QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    (Aclanwhereinshadeisthrown): Zitto (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Shedrin, you can't actually toadcurse
    viscanti. They're too similar, the magic gets confused."
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Portius said:
    (Aclanwhereinshadeisthrown): Zitto (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Shedrin, you can't actually toadcurse
    viscanti. They're too similar, the magic gets confused."
    fite me 1v1
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kalnid said:
    Toads are poisonous. Viscanti are venomous. It's /different/.
    what's the difference?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Poisonous creatures and venomous creatures both produce toxins that will mess you up, but differently. A poisonous creature has the toxin either on their skin or in some part/all of their body, and will poison you through contact or ingestion, usually as a defense mechanism. A venomous creature has a gland that produces poison that is transferred via a bite or a sting.
  • Also, poisonous and venomous are two of the three categories of Australian wildlife, with the third being sheep.
  • Where do kangaroos and koalas fit in all that? :-/
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Arix said:
    Also, poisonous and venomous are two of the three categories of Australian wildlife, with the third being sheep.
    No, Sheep are the other side of the ditch, dating the Kiwis. The other third of our wildlife are kangaroos waiting by the side of the road to mess your car up in the dead of night. Trufax.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    With a quick spin, you kick a decaying gargoyle with your left foot.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    With a deft flick of your wrist, you whip a decaying gargoyle with a jakari of iron spikes and
    skulls, lashing the skin from his flesh.
    With a deft flick of your wrist, you whip a decaying gargoyle with a jakari of iron spikes and
    skulls, lashing the skin from his flesh.
    Unable to withstand more punishment, a decaying gargoyle collapses and dies.

Ah, symmetry. Or...something like that.

• Lavinya said:

Arix said:
    Also, poisonous and venomous are two of the three categories of Australian wildlife, with the third being sheep.
    No, Sheep are the other side of the ditch, dating the Kiwis. The other third of our wildlife are kangaroos waiting by the side of the road to mess your car up in the dead of night. Trufax.
    In other words, poisonous, venomous and vicious are the three categories, then?

• Lerad said:
    Lavinya said:

Arix said:
    In other words, poisonous, venomous and vicious are the three categories, then?
    Nah, because there are things that are both venomous and vicious.
    edited May 2015
    Shaddus said:
    Kalnid said:
    what's the difference?
    If it bites you and it kills you, it's poisonous.

If you bite it and it kills you, it's venomous.

• As you carefully unwrap a package containing ten cooking curios, the ancient 
    package releases a cloud of stale air just before it crumbles to dust. As the 
    dust blows away, you find yourself holding ten bottle curios.
    Looking deeper into a package containing ten cooking curios, you are delighted 
    to discover unholy water.

Fuck yoooou.
  • Ssaliss said:

Tremula said:
    Shaddus said:
    Kalnid said:
    what's the difference?

Lions = poisonous. Noted.
    Wouldn't lions be both poisonous and venomous?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

• Kethaera said:
    Ssaliss said:

Tremula said:
    Shaddus said:
    Kalnid said:
    what's the difference?

Lions = poisonous. Noted.
    Wouldn't lions be both poisonous and venomous?
    So... lions are venoisonous I guess?
    So....which one is poison ivy?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    So....which one is poison ivy?
    The plant or the villain?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    The plant. The villain is obviously both poisonous and venomous at the same time.
  • I'd say poisonous, since you don't have to eat it to be affected.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    The plant. The villain is obviously both poisonous and venomous at the same time.
    And hot. Don't forget hot.
  • edited May 2015
    imageJust gonna leaf this here

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    swear
    By the power of Morgfyre!

Made me giggle!

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited May 2015
     "2 beeves made into jerky strips"

...I was about to tell Lusternia to go back to grammar school, and then visited dictionary.com. (I stand corrected.)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• And people keep insisting that Meese is incorrect :(
    edited May 2015
    @Xenthos (paraphrased because I lost the actual one when I closed Mush)

(aclanwhereshadeisthrown) Zitto says, "So are we just going to ignore the fact that Tremula's nightmare died just now?"

(aclanwhereshadeisthrown) You says, "Pretty much."

• edited May 2015
    You possess 129 items and are carrying 666,666 gold sovereigns.

It's official, I'm Satan or an emperor of Rome.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Darkest Celina, Her Scythe says, "There is no greater armor than fear. No shield nor mail will turn back a blade quite like the anticipation of their own death. Niico has started to forge his armor. Perhaps they will strike back now, but in time, should have inherited my own talent, he will have an armor of fear as impervious as mine."

/fanboying intensifies
  • Niico said:
    Darkest Celina, Her Scythe says, "There is no greater armor than fear. No shield nor mail will turn back a blade quite like the anticipation of their own death. Niico has started to forge his armor. Perhaps they will strike back now, but in time, should have inherited my own talent, he will have an armor of fear as impervious as mine."

/fanboying intensifies
    :( Was that because you killed me you monster.