Simple questions?

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    How many points are on the Star of Celest?

From my understanding, the Star predates the aesthetic of 5 (the Supernals), and there are 9 beacons that you have to light to summon it. The events post (2) isn't specific, and the people I've asked have fluctuated between 9, 8, and 5. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • The star of Celest has 5 points. There are a number of banners within the Athenaeum that have the Star on them, and it's entirely clear that it's 5 pointed.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Does the floating ear travel power work in deep ocean as well as ocean?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Do you think the @Charites would let me get away with substituting something like "craftsloboshigaruship" for "craftsmanship" in the style of Dwarf Fortress?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Tridemon said:
    Does the floating ear travel power work in deep ocean as well as ocean?
    ???
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    With bodyscan agility in, I assume that right now bal/eq buffs stack to a maximum of 10/10 until the Artifacts come out?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited October 2015
    Portius said:
    Do you think the @Charites would let me get away with substituting something like "craftsloboshigaruship" for "craftsmanship" in the style of Dwarf Fortress?
    No just on the basis that it's an ugly-ass word. [-( Just say loboshigaruan craftsmanship!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Or craftsdogship.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    That's racist and I'm triggered. Just "loboshigaru craftsmanship" will do.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Craftspupship? Craftsmuttship? Craftspoochship?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Can someone please enlighten me what "auction artifacts" really are? I found an "auction" command but all it shows are , as far as I can tell, people who have sold their artifacts? helpfile's not helping. :-/
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Auction artifacts are certain artifacts that are only available for one particular auction. Of course, there have been auction artifacts that have become regular artifacts, if it's proven to be highly desirable.

• Eodh said:
    Auction artifacts are certain artifacts that are only available for one particular auction. Of course, there have been auction artifacts that have become regular artifacts, if it's proven to be highly desirable.
    There are also auction artifacts that have appeared in multiple auctions (I think the lv4 crit rune, for example, has shown up a few times). At least I consider those auction artifacts. Censer used to be an example, but is now goop-buyable.

It's basically an artifact that has only appeared in auctions.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Thanks!

Still not sure how you get notified about things up for auction, though. As said 'auctions' seem to show stuff from the past ?

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    edited October 2015
    Worry not! It's a big admin-driven event, not an ongoing thing that players engage in. When there's an artifact auction coming up, there's plenty of news posts and promotions surrounding it.
    I used to make cakes.

• I think we haven't had an auction for well over a year at this point, though, so don't hold your breath for one (sadly :( )
  • Does anyone who has done Scourge side of the Aetherepic recall what bubble is next on the list after Xion? After doing Xion and handing the item over, I wasn't given any further info, no responses to any attempt at interaction, nothing at all. I feel like Aetherepic bugs get locked in a chest and launched into a vortex in voidspace never to be seen again :(

But, I figure maybe if I just do the next bubble in line, it'll notice I did Xion and go 'cool here you can continue!'
  • What is the actual purpose of the LIBRARY LOG that includes when books are checked out from other libraries? Or am I confused, and thinking that the other part of the library that is not having to do with publishing is that one?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I don't think library log includes books being checked out from other libraries? My perspective on it might be warped by Hallis just tending to check out a ton of books in general, though, so other org's checkouts might get lost in the heap. I think it only shows books that are checked out of your own library, though. I was certainly shocked by the amount checked out by Halli when I got the log, but it bore out as accurate when I questioned people. Nice feature for keeping track of which books are popular for writing things that people like, either way.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    We see lines like:

2015/10/20 13:44:33 - A new book #14096, entitled "Hunting the Mountains of Madness", has been added to the library as a literary book.

Which are distinct from:

2015/09/30 02:31:02 - Book #145973, entitled "The Art of the Lower Wards", has been published.

The former, as far as I can tell, is a successful publication from another org, while the latter is one of ours. All the checkouts I can see are certainly just our citizens.
    I used to make cakes.

• How's the combat here now? It's been a long while since I've played, and sometimes things change!
  • Agreement on the whole, just that 'added as a literary book' is any attempted publication, successful or otherwise. Checkout reports are definitely library-specific. The easiest way to tell is the fact book IDs are included and also wildly inconsistent between libraries.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Rami said:
    How's the combat here now? It's been a long while since I've played, and sometimes things change!
    We are still in World War 1.

Trenches and prepared defenses will rule all.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Why are some areas in the game (long released) not in the downloadable map file? Is this a thing that is done on purpose? Should it be bugged?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Why are some areas in the game (long released) not in the downloadable map file? Is this a thing that is done on purpose? Should it be bugged?
    I don't know the answer to your question but its worth bugging it with some of the names of maps that aren't available so someone can take a look!

• I think it has to do with flags being set. Basically, the area is connected and everything, but it's not flagged as completed, thus not showing up in the XML map. Some areas simply aren't mapped though (a simple MAP should determine if it is or not), and some areas are apparently left out on purpose (some temples etc), but yeah. I've bugged the "new" area (can't remember the name), but it's still sitting as classified.
  • edited October 2015
    If it's not some special place or maze/etc that makes sense not to be mapped, I've been told in the past to bug it so they can add it to the xml.

I believe one issue in the past was that there was a second xml source (not the lusternia.com/maps/map.xml one) but I forget what the url is/was for that.

Hope that helps...
  • edited October 2015
    I'm talking about the Emerald Enclave.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Is it possible to explore the entire ToT map?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    We missing any of these descs?

"hair54425"                             dark fur in a feral mane
    "hair59941"                             luminous sidereal head feathers
    "hair126517"                            lustrous, shadowy mane
    "hair174448"                            luminous sidereal head feathers
    "hair174717"                            absinthe green horns orbited by drunken fae charms
    "hair218790"                            cascading, fiery red curls
    "hair154727"                            posh rolled-back blond ombre updo
    "hair159375"                            lustrous, shadowy mane
    "hair161709"                            downy, dove-grey feathers
    "hair162523"                            serrated onyx spires beset with dark turquoise inclusions
    "hair164124"                            coiled horns of bloodied hues

"goatee43179"                           frosty blond two-braid goatee
    "goatee80785"                           sleek chestnut goatee
    "figurine89162"                         a figurine of Ironbeard the Magnanimous
    "beard70143"                            scraggly red pirate beard
    "moustache133811"                       thin delportian moustache
    "goatee151428"                          black three-braid goatee
    "beard168802"                           salt and pepper scruff beard
    "goatee90757"                           sinister black moustache with a curling goatee
    "beard79428"                            scraggly red pirate beard
    "beard159255"                           venerable beard of immaculate silver
    "beard163172"                           jagged beard of frigid onyx