Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Designing food makes me hungry :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Nienla said:
    I feel like if nearly half of the denizens inside organizations are not allowed to be killed because they're part of collegium quests, you might as well just make them immortal if you're going to give them that kind of immunity. It's one thing to attack denizens inside the collegium itself, it's another to kill a nexus keeper because one organization has poor guard structure.
    WHO is saying this?
    OTHER than YOU?
    Is ther an Envoy report or something?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Shaddus said:
    Addendum: as sad as this sounds, today's events gave me a reason not to retire someone.
    No retire him.  He offers too much

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:
    Addendum: as sad as this sounds, today's events gave me a reason not to retire someone.
    No retire him.  He offers too much
    WHo?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:

Nienla said:
    I feel like if nearly half of the denizens inside organizations are not allowed to be killed because they're part of collegium quests, you might as well just make them immortal if you're going to give them that kind of immunity. It's one thing to attack denizens inside the collegium itself, it's another to kill a nexus keeper because one organization has poor guard structure.
    WHO is saying this?
    OTHER than YOU?

The administration did in a response to something.
  • Nienla said:
    Tylwyth said:

Nienla said:
    WHO is saying this?
    OTHER than YOU?

And the appropriate way to handle that is to e-mail support with why you feel that response was wrong, not come to the forums to try to win the argument in the court of public opinion.

• edited January 2016
    Zvoltz said:
    Nienla said:
    Tylwyth said:

Nienla said:
    WHO is saying this?
    OTHER than YOU?

And the appropriate way to handle that is to e-mail support with why you feel that response was wrong, not come to the forums to try to win the argument in the court of public opinion.
    Not really trying to win anything. I've already taken the appropriate steps to obtain clarification and get another answer. What I was stating is that it's a slippery slope and given that conflict is a contentious subject right now, it's relevant to the community. This is why I posted it on the forums. Whether or not people agree with me is largely irrelevant. Edit: And if I'm frank, a borderline aggressive assumption on your end.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2016
    You're arguing that making non conflict mobs like Rowena and Kunthin immune to death, who only die once in a blue moon and only to people who are taking advantage of low defenders and not actually engaging in any form of meaningful conflict is slippery sloping into negative game wide changes to conflict?

Ironically, that's what's called a slippery slope fallacy. There's not correlation between these mobs and overarching conflict concerns. Changes to these mobs address a specific concern that has been raised about the newbie experience and retention and almost exclusively only affects them. 

Obfuscating legitimate conflict concerns like raid penalties and supermob strengths with complaints about Meleris the Pool Boy and your related dickery with him is not a debate in the interest of the game nor the community as you are arguing.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Will the help files for the new artefacts be coming in soon? The weapon one still shows puissant knight, after all.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kind of a dick thing to do to kill collegium mobs or nexus keepers (especially since nexus keepers are also a part of collegium)

Why even do that
    People do dick moves all the time. It's nothing new.
    edited January 2016
    I've killed Meleris. It's a dick move, albeit fairly inconsequential. I don't care about that part. 

However, as someone who has pulled many a dick move, bitchmoaning about enforced changes as a reaction to you being a dick are not indicative of anything regarding the conflict system (what's mind blowing is Nienla apparently acknowledges it's a dick move and still takes issue with changes as a result.) . They are resolutions that favor the many over the few in specific scenarios. Making Meleris immortal changes literally nothing about the conflict systems, and there's zero precedence citable that indicates it'll somehow slippery slope into peaced prime territory or prime orgs being invincible sanctuaries.

When you are acting in a manner that is intentional in its effort to avoid meaningful conflict, and simply to be a nuisance, you do not get to wax poetic about the allegedly heavy handed admin ruining conflict. 

You weren't looking for conflict by killing Meleris in the first place. It's really simple. 
    edited January 2016
    God, it's like Arcanis and the elders all over again. Don't be Arcanis.
  • Spiking the football is to erect a statue of yourself at the opposing nexus @akyaevin

(qualifies for the extra point)
  • Celina said:
    God, it's like Arcanis and the elders all over again. Don't be Arcanis.

im right here hag

enjoying the warmth of my ravenwood kindling.

Yes. There you are. Unfortunately. 

• Celina said:
    Yes. There you are. Unfortunately. 

Here, you could use more of that drag makeup of yours.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-07/1/16/enhanced/webdr10/anigif_enhanced-324-1404246462-100.gif

Helps cover up what shouldnt be seen.
  • I'm laughing so hard right now. This is why I love @Arcanis and @Tremula.

I mean, that drag queen reference tho. A+++. I don't care who you are, that shit was funny.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Well, we'd gone such a long time without you two acting like idiots to each other. I suppose it had to end eventually.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited February 2016
    Sorry care bear, didn't mean to make you cry. 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That awkward moment when you typo a command and it reveals you're snubbed and didn't know it.

• Falmiis said:
    Does every interaction with a god feel like your character is doing nothing but babbling as you frantically try to come up with something to type that isn't completely dumb? Because that's exactly how I just felt.
    Yes. And it doesn't go away even if you become a God.
  • I'm too confident(read:much of an asshole) to be nervous around the gods.
  • Yeah, I got to talk to Hoaracle and my mind just like... went away with the fae >_<
This discussion has been closed.