, 4800m, 6600e, 10p, 27900en, 21900w Bex-chemset oats fish fruit confirm
    You fiddle with the dials on a beastmaster chemistry set, hoping to find the perfect nutrient
    combination for your beast. Finally satisfied, you push a small button causing a puff of steam as
    chemicals combine and the machine whirrs to life. Soon, it spits out a small wafer, which you feed
    to a great eagle with eyes of light blue.
    6080h, 4800m, 6600e, 10p, 27900en, 21900w Bex-beast administer zimoru confirm
    You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to your a great eagle with eyes of light blue. A golden glow
    surrounds him which shimmers and you watch in amazement as he transforms into a giant white eagle
    with soulful eyes of liquid gold.

Yeah, I'll take that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2015
    ... a gently used eagle?

(mind -> gutter >_< )

EDIT: Though with those "soulful eyes", perhaps you can get people to stare at him and not notice while you keel them? ;)
  • looking through my shop seeing what I can clean up and reprice and something catches my eye in that 500 item spam..

You continue reading:
    "scroll136718"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "ring136973"                            a midnight black rose wedding band
    "worm (dead)137791"                     the corpse of a rotting worm <---- I thought I saw something dead in my stockroom!
    "scroll137807"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "figurine137921"                        a figurine of Ayhan
    "scroll138110"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139189"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139271"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139661"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139690"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "figurine140260"                        a figurine of Lady Nadira y'Bolgari
    "scroll140801"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141014"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141060"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141062"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141115"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141154"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "figurine141402"                        a figurine of Marigeya d'Murani
    "scroll141614"                          a Scroll of Disruption
    "scroll141624"                          a Scroll of Disruption

apparently I was keeping that forever.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Arimisia said:

looking through my shop seeing what I can clean up and reprice and something catches my eye in that 500 item spam..

You continue reading:
    "scroll136718"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "ring136973"                            a midnight black rose wedding band
    "worm (dead)137791"                     the corpse of a rotting worm <---- I thought I saw something dead in my stockroom!
    "scroll137807"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "figurine137921"                        a figurine of Ayhan
    "scroll138110"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139189"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139271"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139661"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll139690"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "figurine140260"                        a figurine of Lady Nadira y'Bolgari
    "scroll140801"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141014"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141060"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141062"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141115"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "scroll141154"                          a Scroll of Curses
    "figurine141402"                        a figurine of Marigeya d'Murani
    "scroll141614"                          a Scroll of Disruption
    "scroll141624"                          a Scroll of Disruption

apparently I was keeping that forever.

It would be amusing if things like that produced a smell when walking into the shop, or stockroom. Might make shopping more fun in some places!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    (Ad-Hoc): Zitto says, "Maligorn, Achievement Unlocked: You Fuckin' Told Us, Bro. You Warned Us About Manteekan dawg!"

• Maligorn said:

(Ad-Hoc): Zitto says, "Maligorn, Achievement Unlocked: You Fuckin' Told Us, Bro. You Warned Us About Manteekan dawg!"

Frown?
    Siam warned US about Manteekan and Frost Spite.
    And we're keeping @manteekan.
    haha

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

edited April 2015
    So I've drank Ceria's Elixir before and know it's supposed to be all dark and trippy, but I've never seen this one before and it shocked the hell out of me. Bad feels all around :(

Colour bleeds from the environment around you, and with it drains any sense of hope from within you. Left to contemplate your own bleak existence, your thoughts coalesce brightly upon the prospect of ending your life here and now.

EDIT: Apparently it's nothing new, since it's already procc'd like three times since I posted this. But still, jeeeeeeeeez.

• Shaddus said:

I purchased a gently used eagle from (data redacted) and figured I'd toy with it. One zimoru was all it took.

You fiddle with the dials on a beastmaster chemistry set, hoping to find the perfect nutrient
    combination for your beast. Finally satisfied, you push a small button causing a puff of steam as
    chemicals combine and the machine whirrs to life. Soon, it spits out a small wafer, which you feed
    You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to your a great eagle with eyes of light blue. A golden glow
    surrounds him which shimmers and you watch in amazement as he transforms into a giant white eagle

Yeah, I'll take that.

what did it look like -before- you gave it zimoru?
    is dead like the dodo
  • Maligorn said:

So I've drank Ceria's Elixir before and know it's supposed to be all dark and trippy, but I've never seen this one before and it shocked the hell out of me. Bad feels all around :(

Colour bleeds from the environment around you, and with it drains any sense of hope from within you. Left to contemplate your own bleak existence, your thoughts coalesce brightly upon the prospect of ending your life here and now.

EDIT: Apparently it's nothing new, since it's already procc'd like three times since I posted this. But still, jeeeeeeeeez.

You know you basically broke Hallifaxian law :P Shame on you.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Donato said:

Maligorn said:

The law is against being in public Hallifax territory while under the effects of said substance. If he wasn't, then there's no law breaking involved.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Ooooh I see. The more you know.
    I was. I just like pushing the rules.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'll post walkingtrance messages, one of them is an image of your loved ones dissolving to skeletons before your eyes. Visual tricks don't impress Shamans, they're constantly hallucinating all kinds of things.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    After careful consideration, I'm glad dreamweavers can't see other people's dreams. Luce has enough psycological scars already.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Donato said:

Maligorn said:

That's just what Gen-3 Shevats do.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Darn kids these days.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2015
    Xeria said:

Shaddus said:

Yeah, I'll take that.

what did it look like -before- you gave it zimoru?
    a great eagle with eyes of light blue.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2015
    Eagles are strange. This one's mine, which I've had forever (I think I stuck with how he naturally grew up to be, too):

a giant feral eagle with thoughtful eyes of light blue

Many times larger than the average eagle, this enormous specimen of a giant feral eagle is fully capable of hunting down and carrying off the largest Ackleberry cow. His thoughtful eyes of light blue search the ground with a cutting gaze that pierces all he sees. Spreading his massive wings of black and gray feathers, the giant eagle gives off an aura of majesty from his very bearing, which speaks of travels throughout all of Lusternia and beyond. He is called 'Aeritus.'
    A giant feral eagle with thoughtful eyes of light blue looks to be crushingly strong.
    He weighs about 1875 pounds.

I'm not really sure where the "feral" fits in there, but hey, if his short description says he's feral, he must be.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• You tell Nikkakorra, First of Finks, "She is an ambitious fighter, we meet in the field, and we 
    fight. These things happen."
     You tell Nikkakorra, First of Finks, "It is a common occurrence, happening throughout the basin on a 
    daily basis."
     You tell Nikkakorra, First of Finks, "And not just from me, contrary to popular belief."
    You tell Nikkakorra, First of Finks, "I hear Celina is making a comeback tour, you might want to 
    secure tickets."

<3@Celina
  • Tylwyth said:

16:14:20 Strung on a rusted iron mesh are a half-dozen eyeballs of all shapes and

16:14:20 sizes. While desiccated, the stench of rotting flesh still wafts from

16:14:20 these encrusted orbs, and the crimson smears which streak across them

16:14:20 flake off on occasion. No two eyeballs are alike in this macabre trophy,

16:14:20 some bigger than others but equally blind.

16:14:20 It has 145 months of usefulness left.

16:14:20 It weighs 8 ounce(s).

16:14:20 It bears the distinctive mark of Asani Myeras, of the Blackthorn.

16:14:20 It has been stamped with the seal of Grotesque Gems.

16:14:20 It has the following aliases: necklace.

16:14:20 -

16:14:21 Asani grins mischievously at you.
    *snip*

I want one plz.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The Portal of Fate flashes as Mab steps through, now ready to begin a fresh life in Lusternia.

On the one hand, this is one of those names that induces abject terror in any self-respecting Dresden Files fan. On the other...

-honours oberon
    There is no such person, I'm afraid.
  • (Glomdoring): Viravain says, "He is a God, and Gods are irksomely difficult to entirely murder."

:x
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • Lol @Viravain fudging sass master