QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    bodyscan vitals full
    *****************************[ Bodyscan - Vitals ]*****************************
    Stat         Effect                                  Value   Max
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Health       Veteran                                 1       4
    Health       Yoga                                    3       8
    Health       Higher Gods' Disfavour                  -6      -10
                   Total                                 -1

Mana         Analytics                               1       4
    Mana         Yoga                                    1       5
    Mana         Higher Gods' Disfavour                  -6      -10
                   Total                                 -4

Ego          Psi augmentation                        3       8
    Ego          Higher Gods' Disfavour                  -6      -10
                   Total                                 -3

*******************************************************************************

Ok, what exactly did you guys do while I wasn't here?

• Qistrel said:
    bodyscan vitals full

Ok, what exactly did you guys do while I wasn't here?

We tried to go home.
  • Rioted hard.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    From the homepage:

Gail has completed the Map In Hand achievement.
  • Everybody is Gail, except Gail.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    There is the One True Gail, but that is not Gail.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Chaote Gail, a newbie in the Illuminati Guild, has entered Lusternia.

Goddammit guys, seriously? I hate having to teach obvious alts, especially the troll alts
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I don't understand all the Gail stuff at all :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    You wouldn't, Gail.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    This is almost as good as Hallifax's Greek title clique.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arix said:
    Chaote Gail, a newbie in the Illuminati Guild, has entered Lusternia.

Goddammit guys, seriously? I hate having to teach obvious alts, especially the troll alts

No offense, but maybe you should step down. Not everyone who joins your guild from the Portal is going to be a true newbie, and if you actually want to treat alts differently than true newbie when it comes to quality of teaching, you need to take a step back and go play Maple Story or something.

If this kid is causing trouble or being intentionally disruptive, kick his ass out. If he's actually working and trying to advance, grow a pair and rp it out with him. Who knows.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited December 2015
    Tark started as alt. Is now main because Gaudi and Glom were awesome. And this needs to be said, Arix is awesome to novices. He spent a good forty five minutes or so on an alt of mine not that long ago.
    Apparently he wouldn't have if he had known you were an alt.

Sorry, this is a touchy subject for me. Only once have I ever made an alt to cause trouble (Aisson, to tease Aison on Facebook), and I was immediately disfavored on my main because of it. I had even posted it in the Facebook group beforehand, and Eventru took it personally.

The fact is, I generally don't care who knows who I am playing so long as they aren't treating me worse because of it. I've had people screw me over before and actively try to kick me out of guilds or orgs when they found out who I was, and it's not right. It really doesn't matter if a person is an alt or not, so long as they aren't going out of their way to be obnoxious.

So do what you want, @Arix. Kick them out and treat them like shit. I'm sure after you get a few wrong and your novice retention goes down the tubes, people will stop making alts in your guild and you can die off like the Pyros.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited December 2015
    EXCUSE ME. 

The Pyros are not dead anymore. We have novices and people. I'm fucking Fire Jesus, I told you.

Repent for your blasphemy or I shall smite thee with my righteous flames.

I love you Celina, but...nope. Fire Jesus ain't official yet.
    [-X
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

IDK what you're talking about.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Shaddus said:
    So do what you want, @Arix. Kick them out and treat them like shit.
    Where did he say he would do anything like that?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    B
    Daraius said:
    Shaddus said:
    So do what you want, @Arix. Kick them out and treat them like shit.
    Where did he say he would do anything like that?

He didn't, but apparently he hates dealing with them. If he can't separate oocly knowing/suspecting someone is an alt from icly teaching them, he has issues that need to be resolved.
  • It doesn't have to be so black and white. I share the irritation of teaching people things they already know. It wastes the time of everybody involved. It would be less frustrating if people were just upfront that they already knew all this stuff, didn't need lessons. You can then move on more quickly to more meaningful interactions. You'd probably even still get all your free novice stuff, from most people who take the time to teach.

And trolls are only going to waste your time.

It's kinda kneejerky to say that not giving people what they don't need will cause your novice retention to drop.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I think this argument boils down to "don't be a jerk to people," which people of both sides can agree on. Don't be jerks to alts, don't be jerks to the people trying to teach you while you're alting, etc etc.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Riluna said:
    It doesn't have to be so black and white. I share the irritation of teaching people things they already know. It wastes the time of everybody involved. It would be less frustrating if people were just upfront that they already knew all this stuff, didn't need lessons. You can then move on more quickly to more meaningful interactions. You'd probably even still get all your free novice stuff, from most people who take the time to teach.

And trolls are only going to waste your time.

It's kinda kneejerky to say that not giving people what they don't need will cause your novice retention to drop.

Upfront? Sure, alts could be up front. I'd personally looooove to be able to just walk into into a guild, raise the "I'm Shaddus and I'm here to hang out" flag, and automatically pass my testing all the way to GR3 because they know I'll have the herbs, I can walk to villages, and I can write a description. I'd looooove to be able to tell an undersecretary, "(("Hey, brolaf. I helped start this guild on another character but I don't play them anymore, so you can dispense with the rp and just pass me on stuff so I can get out of your hair))".

But it's not going to happen like that, especially when people can't keep their mouths shut or keep ic and ooc personalities separate, or when I'm hunting in Newton and get "//Hey, uh, I hear you're Shaddus. Mind making me a throne later?". It's tiresome, and while I don't mind occasionally letting people know that they might be wasting their time talking to me, I usually don't. Know why? Because every conversation, every act between myself and someone shapes that character's personality and makes me want to play them/invest in them and the guild a bit more.

As for the last bit, Riluna, I think you've missed the point. Arix can dislike teaching alts all he wants, but if he actually starts treating true newbies better than the alts, sooner or later he's going to slip up a few times when he gets really smart newbies and discourage them from playing because they don't feel like he's doing what he's supposed to do. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • @Shaddus this is not the place for that. New thread debating how to treat obvious/suspected/joke alts, or drop it please.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Then don't tell them you're Shaddus. "I've been through this before" is enough.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Don't worry, Riluna and Arix. I'll try not to waste your time. :)
    edited December 2015
    A Revelation of the Dreaming suddenly lunges forward with a growl and sinks his teeth firmly into you.

I found this cute. Ahaha.

edit:

The earth shakes and cracks open up underfoot as the Iron God descends underground, forcing His way through the Undervault.

Reverberating with all the power of a battlecry, Karagash, the Iron God shouts, "CEASE TALAN."

Talan Ysav'rai shouts, "Whiskey or death!"

#bringShikariback 

• HEh, I think that was my pilgrim too(had to go wrap presents...).
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: