QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    That's fairly entertaining. Kudos to the sly Dreamweaver.
  • edited January 2016

You gag on the rough wad of cloth shoved into your mouth as you return to consciousness, struggling against the rope tightly binding your ankles. You feel a boot rest against the small of your back for a short moment before a kick sends you over the edge of the platform. Twisting at the last moment, you catch the emotionless gaze of Klayok Pavok, Sentinel of State before your rotation provides you with the sickening view of the Emerald Highway rushing up to meet you.
    You are moved by Klayok Pavok, Sentinel of State.

How did they know I liked being tied up
  • With the smallest flick of Her finger, Drocilla sends Chirbo flying headlong into the depths of the Astral Plane.
    Chirbo leaves to the ether, emanating an aura of immense power.

You beam broadly at Drocilla.

• I STILL GOT THE SKETCH THOUGH
  • edited January 2016
    This curio is so beautiful.

The pot gives ALL THE COLOURS
  • Arix said:
    (Serenwilde): Ymuli says, "I laugh at danger! And then suffer various mishaps, but that isn't the point."
    Well... it -wasn't-!  >.>
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • Lol, those poor mulitple poteeners.

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #520 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ieptix the Anomaly                  Date: 2016-01-12 22:26:44

o Poteen can no longer be consumed while in the arena.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Time to quit drinking, @Gero !
    Pardon my ignorance, what does multiple poteens get you, exactly? Do the buffs stack?
  • edited January 2016
    Tarkenton said:
    Pardon my ignorance, what does multiple poteens get you, exactly? Do the buffs stack?
    No, but you can get more buffs because a poteen can give you the same buff for each burp if you get unlucky.

Edit: Also, get more drunk for the beer buff if you have a high toleance
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Does that really fix the issue though? Can't you just drink and burp before you go in, go in the arena and heartstop to cure being drunk?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    If I recall correctly, going in drunk and heart stopping still leaves you drunk.
  • I'm still not sure why this was done. The buffs aren't really game breaking
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm very conflicted by this.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy

Tarkenton said:
    I think poteens have a small chance at giving a coin, so people likely wanted to mass-burp to get a chance at that without the consequences of being drunk for a long time.
  • Daraius said:
    I'm very conflicted by this.
    Lol this is the leader of your Hallimonks :)

The bad pun dog!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2016
    A cow stoically refuses to attack that person.

Context is unnecessary.

• Chirbo said:
    I'm still not sure why this was done. The buffs aren't really game breaking

It was rarely about the buffs.

Poteens had a slight chance to give a coin with each burp, so someone with some 10 poteens, had a chance to get a coin 30 times (3 burps per poteen).

Additionally, if you didnt get a coin, you could always get some nice little buffs, or some lessons or even the rare offering increase buff (much like a leveled figurine).

Poteens were usually used mainly for bashing purposes, as it gave a good amount of drunkness as well as 1 hour boosts to xp gain or vitals. The coins were more of a little prize you can get now and then.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Not sure why poteens got nerfed and maps didn't.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't see how they've actually been nerfed - you just can't drink them risk free in the arena. I have a few, I just spread out the blessings. Or if I forget, use them all at once and heartstop, drunkenness gone!

• (clanONE): Abelor says, "<.<."
    ?:-
    (clanTWO): You say, "Hai."
    (clanTWO): You say, "Ack."
    (clanONE): Falmiis says, "Nice."
    Your current clan will now be the 'clanONE' clan.
    (clanONE): You say, "Dammit."
    (clanONE): Falmiis says, "How to get Bleuu to mischat. Step 1) Say something  here."
    (clanONE): Falmiis says, "Step 2) There is no step 2."
  • edited January 2016
    Portius said:
    In an inquisitive growl, a plush doll of Master Quettle says, "Do you know the name of the good
    disciple? The one who was a good boy?"

A plush doll of Master Quettle's whiskers droop slightly as a soft, disconcerted growl rumbles in
    its chest.

Shaking his head gently, a plush doll of Master Quettle says, "Neither do I. But wisdom comes from
    knowing nothing, it seems."

• edited January 2016
    Idly twitching his tail as he pads in, Orion graces those here with his presence. Orion, the Celestial Cat hisses. Orion, the Celestial Cat hunches slightly and flares his body as he hisses warningly. You pet Orion, the Celestial Cat ingratiatingly. Orion, the Celestial Cat meows endearingly at you. Apparently bored with events in this particular location, Orion pads quietly away.

wut