General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Shonjir said:
    Dissatisfied with so much being classified by the Board of Directors in Hallifax. There have been several instances when the details of events have been classified so anyone not on the BoD is left with... nothing. Take the Guardian project, where Ieptix created several rooms for the event and these were immediately declared classified and no one but BoD members allowed a glimpse inside. I feel that this sort of stuff is not made just for your exclusive enjoyment yet that's how it seems you are treating it. All the hard work admins go into making events, items and areas and you exclude everyone not on the BoD from enjoying or even experiencing it.

Telling me the solution is to get myself on the Board is not really cool :(

Yes, it is technically 'a' solution but it doesn't resolve the situation.
    I haven't fully played in Hallifax for a while, and it's not really the thread for this. But the first thing that came to mind was the clearance levels in SH.I.E.L.D. I think the whole "That's Classified" thing suits Hallifax to some degree but having varying levels of information available based on clearance might be something interesting to play with and something you could talk to the other players about.
  • Oh, such a great end to the night. Customer calls up with five minutes til we close, they get upset about that then ask "What is airplane mode? Should it be on or off?"

So I start answering the first question and they get snappy and just want a yes or no answer, so I say "No, unless you are on an airplane" they hung up after the no. >_<
  • can you release it OOC on the forums? @Shonjir

this way everyone gets to enjoy it without compromising the RP hallifax has. and should anyone be unwise to drag that information IC they can be hauled off for questioning by the ministry of peace.

is dead like the dodo
  • edited December 2015
    Shonjir said:
    Dissatisfied with so much being classified by the Board of Directors in Hallifax. There have been several instances when the details of events have been classified so anyone not on the BoD is left with... nothing. Take the Guardian project, where Ieptix created several rooms for the event and these were immediately declared classified and no one but BoD members allowed a glimpse inside. I feel that this sort of stuff is not made just for your exclusive enjoyment yet that's how it seems you are treating it. All the hard work admins go into making events, items and areas and you exclude everyone not on the BoD from enjoying or even experiencing it.

Telling me the solution is to get myself on the Board is not really cool :(

Yes, it is technically 'a' solution but it doesn't resolve the situation.

Shonjir, I can't speak for anyone else on the board, but I really, really try to get people involved when stuff is happening. I pulled people into the BoD clan during the event based on any justification I could manage to scrounge up. I delayed taking actions during the Dream Sculpture mini-event to try to maximize the amount of people we could get to show up for each stage of the construction when the guilds had to take turns helping build the device.

I can only do so much.
  • Why am I every year fooled into letting myself get convinced that celebrating christmas with the family is a good idea? It isn't. At all. Why do I keep letting myself be dragged back into a scene that does nothing but break me down further?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Why am I every year fooled into letting myself get convinced that celebrating christmas with the family is a good idea? It isn't. At all. Why do I keep letting myself be dragged back into a scene that does nothing but break me down further?
    You can come spend Christmas with me! My Christmas will likely boil down to A) dog petting, and B) food eating. Possibly also C) Christmas candy eating.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    So... you do not consider Christmas candy to be food?
  • I added in the "possibly" since some people might not. But yes, a large portion of my calorie intake will likely come from chocolates, nuts, marzipan and almond paste. Also, gingerbread (which is a totally valid kind of bread).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Almond paste?
  • Yep. Grind up a bunch of nuts with a pestle. Nuts have a bunch of oil. Or use a food processor. People argue over adding exogenous oil.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I drove 12+ hours to the ancestral manse with my trust canine sidekick, and slept in the car to avoid having to leave her in the garage room alone after so much travel. This is going to be a tough holiday season for various reasons.
  • Almond Paste

Not sure how else to describe it, really. The closest parallel to draw would be to marzipan, but it's softer and a bit chunkier.
  • I absolutely hate christmas, I don't understand why anyone would ever enjoy this holiday, and I hope everyone who causes any sort of grief in retail ends up dying in a horrible tragic accident before they see their families
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Having worked retail plenty before Christmas, I disagree. Customers are a plague that require extermination.
  • Emeldia said:
    I absolutely hate christmas, I don't understand why anyone would ever enjoy this holiday, and I hope everyone who causes any sort of grief in retail ends up dying in a horrible tragic accident before they see their families
      why do they have to die? can't they just get like .. horribly maimed or something? :(

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This is such a rough time of year for so many people. This is our first Christmas we're celebrating together since my godfather's passing, and it's hard not to feel a somewhat somber tinge to the events. I think it's just one of those things that can only get easier with time, but for now, it's difficult. Some of his kids are still so young. So I guess that's my dissatisfaction.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited December 2015
    I was searching for an old design in my cartels and I keep coming across designs from people who no longer play, have died, or just plain old disappeared. It makes me miss them :( Why can't they come back for the christmas events!  :((   

• Ssaliss said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Why am I every year fooled into letting myself get convinced that celebrating christmas with the family is a good idea? It isn't. At all. Why do I keep letting myself be dragged back into a scene that does nothing but break me down further?
    You can come spend Christmas with me! My Christmas will likely boil down to A) dog petting, and B) food eating. Possibly also C) Christmas candy eating.
    Sounds like fun.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • comcast is stupid
    they did away with our unlimited internet and throttled back our speed because we keep going over the new data cap of 300gb
    ugh

• Yarou said:
    comcast is stupid
    they did away with our unlimited internet and throttled back our speed because we keep going over the new data cap of 300gb
    ugh
    I thought they were just billing for extra? Sucky either way though, our ISP situation is practically criminal
  • Acrune said:
    Yarou said:
    comcast is stupid
    ugh
    I thought they were just billing for extra? Sucky either way though, our ISP situation is practically criminal
    probably their way of doing christmas bonuses smfh

• Yarou said:
    comcast is stupid
    ugh
    Now that's some bullshit. They charge you a stupid amount of money anyways, and then instill data caps because "some people use more internet than others".

Internet access isn't like fuel in a gas tank, it's like the road. And for the most part, that road was paved decades ago! Total garbage.

The only way to get around that cap too is to pay $30 extra for "unlimited" internet access.

• Havastus said:
    Yarou said:
    comcast is stupid
    ugh
    Now that's some bullshit. They charge you a stupid amount of money anyways, and then instill data caps because "some people use more internet than others".

Internet access isn't like fuel in a gas tank, it's like the road. And for the most part, that road was paved decades ago! Total garbage.

The only way to get around that cap too is to pay $30 extra for "unlimited" internet access.

I pay something like $85 taxes in for 30 mb down, 10 up, unlimited usage. I don't wanna hear it. :P
    ________

Fuck Christmas. I fucking hate Christmas. It's not the most wonderful time of the year, it's a fucking bullshit time of year. 
  • yeah and ofc my family is going to go over the data cap because we're a family of ten. all of my siblings have ipods, laptops, iphones, ipads .. four brothers and five sisters, there's no cutting back on our internet usage.

• I don't know why so many of you use comcast