QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Not your most subtle brainwashing @Lisaera
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    That generally applies to our own mistakes, though. Unless you're converting to Crow now, Lisaera  ;;)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Lisaera is a closet Glom, I'm starting to suspect.
  • 39.Keph  is a canon kephera name?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's a namegen name suggestion for an illithoid.
  • Enyalida said:
    It's a namegen name suggestion for an illithoid.
    =0   ???

• (Magnagora): Someone (from the Earth Elemental Plane) says, "Where is the aether cock on earth?"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2016
    Pretty sure I posted the Keph thing before. :D

• Vablus has bled to death.
    You see the death occur at the icy depths of the Inner Sea.  (2141, 2173, 2205, ...)
    From your knowledge, that room might be in Inner Sea.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Maylea said:
    Qistrel said:
    Pretty sure I posted the Keph thing before. :D
    I must have missed that!

Namegen is glorious. It is the sort of thing you forget about for some time and then gorge yourself on when someone mentions it. I spent some time unable to breathe properly yesterday for laughing so much. Of course, the other great thing about namegen is that you can genuinely get good names from it - I name almost all the mobs I make using namegen :)
    So if I ever see a Tae'Dae named Gubhut or Goobmo, that's you!
    Or a furrikin named Dedlie!

I had to make up my own finkname due to there not being a namegen for them or gnomes.

• You know, while this kind of belongs on ideas, you admin folk could open up that namegen for newbies to help them come up with new race-friendly names for their characters.
  • Nienla said:
    You know, while this kind of belongs on ideas, you admin folk could open up that namegen for newbies to help them come up with new race-friendly names for their characters.
    I have no real concept of how difficult it would be to make namegen a useable command in the intro, but I can pass it up to someone who would know :)

Anyway, quotes!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Raising an eyebrow, Queen Maeve of the Fae says to Bandeon, "As for you. Do you not think that this
    must be done? Do you wish to see the Faethorn unwoven? Do you wish to see -us- unwoven?"

Synkarin mutters, "There ...ld be worse ..ings."

With an expression of extreme anger, Queen Maeve of the Fae slaps Synkarin really hard across the
    face.

Sorry @Synkarin, I laughed. :D
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited January 2016
    Hiding long quote underneath spoilers. Got to play something like riverdance for pixies at the Pool of Stars, it was deeply satisfying.

EDIT: Fuck it, Pastebin.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Reaching a steady hand toward the spinning brand, Queen Maeve of the Fae claims the effigy of the Weeping Amaranth and holds it in her palm. She turns it in her hands, a Queen's dispassionate expression in her gaze, and then whispers, "It's so small." Then, with all the strength of the Faethorn Court behind her, she rips the brand apart, petal by petal, and the foul magic that held it together disappears in wisps of black smoke.

Smirking confidently, Xenthos and Queen Maeve of the Fae casually bump fists.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Queen Maeve of the Fae's lips.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited January 2016
    Estarra's voice shatters the cosmic equilibrium, "Bloody shite! Who has drawn from the Seals of 
    Nature and Beauty! This has weakened all of the Nine Seals! We are in jeopardy now of releasing the 
    Soulless Gods!"

Estarra said a bad word!
    She must be punished!

edited January 2016
    It is a word She uses when seriously Bad Stuff is going down.

• Remember when people went "ESTARRA SWORE SO IT WASN"T THE REAL ESTARRA" when she said Bloody Shite the soulless have escaped at the start of the dream event?

They did? I'm pretty sure She's used it before during seal events.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    No need to be pretty sure; you can be 100% sure.
  • Isn't it what she says every ascension? Like it might be the invocation to activate avechna
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited January 2016
    Ieptix said:
    Some possible male trill names:
    ... 28. Hooh  ...

I expect all Trill to begin roleplaying as this from now on:

We had Luxray show up in Hallifax a couple days ago, I'm sure they'll either get on like a house on fire or they'll constantly be at each others' throats.