QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Did you find Alien?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2016
    Yea, like... why is that an exact replica of a facehugger?

Also what quest is that? Asking for a friend.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    It's the first half of Cyaethl. I think you need to repeat it six times to unlock the second quest that actually has an honor, but I'm not sure. Have not done it enough times yet.

It's a baby cave-fisher going all parasitic wasp on a thingy, by the way. Slivven reproduction is less gross, bizarrely enough.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I'm just saying, Lusternia I love you, but that's not an original concept, honey.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• >Not original concepts

Cthulhu
    Feyranti manor being Umineko no naku koro ni
    Gnomes
    Dwarves
    Orcs
    Etc etc goes on and on
  • Is the manor straight up seagulls? I never paid all that much attention. Unless you mean in the sense of a bunch of youngins trying to be the one to inherit the old man's estate.
  • Yeah, down to the names of the servants being minorly changed names of characters - there's a Ronove up there iirc
  • ...did everybody miss the lobstrocities? That's straght out of Steven King. 
  • Guys, if we start making a list of things that came from other sources we'll fill up pages faster than a grammar 'discussion' on Tweets. Quotes please thanks
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I started playing Lusternia before reading the Dark Tower series, so when I got to the lobstrosities I was all 'Hey! Lusternia got it from here!'

• Lavinya said:
    I started playing Lusternia before reading the Dark Tower series, so when I got to the lobstrosities I was all 'Hey! Lusternia got it from here!'
    Is making it through Dark Tower worth it? I barely had the patience for things half explained 300 pages after being first mentioned in the first book.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I enjoyed the series, myself. But I'm a sucker for sci-fi, fantasy, and westerns. Combining all three? Yes please.
  • Janny Wurts does that.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Riluna said:
    Lavinya said:
    Is making it through Dark Tower worth it? I barely had the patience for things half explained 300 pages after being first mentioned in the first book.
    Personally I really enjoyed it, it's one of my favourite series and I enjoy Stephen King books in general, but it's not to everyone's taste.

• Riluna said:
    Lavinya said:

The entire series? Eh. Honestly I think King's best work was in the 70-80s, his short stories and reportedly the more recent 11/22/63. I stopped reading the Dark Tower series after The Drawing of the Three. The novels he finished after his accident...reportedly were less than good. Still though, the first book The Dark Tower has a certain archetypal resonance that penetrates into your bones. I recommend everyone read it even though the series gets progressive more disjointed and unfortunately a bit boring. King wrote in an interview the (opening) for the Dark Tower was inspired by seeing (iirc) The Good The Bad and The Ugly on a Drive in screen. At the time I believe he was super high and he said he was captivated by this gigantic black barrel of a gun on screen and he wanted to capture that image in text, the grand myth of it. In that, I think he was completely successful.
  • Steingrim tells you, "Yeah you came quick from behind. Great job."

Das wut she saaaaaaid >.>
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Shuyin said:
    Doing the griefer thing in Muhanlesh:

You follow Archmage Falmiis Shevat southeast to an arcane room of mirrors.
    A gaseous cloier emits a strange scream and charges at Falmiis.

A gaseous cloier lashes out at Falmiis with a well-placed attack.
    A reflection of Falmiis blinks out of existence.

You say, "Watch out, don't walk us into the cloier." <-----1s too late

You say, "Dang man." <---stating the obvious

*I mention the situation over a clan*

(XENTHOS): Xenthos says, "Lol."

Xenthos has gruesomely expired, lungs liquefied from the proximity of a gaseous cloier.
    You see the death occur at by a stairwell cut into the wall.  (10693)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Caverns of Muhanlesh.

I said "lol," then Falmiis fell into the pits right at me.  I stood there typing out "tell Falmiis Okay, get out of here, I'm not laying any more pits because Sojiro told me the cloier was after you".  The cloier came in just before I was going to hit enter, and boom.

I pretty much told both Falmiis and Sojiro that I deserved that one, but I didn't want to participate in Avenger-avoidance by Falmiis dying to the cloier in one of my pits, so I wasn't too upset about taking the death instead.  :)
  • I am reminded of those larger than life paintings of the ayatollah Khomeini paraded around a riot, but instead with Lavinya's Icon.
  • Salome was slain by Viravain (Victim had 25% the might).

The first part doesn't really need context, but the second? Mind. Blown.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited February 2016
    Gaudiguch): Talan (from the Aetherways) says, "You need a seal first, Chirbo. Which are you going for?"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Wait....I want my name to be Sirloin."

(Gaudiguch): Avestan says, "Ha!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Um...what's left."

The Nine Seals:
      Chaos      : Held by Ixion
      War        : Weak
      Justice    : Weak
      Nature     : Weak
      Knowledge  : Weak
      Beauty     : Weak
      Life       : Weak
      Death      : Weak
      Harmony    : Held by Talan

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Oooh."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "I can take....death. I'm pretty scary."

A ripple of alien amusement permeates your perceptions, whispering across your mind in a brief murmur of words from a language you do not know, and senses you do not possess.
  • Might is simply lessons learned in any skillset, nothing too crazy since Elders can have tons of skillsets active at once beyond what we can.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I would love to see any god show their AB where they have every single skill trans at the same time.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."