Absence Thread

Comments

• Drama llama woke up my mama and now she has trauma, we're all goners :(

• BE HAPPY

• Will be scarce for the next two days.
  • Celina said:
    Going to take the weekend, and maybe the week off to go frolick in the sunshine (aka drink on a bar patio) and be social. Playing a conflict centric character is fun (and my choice!), but having to constantly push to get anything done gets a little IRL exhausting. People (name unknown) revoking my Shadow Court privs (who knew clan probation was even a thing!) without explanation just kind of sucked the fun out of it for me.

So Lusty mini vacation time. I'll be about to check on my reports, but that's about it. Have fun, kids!

P.S. I'm still playing Dota 2 if anyone wants to join. I'm also still terrible.
    Hey, online mama, don't you fret about being put on probation. Just have faith.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited August 2015
    Kethaera said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Gonna go out on a limb here. Preeeeeeetty sure you weren't told to bring up "hey guys, let everyone worship whoever they want, not just foreigners we want to snatch up" by anyone. In fact, having seen the conversation before said post got made by you, you were warned about likely reactions and outcomes. So, yeah, don't go shoving the current poostorm Keth the character finds herself in off on someone else. No one, from the posts on court that I've read, has given you a bad time about playing diplomat.
    No, you really don't understand the issue, @Tarkenton. As @Celina was well aware- if you actually read her post, as I did- my intention was -never- to argue that everyone should worship whoever they wanted, but rather, the opposite. Celina, ironically, agreed with me, even though I didn't really agree with me. Celina, as frustrating as she can be both ic and oocly, really did get it, and I respect her a great deal after her last post. Her, I had(and have) no problems with.

For the second part- bullshit. There were hints mixed in to all that I couldn't be trusted because I was pushing for treaties with Celest and Hallifax, which I was TOLD to do. But the part of this that I objected to was not the arguments or the insults or the accusations of being a filthy moon-lover or whatever else- it was:
    1. Comments from non-Harbingers about guild politics 2. Being threatened with being enemied to a Glomdoring organization for the argument, and 3. The crap I've gotten about the treaties, and generally doing Ambassador stuff. None of those three things had ANY relevance to what we argued about, they were purely cheap personal attacks. I brought those things up with @Salome, she dismissed it, I got frustrated, accused her of not doing her job. She demanded that I say that openly to her on the court channel as opposed to privately, I did, I was disfavored for doing so. 

That's what I have a problem with, dear. I wouldn't accept a paying job where the management expected me to take flak for their decisions and then punish me for bringing it up. Also, it has been stressful. And right next door, in IRE terms, there are people who would really appreciate it if I spent more time in Aetolia, and seem *gasp* happy when I do. So... it's not a hard choice right now.

Edit: Nevermind.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Salome said:
    Celina said:
    Going to take the weekend, and maybe the week off to go frolick in the sunshine (aka drink on a bar patio) and be social. Playing a conflict centric character is fun (and my choice!), but having to constantly push to get anything done gets a little IRL exhausting. People (name unknown) revoking my Shadow Court privs (who knew clan probation was even a thing!) without explanation just kind of sucked the fun out of it for me.

So Lusty mini vacation time. I'll be about to check on my reports, but that's about it. Have fun, kids!

P.S. I'm still playing Dota 2 if anyone wants to join. I'm also still terrible.
    Hey, online mama, don't you fret about being put on probation. Just have faith.
    It's no worries! Just taking a break. I'll be back.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    On a Glom-politics unrelated note, I'm going on a (very) last-minute, spontaneous camping trip! I'll be leaving Monday, so I'll be fairly scarce until next weekend (possibly longer due to work). 

Rancoura in RL nature B-). Wish me luck!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    On a Glom-politics unrelated note, I'm going on a (very) last-minute, spontaneous camping trip! I'll be leaving Monday, so I'll be fairly scarce until next weekend (possibly longer due to work). 

Rancoura in RL nature B-). Wish me luck!
    Pictures worshipping Night at Night prz. Have a fun time!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Oh man, I didn't even think of that. Will do, miss! :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Kinda unexpectedly took a week off while I tried to clear my head of some things.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I've been horribly inactive as of late, only really playing one character full time and checking in on others. Ugh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I know the point you were trying to get across, and while you're free to go and post stuff and be subtle and so on, my post was pretty clear that Siam was not gonna stand for suggesting allowing Lisae in Glom, suggest all the gods you like but no. Not her. Not even when you're being clever. THAT was the reason for the threats of Night brandings. And no, I did not take the bait, because I went in and posted knowing full well what might happen. If my post, which was pretty clear imo, was misunderstood, then the fault's not mine. But I digress.

AAAAAnyway, I'll be on and off for a couple of days for a family emergency.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Losing internet for most of a week due to moving, so will be scarcer than usual.
  • Work crazy, grandmother in hospital, health shot from hazardous levels of forestfire smoke trapped in valley, may have to move in next two weeks.

I'm never going to get this dratted play staged. :(

Will be consistently available through messages and at random times, though probably for short periods. Will have erratic periods of more normal activity.
  • I'll be in North Hampton this weekend. Beach, sun, drinks, and every nuance of fabulous you can imagine. 

Gin is not fabulous. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Last minute course implementation into Blackboard is a go. However, perpetual loops of indecision (do I want to include this article or that one? wait, should I do this exercise in week one? is my late work policy too strict? ahhhh) are making this more difficult than it needs to be.

If you see me on Lusternia before Monday, promptly shame me.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lisaera said:

I'll be in North Hampton this weekend. Beach, sun, drinks, and every nuance of fabulous you can imagine. 

Whoops. Wish I had noticed this earlier!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Not absent as much as less visible. Carpal tunnel-like symptoms have gotten much worse and I'm banned from using my right arm. Woe.
  • Drocilla said:
    Not absent as much as less visible. Carpal tunnel-like symptoms have gotten much worse and I'm banned from using my right arm. Woe.
    Face roll your keyboard. It works for me!

Coyly, Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "SldkfjhlskjdhflksgLARHGHGKLELBSLEHARGHSDSTEING."

Drocilla, the Enchantress says, "...I mean, Magnagora is kewl."
  • So much to do, but unfortunately, I will be gone for the next week or so as I move cross country! Or at least, like Drocilla, less visible. See you all soon!
  • Hope the move goes well.
    Moves are stressful. I paid a company to move me like 500 meters from one place to another and I still lost 2 weeks of sleep over it.
  • So, after today, I really am taking a break for a while. Because of emotions and reasons.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Eliron said:
    Work crazy, grandmother in hospital, health shot from hazardous levels of forestfire smoke trapped in valley, may have to move in next two weeks.

I'm never going to get this dratted play staged. :(

Will be consistently available through messages and at random times, though probably for short periods. Will have erratic periods of more normal activity.
    Will now be gone until Monday because liiiiiife.
    Enjoying things IRL, who knew that was even a thing. Drinking, dating (unsuccessfully but it's the thought that counts), drag queens, and DOTA 2. Not really logging on. If you want to play DOTA with me, please let me know, otherwise I'll see you when I see you!
  • Celina said:
    Enjoying things IRL, who knew that was even a thing. Drinking, dating (unsuccessfully but it's the thought that counts), drag queens, and DOTA 2. Not really logging on. If you want to play DOTA with me, please let me know, otherwise I'll see you when I see you!
    Miss arguing with you, @Celina, but I'm glad you're having fun.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I'm doing the less-visible thing myself.  I can still be reached by messages and the forums and facebook obviously, but my logging in times are much shorter.  This is both due to a bit of boredom with the game (it happens to me sometimes, I go in cycles), and also because I will be starting school again next week - all of my classes are online so triple the normal work, yay!

You will have to find me before the start of next semester.  Most likely I will be cowering under a stack of papers and books beneath my desk reciting vocabulary and bits of obscure computer tech information.  Don't worry, I'll be fine, just give me tea and a cookie and stick me in front of Lusternia. :P
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Will be gone until Monday until I settle into my Uni life once more >>

SO MUCH WORK ALREADY

• Sedanas said:
    Will be gone until Monday until I settle into my Uni life once more >>

SO MUCH WORK ALREADY
    I head back to Uni in January. But I still have work SOON(tm). Good luck!
  • Off to Burning Man. 

5:45 and H, camping with Paradigm! Come hug the cook and I'll feed you whiskey!
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!