Absence Thread

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    All hail your new overlord. Overlady. Whatever. Worship me.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Real life has blown up. Will try find some time to comment on warrior changes thread with some final thoughts in next couple of days for whatever it's worth, but other than that, no timeline on being around. Sorry, people!
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Sorry for putting on the post-TA-absence syndrome, but real life got busy for me. I'll be off to Italy on Friday for the next two weeks, so I probably won't be around too much and, if at all, during odd times. So, if you really need something from me, you should try to ping me before I leave. Otherwise I'll try to keep up with messages (like I haven't been). Try not to blow up my beautiful city while I'm away!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    -begins plotting-

• Long story short, there was roadworks outside where I live last night and some ignoramus cut through the fibre optic lines, thus resulting in a distinct lack of internet besides my cellphone, which mobile data rates are nothing short of highway robbery here.

Thus I will be mostly absent until probably Saturday or Sunday USA time depending on if it STOPS. FREAKING. RAINING.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited May 2015
    I'm going to be away for about three days or so. I'll return to trying to be illithoidy around you soon.

EDIT: Two days it turns out.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • BLAH!

I think I'm back... Work has been so busy I didn't even realize I was gone.
    </RANT>
  • Sending my computer off to be repaired, so I'll probably be very scarce for the next couple of days. I'll be able to check messages etc. from my Raspberry Pi, but as you might imagine, it's not really a powerhouse (not to mention the keyboard I'm using with it doesn't have the standard layout, which makes typing correctly hard at times). Either way, back in a couple of days.
  • Probably going to be scarce this week. I'm working 7 days and one of them's a double shift. AND I have to go clothes shopping for a wedding. So I might pop in for a few here and there but I doubt I'll have a chance to actually get on and hunt or anything. Just letting y'all know so my ninjakari bros don't be like "Where'd our new novice go?"
  • Going out of the country on vacation this coming Tuesday (5-26), I'll be back probably around June 10th or so. I'll be sparse to nonexistent that entire time, as well as pretty much now until Tuesday, as I'm getting prepared/working more right before. Kay thanks, see you when I return!
    I've been in Texas all week, moving early next week, will not be back until next Thursday-ish. Cue Nightshade collapse. 
  • *plots in the shadows*
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *hops to Manny*
  • I will be gone for a while due to horrific internet problems including 1 hour ping.
  • Not entirely absent, but work has picked up a lot this past week and probably the next. Also going camping for part of this upcoming weekend so my time around might be limited.
  • I am contemplating taking a Hiatus....

I just gave up on writing my childrens book on the wyrd.. this proved to be far more challenging than I expected for a number of reasons.

I am struggling to find information on numerous other research projects I am working on... Over all I am stressing myself out.  I polan to return... I need to think on if being a scholar is for me...
  • I will be attending a scientific conference next week and be largely out of touch.  I will be responding to messages intermittently this Friday through next Friday and probably won't be online during that time.
  • This could have been one of those self-destructive blow-outs, like the kind people give before they ragequite.  Fortunately, this is not the case.  I assure you all (yes, even *YOU*) that I'm not quitting.  I have a lot going on, none of which can be mitigated in the near future, but I certainly not going to self-destruct and rant on and on (and on!) with some incoherent diatribe about Teh Cancer That Is Killing Magnagora.  Nope.  I'm just busy.

First I have much to do at work.  I not only have a several different projects being released into the production environment, but since I've assumed management of my projects that means I'm also answering helpdesk tickets.  The strange bit is that none of the projects I wrote have any bugs, but the ``hosting only'' projects my clients wrote seem to be riddled with them.  Bah.  So I find myself spending more and more time answering helpdesk tickets, attending meetings, and planning maint. schedules with the Networking team.  Such is life.  I've no one to blame since I'm the one who wanted the promotion (and getting rid of those two leeches called ``Project Managers'' was a nice blessing too).  I think we're all old enough to understand that work needs to come first and foremost, especially if you have dependents.

I should also explain that I am performing a bit of home repair lately.  Just this weekend I had to move almost 20 cubic feet of marble gravel by hand, followed by another 7 cubic feet of clean sand (by hand) followed by close to 400 pounds of paving stones (again, by hand).  I finally have the start of a foundation in place.  A piece of the lowest portion of my three-level deck started to rot away, and frankly I think I'd much rather replace that with stone-work.  This coming weekend is the toddler's birthday, so I'm going to be terribly busy! I not only have to prepare for that (and attend it, of course), but also need to dress and level the sand since I can't lay the paving stones until the foundation is completed.  Le sigh.  After that? I need to rehang a storm door (the original owners hung it crooked, can you imagine?), replace another storm door (their dogs really clawed the heck out of the vinyl, so I'm going aluminum), and begin preparations for extending the lowest level of the deck with a patio on part of the lawn (I'd like a large fireplace instead of a dinky little fire-pit, so I'll need a patio for that).  The list never ends.  Next summer I need to redress and level the sand under the cobblestones of my front walk, correct any subsidence from this year's repairs on the lowest level of the deck (should be the only time it's necessary), and, and, and ... It is a beautiful house, and I'm not trying to scare anyone, but these are the ``joys'' of home-ownership.  I know everyone has learned by now that if they want nice things, then they need to take care of what they have, so hopefully no one feels like I've let them down; at least not tremendously.

Finally I should add that despite the pleasures I've received from Lusternia, my youngest is at a critical age.  He's 4, so the days where he'd actually like to cuddle with his daddy are nearing an end.  Those with children would instantly know how I feel were I to describe what it is like to have a child look at you and, with all seriousness, spontaneously say ``I love you, Daddy.''.  Those who have no children can just remember what it feels like when either or both parents look at you, and say with sincerity ``I'm proud of you.''.  I apologize if there are some who have never experienced either, and I pray you each find same in your futures, but hopefully my sentiment is recognizable at least with the rational mind.

So much of this has really eaten into my Lusternia time.  There are a million reports I'd like to give on the ``Grandpa Delphas Dinner'' forum, and a million things @Delphas would like to do within Magnagora and the Nihilists, but it just isn't in the cards right this minute.  I promise I will be available over the next two days to attend to some obligations from the recent Bloodfaire, but I will also be very scarce for a short while following that.

If none of the above ring true, I should also add my recent attitude stinks.  I've become sour.  *I* the player have become sour.  Delphas might have a tough row to hoe, but that's no reason for *ME* to get pissy.  I'm starting to be rude to characters that have never caused Delphas even the least of harm. That is, quite simply, unfair and must not continue.  I need to get my head screwed-on correctly and value the friendships both Delphas and I have made, or else I'm just going to explode into shame and infamy.

I'm sorry if I let anyone down.  I'll be available for the next few days so Delphas can meet his obligations, but there may be a break as long as two or even three weeks following.  I'd like to hug my youngest while he's still young enough, complete my home repairs while I'm still strong enough to move 2 tons of material by hand, and continue to meet or exceed the expectations of my clients while I still /can/ shape their expectations.  This is not permanent, but I simply cannot be available in my present state of mind until I cool down, get my house in order, and attend to my business.

I'm not leaving.  I'm just taking a small break.
    </RANT>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I felt the bitter vibe, totally don't hold it against you, I think we've all swum in that lake before. Just make sure you don't take years to come back like you did last time! I will miss your special brand of humour and verbosity, @Delphas. Hurry back!

• So, just because at least one or two people may care, probably should explain a bit why I haven't been around. Well, I recently lost a family member, and I was close to them so I've been arranging stuff like the funeral and… stuff. So, yeah, will probably come back but...

Just a bit disinterested right now. Bit of laziness from, well, cold reality.

Keep enjoying the game, keep it warm for me when I come back.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Will be back to my usual activity by June 7th. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Sick. Won't be around until better.
    Finished moving into my temporary place in DC! The wifi is super sketchy so I'll be on again off again for a while. It also shuts off at midnight for some ungodly reason. Barbarians.

There's also the part about being in DC proper now so I'll be drinking and enjoying myself for than usual. Here's hoping I don't drunk quit Glomdoring....again.
    If you do, I think we've got people waiting to take your place. That said, don't go!!! The few times we've gotten to defend/kill together have beenawesome.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Sick. Won't be around until better.
    Major dislike. And here we had an aetherhunt planned!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Tarkenton said:
    If you do, I think we've got people waiting to take your place. 
    Sure, focus on the first part. Not the part where I say you're an awesome war poodle.

Jerk.
    @Celina, do not drunk quit Glomdoring and do not drunk mistell to the Shadow Court(no more than usual). Yes to more of you educating and teaching Gloms/Viravainites.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Drunk-education is not necessarily the best thing, either...
    Xenthos said:
    Drunk-education is not necessarily the best thing, either...
    Agreed. No to drunk-education, too, Celina!

#bringShikariback