QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• It's true, one time Crumkane tried to flex His muscles and ended up doing FLEX in athletics? Idunno what skill it's in
  • ATHLETICS? I think?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's the STRENGTH ability in the ATHLETICS skill, yes.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Cocidius, Lehki, Stratas, Tremula, Averice, Brantas, Feldherren, Fray, Furrikin
    Kahjin, Kalnid, Kilee, Kniri, Pypo, Ranah, Shiku, Tristanna, Vorbur.
    (*) Currently, there are 18 Lusternians on this Plane and 29 on other Planes.

honours furrikin
    There is no such person, I'm afraid.

...?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Is that the marauder's mask?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2016
         Furrikin - a masked furrikin                   (before the Portal of Fate)

Looks like it. I don't remember ever seeing them show up in QW like that before though.

Like, if there are two furrikin with the masks, would they both show up as Furrikin?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• There was a 'lucidian' yesterday and a 'loboshigaru' earlier...not quite sure what it's all about.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Narynth said:
    There was a 'lucidian' yesterday and a 'loboshigaru' earlier...not quite sure what it's all about.

Marauder's Mask. Someone without a gem of cloaking is either doing something nefarious, or is just messing with people. Or both!
  • Looks like it's some novice (retiree?) who got their hands on one of those and just reincarnating heaps to mess with us.
  • A white skull says to you, "No matter what you do.. Still the bottom of the rung.. Hahahaha."

I wish I didn't care about this game so much because that was pretty tilting when it shouldn't have been. I get that I complain a little bit but I've never gone out of my way to openly insult people. I've also never said the kind of vehement things I read about myself on other org's CTs. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2016
    Living the griefer life has afforded me a thick skin. If you fight, someone will be upset and they will say things they may or may not mean. 

If it's any consolation, I've received all sorts of threats and insinuations about my mother, love life, how much money I make, mental disorders, sexual orientation, and more over the years. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Yarith

Marcella says, "You do realise that everyone in Mag hates your guts, right?" (paraphrased)

I know how you feel. I don't ever want to go back to Magnagora on Tremula, I've just been trying to clear status. I've been willing to put myself through embarassing or painful hurdles to get through, and rather than accept this I've been told outright that it won't happen. The Cacophony was the only guild to give me a chance, most of the people I contact ignoring me entirely or choosing to laugh in my face at the offer. @Gero was one of the only ones to take the time to explain why. You're not alone in your tilting, people are just...people. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Chirbo said:
    Gaudiguch): Talan (from the Aetherways) says, "You need a seal first, Chirbo. Which are you going for?"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Wait....I want my name to be Sirloin."

(Gaudiguch): Avestan says, "Ha!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Um...what's left."

The Nine Seals:
      Chaos      : Held by Ixion
      War        : Weak
      Justice    : Weak
      Nature     : Weak
      Knowledge  : Weak
      Beauty     : Weak
      Life       : Weak
      Death      : Weak
      Harmony    : Held by Talan

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Oooh."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "I can take....death. I'm pretty scary."

A ripple of alien amusement permeates your perceptions, whispering across your mind in a brief murmur of words from a language you do not know, and senses you do not possess.
    He forgot to add the best part, I responded to that with something along the lines of, 'A bunny is scarier than you.'
  • Sylandra said:
    What Celina said. I've gotten hate from people I've never met or talked to before just because they disliked my forum persona. And half of what I do is post meaningless gifs and bad jokes! I ain't even a PKer.

I dunno, I like your forum persona.
  • edited February 2016
    Celina said:
    Yarith said:
    A white skull says to you, "No matter what you do.. Still the bottom of the rung.. Hahahaha."

I wish I didn't care about this game so much because that was pretty tilting when it shouldn't have been. I get that I complain a little bit but I've never gone out of my way to openly insult people. I've also never said the kind of vehement things I read about myself on other org's CTs. 
    Don't let anonymous internet people get to you. They are trying to get under your skin because you got under theirs first, and you probably didn't even mean to. You were just playing the game, living your life, DOING YOU GIRL. Take a tip from a drag queen:

"Mr. Roark, we're alone here. Why don't you tell me what you think of me? In any words you wish. No one will hear us."
    "But I don't think of you."

Edit: Double post. I must have too much free time.
  • edited February 2016
    Embrace the hate. I do.

All those enemy statuses are nice little merit badges.

Hate my character? Fine by me. I wholly expect it as a raider. I don't intend to leave Glomdoring pretty much ever, so whether or not organizations have a disdain for me is largely irrelevant and it should be to you as well.

People are going to dislike you when you are "winning" or opposing their "team", so to speak. In many cases, that dislike is purely IC and many folks will actually respect you out of character. There are those, however, whose IC/OOC experiences bleed and that results in them not having the ability to separate the actions of your character (in this case Yarith or Tremula) with your player.

Does that always excuse a player from their character's actions? No, not all the time. There are some very clear cases in the past of where raiders were guilty of the very same thing. @Narsrim comes to mind as an example. However, I don't hold any animosity towards players unless I suspect that their lines blur in that regard. I won't out who has been sending the garbage to me, but I've had instances (even recent ones) where I've been called a bitch, whore, and other unpleasant terms. There was even an instance where I issued someone (and was the only time I've ever done so) because of the fact that they were sexually harassing my character and bypassing snub in order to do it.

Ultimately, some players can be dicks. What matters is that you have fun and have a pleasant playing experience. Their opinions are ultimately irrelevant and shouldn't impact you at the end of the day.
  • Yarith said:
    A white skull says to you, "No matter what you do.. Still the bottom of the rung.. Hahahaha."

If it helps, I got that same white skull asking me if I was "drowning in my sorrows" or something like that, presumably because I was chilling out in New Celest trying to get my internet under control.

People will try to play the psychological game with you even though there's no psychological game to be played (e.g. your character goes fearlessly into battle every time the situation demands it, despite the acute horrors of combat that would disgust us irl (like crucifixion, fire rain, etc.)). They want to get at you the player. Don't let them.

• Shuyin said:
    Living the griefer life has afforded me a thick skin. If you fight, someone will be upset and they will say things they may or may not mean. 

If it's any consolation, I've received all sorts of threats and insinuations about my mother, love life, how much money I make, mental disorders, sexual orientation, and more over the years. 

GankVictim tells you, "//God you are such a gay sociopath, I bet you're so broke from this game that no one wants to love you, not even your own mother."

Did that sum it up??
  • Also Yarith is like the nicest person I've ever met.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Actually, I was a psychopath, but it's close enough.
  • I should have raged harder at Shuyin and Xenthos for harmony. :(
  • edited February 2016
    Altrea has been sucked dry by Aspirant Twytch.
  • Yeah, I was just coming to post that.
    ?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: