Absence Thread

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My computer has JUST NOW decided to be an asshole and die. Stupid cooling fan in the laptop not working, meaning it won't run. I'll be checking in but won't properly be in game until I get my replacement which should hopefully be a few days tops. SO annoyed. I need my fix.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Just finished the long drive south to visit family for a while. I'm going to be really busy the next week or so, and will be away from my computer. Will read messages, yadda yadda.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Depressed for some reason, not sure why. Makes me uninterested in just about everything. Will be back around when I work through whatever this is.
  • I am back from scienceland, and there is once more a king on the crystal throne chairman in Hallifax.  If you sent me anything Hallifax needs to address, you would not be wrong to send it again as I may well have misplaced things in the meantime.
  • So the people in building directly above me got a contractor who didn't know what he was doing and turned their water pipes into time bombs. They exploded friday night around midnight and my place is wrecked. Floors, walls, appliances and cabinets are all ruined.

I blame all of you!

Not sure how active I will be for a while.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Llandros said:
    So the people in building directly above me got a contractor who didn't know what he was doing and turned their water pipes into time bombs. They exploded friday night around midnight and my place is wrecked. Floors, walls, appliances and cabinets are all ruined.

I blame all of you!

Not sure how active I will be for a while.
    You don't need to blame all of us.  Just the Aquamancers.  Like Neos.
  • Need to step away. Hate everything/one. Need more cheese with my whine! Not enough cheese! Oh, and a little teeny tiny faeling violin! So need on of those!

Talk you in a few days loves!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited June 2015
    This should be interesting, given that all next week I'll be at a camp that has very little phone reception, so logging into Lusternia will be a feat.

EDIT: Clarification: Tomorrow, leaving for a vacation. Starting Sunday, will have very limited internet access and time to access it. Won't be getting back to civilization until the following Sunday. But! Will be doing my best to check in as often as possible.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I think I'm done. Thanks guys. It's been swell, but it's past time. Bye!
  • Been wrapping up a couple of work projects last few weeks. One more week and I should be relatively free for the summer, except teaching few stray classes here and there. 
  • And I am back, still hate everyone/thing. Deal with it.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    But I love you, Isluna. I've always loved you. I've loved you during your sweet times and your mood swings, your times when you feel like choking everyone in Serenwilde and the times when your upbeat nature spreads to everyone around you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Aww. I lubs you too Shaddus, and Shaddus alt number 140 through 147600. And I really missed Shaddus alt number 375.. So yummy!

Shaddus is safe from my wrath... He puts up with me enough as it is.

• edited June 2015
    Bhwamp. Ignore this.

• I'm working a double shift today so I might be checking messages from my phone but won't be doing much more strenuous than that. After I'm off I'm staying the night at my gf's then we're leaving the state for a 5 day vacation. To the people (you know who you are): I'm gonna do the thing when I get back.

HAIL SITHIS! Ah crap, wrong game.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
    I'm on the road again until the end of the week or so, after finishing up a vacation visit with my family. I'll be even more gone until then, but should begin being a presence again after that, once my fixed computer comes in.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    To perhaps the three people who might expect to speak with Daraius this weekend, don't be alarmed if I don't log in until Monday. I'm about to leave for Nag's Head, and while there will be Wifi, I'm going to try and be a good family member and do a few actual human activities I heard about like "mini-golf," "the beach," and "fresh air." 

If I'm not back by Monday I was eaten by a shark.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    To perhaps the three people who might expect to speak with Daraius this weekend, don't be alarmed if I don't log in until Monday. I'm about to leave for Nag's Head, and while there will be Wifi, I'm going to try and be a good family member and do a few actual human activities I heard about like "mini-golf," "the beach," and "fresh air." 

If I'm not back by Monday I was eaten by a shark.
    I'm only liking this because Ambassadog is on point, and I fan girl from afar.

I'm going to be leaving on Sunday morning for my staycay on the other side of Washington, where it's going to be so hot that I will come back looking like a lobster. If anyone needs me in those times, annoy @Tarkenton with your questions who will annoy me as he usually does.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    edited July 2015
    Back in my own house!... And my computer still hasn't even begun being repaired, they're still ordering parts. It's been three and a half weeks since I sent the thing off for repairs, and they've sent for parts four times now. Getting a little crazy.

• Enyalida said:
    Back in my own house!... And my computer still hasn't even begun being repaired, they're still ordering parts. It's been three and a half weeks since I sent the thing off for repairs, and they've sent for parts four times now. Getting a little crazy.
    Eww, hope you had a good time away at least!

• Bye everyone! Lusternia has lost its dazzle for me, so after almost 10 years of playing, I'm gonna do adult things and stuff :D You'll still see me once or twice to feed my mounts or to check on how people are doing, but I no longer count as an active player.

Bai felicia.

• The bosses at work has seen it fit to make me the stand-in for one of our supervisors while he's on vacations (the poor bastards have no idea what they've done). And, of course, this just happens to coincide with the busiest period at work. This means I'll basically wake up, go to work, come home and go to bed for the rest of the month, so little or no time for Lusty for me for a while.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I will be sparse all this week as my parents have come to stay and I actually adore them like crazy and will be doing the social thing and spending my time with them. I'll still be around and popping in here and there and checking messages, just not really playing for any decent length of time this week.

• Lavinya said:
    I will be sparse all this week as my parents have come to stay and I actually adore them like crazy and will be doing the social thing and spending my time with them. I'll still be around and popping in here and there and checking messages, just not really playing for any decent length of time this week.
    Let me fix this:

I will be sparse all this week as my parents have come to stay and I can't wait to make them babysit actually adore them like crazy and will be doing the social thing and spend time with my wine bottles and maybe the husband.  them. I'll still be around and popping in here and there and checking messages, just not really playing for any decent length of time this week because I'll be on the goon.
  • Busy with work at least this week, so will be scarce.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Hi! Got a new job(yay!) Stuck in a location without a stable internet connection until wednesday. We've been having typhoons and this inclement weather is bad for my internet dongle. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Hi! Got a new job(yay!) Stuck in a location without a stable internet connection until wednesday. We've been having typhoons and this inclement weather is bad for my internet dongle. 
    Oh? Gone for awhile are we, your Majesty?

Yes, yes, it's all coming together now.. Rest assured, Glomdorings MERCILESS JUSTICE  I mean "Rightful Duty" will be handled while you are away~ Sedanas is good like that!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    EYES AND EARS EVERYWHERE, MAN. EVERYWHERE!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I'm traveling for a work conference Sun-Thurs, so I will be scarce those days!