QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    He is a stout dwarf vernal ascendant and and his form is hard to determine under all his artifacts, clothes and jewelry. He is wearing Spectacles of Clairvoyance, a mottled maple leaf bloodstone brooch, a star-etched pearl ring, the Charm of the Clangoru, Boots of the Wanderer, a Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation, a solstice dragon mask, a brooch of the full moon, a pair of bracers of midnight blue, traced with silver scrollwork, a brooch adorned with firefly squid wielding a giant pearl, a star-etched onyx ring, a suit of forestal cavalier fieldplate, a Zayah family signet ring, mechanical spurs, a light blue coral ring, a simple ring of bloodstone, a star-etched beryl ring, a star-etched amethyst ring, an onyx studded clear ring, a battle helm etched with leaves, a star-etched emerald ring, a diaphanous stole of glacial gossamer and coiling silver vines, a star-etched opal ring and the Flame of dae'Seren.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Least he's honest.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    (Envoys): Maligorn of the Symphonium says, "So many envoys, so little comments on 1343 and 1347."

Report #1343
    Skillset: Aethercraft          Skill: Bosun
       Guild: Symphonium          Status: Finalised

Problem: While this is about as far a cry as possible from Overhaul mechanics, I wanted to throw in a quality of life change in that I think isn't too controversial or difficult to patch...

(Envoys): You say, "The report (his other report) is meh."

(Envoys): You say, "Make a 5 astro meteor and insta kill and that'd make astro more viable."

(Envoys): Maligorn of the Symphonium says, "That's not really something that needs to be overhauled."

(Envoys): You say, "You just asked me to comment on a turret report."

(Envoys): Maligorn of the Symphonium says, "Ok? They're two different reports fam."

(Envoys): You say, "You can't say "that doesn't need to be overhauled" then ask me to comment on a 
    no overhaul report. C'mon."

(Envoys): Maligorn of the Symphonium says, "Yes, I can."

(Envoys): Maligorn of the Symphonium says, "I just did. Meteor is fine anyway, idk what you're going 
    on about."

Oh envoy wars. You never cease to amaze.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2015
    They're...two separate reports. I don't understand what the issue is. You need to enlighten me. Bosun report is non-Overhaul.

Tarox affecting astrocasting spheres is Overhaul, since it affects endurance. Meteor has -not- been affected by the Overhaul, nor is the second report a Meteor report.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    She's saying that if you're going to dismiss one comment on x grounds, you can't support something else when it also satisfies x grounds. We had a similar argument a few weeks back, with reversed positions. 
    Maligorn said:

They're...two separate reports. I don't understand what the issue is. You need to enlighten me. Bosun report is non-Overhaul.

Tarox affecting astrocasting spheres is Overhaul, since it affects endurance. Meteor has -not- been affected by the Overhaul, nor is the second report a Meteor report.

Celina said:

Maligorn said:

Not a GIF. Now who is basic?
    The one who spent time looking for a GIF.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Regardless of your opinion on that decision, calling that "envoy warring" is hyperbolic at best.
  • I'll say, based on some testing in the Overhaul arena, Meteor will be affected by the buffs Overhaul, in a negative way (at least with my setup). It will be much harder to kill anyone with a Meteor unless the base damage is upped to compensate for overall lower damage.
    edited April 2015
    Vivet said:

Regardless of your opinion on that decision, calling that "envoy warring" is hyperbolic at best.

Irrationally disagreeing or agreeing with people along faction lines is a pretty trademark sign of the envoy wars.

Oh Celina. Just stop while you're behind.

Girl, they are your words.
  • edited April 2015
    The illusion cast by Avurekhos's silverspun stole of storm grey silk ripples and falls away,
    revealing him.
    You poke Avurekhos in the eye with two fingers, who then falls backwards onto his bum.

Thank you who ever wrote this one! Awesome three Stooges attack!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zitto said:

That moment when -THE- divine scholar walks into your tea party:

Holding a book aloft, Shanfer Brigginston casually wanders in from the north.

Shanfer Brigginston, an eager and intrepid scholar strolls in, utterly enthralled in the book he holds in his right hand. Without even the slightest glance at the two of you, he saddles to the counter, purchases a silver laced crystal tea cup of oolong, then strolls out.

With nary a glance to see if this is a proper exit, Shanfer wanders out to the north.

Giddyup!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Qistrel said:

A platter overladen with barbequed duck tells you, "Hey, taint breath! You can go to Nil with a small green sign with "Kind Sir or Madam: Please approve my prog or template as appropriate and with my utmost gratitude" written on it in flowing white letters."

...What? I don't understand what that item is.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Rancoura said:

Qistrel said:

A platter overladen with barbequed duck tells you, "Hey, taint breath! You can go to Nil with a small green sign with "Kind Sir or Madam: Please approve my prog or template as appropriate and with my utmost gratitude" written on it in flowing white letters."

...What? I don't understand what that item is.
    Looks like Astral Insanity for something sitting in a divine room somewhere. Specifically something either an eph or a mortal coder made.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    So by hoarding Astral insanity, we can uncover the forbidden mysteries of Lusternia's behind-the-scenes... :D

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• What's great about that is that it actually kinda makes sense.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I have suspected something about myself for a while. Today it was confirmed.

(Copywrite): Enadonella (from the Aetherways) says, "She is the biggest alter I have freaking met...besides Shaddus obvs."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:

(Copywrite): Enadonella (from the Aetherways) says, "She is the biggest alter I have freaking met...besides Shaddus obvs."

Oi, I take offense to that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

Qistrel said:

Oi, I we take offense to that.
    FTFY.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2015
    Report #1346
    Skillset: Celestialism         Skill: None
       Guild: (None)              Status: Approved Dec 2007

Problem: Comment on Envoys News 746 on updating pledge/pacts.

TIME WAAAAARP. The Overhaul has been on since '07.

edit:

(Peasantface): Viynain (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "To the majestic dragon that is the Drachou, Crow is just an overgrown maimed chicken."
    (Peasantface): Viynain (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Bawk."
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Shaddus said:

Qistrel said:

Oi, I take offense to that.
    You take offence? Nobody ever mentions my 25+ alts!

Also, so many shots fired in this divine interaction.
  • Pestilence, the Wyrden Wolf says, "Kill ittttt."
    Drunken Master Malarious, Starter of Bar Fights says to Pestilence, the Wyrden Wolf, "But, it's 
    shric."
    Pestilence, the Wyrden Wolf exclaims, "But he is on our new bubble!"
    Malarious ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.
    Drunken Master Malarious, Starter of Bar Fights says, "Yes but do we presently care? Have to check!"

Thanks, @Malarious.