Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Gaudi put out two books recently, too. Pretty good ones at that. I dunno if they're going to keep it up, but it's a good sign. I like the competition, anyway.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • What is the significance behind the "Nitraedes" name?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Most recent publication is Nitrae, featuring a main character of the same name. Nitraedes is one form that a patronymic indicating descent from Nitrae could take in Greek.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Even though she isn't around as much @Tekora is still one of my favourite people.
  • Falmiis said:
    Even though she isn't around as much @Tekora is still one of my favourite people.

Next few months at work are gonna be busy as hell. I'll still be around when I can though!
  • DGT (Dat Glom, tho) <3  

(And our fiery and tainted allies, of course!)
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    More cool cats in Glomdoring. @Sikris @Xanward

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Who knew PK could actually be exciting and fun! I want to thank @Aeldra @Taevyn @Yarith @Barrin in particular who I have had the pleasure of fighting with, or have volunteered me to fight with and provided a stressfree and fun interaction with combat and made me feel good about what I can accomplish. :D
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • Yay for Mag!  <:-P <:-P <:-P
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Kilee for being the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Please keep playing and get into combat as much as you want, and keep up with that beautiful roleplay of yours. So many raves. Just...so many.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    @Kilee for being the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Please keep playing and get into combat as much as you want, and keep up with that beautiful roleplay of yours. So many raves. Just...so many.

Your numbers today are:
  • Silvanus said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2543
    Date: 2/4/2016 at 0:41
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Villages

When a village revolts it becomes an open PK zone. It was possible to
    create a meld stretching from outside the village on both sides. This
    made the meld unbreakable without going into the PK restricted zone and
    opening yourself up to avengering. I've made that no longer be possible:
    your melds can no longer cross over the boundary of a liberated village
    and outside a liberated village.

Holy shit. I figured this was a feature and not a bug. Amazing change.
    This may be the easy fix, but I don't think it is the best fix. Would it be possible instead to just make it that if any part of a meld is in enemy territory it can be broken without declaring? Why? Because it happens elsewhere besides villages.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Steingrim said:
    Silvanus said:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2543
    Date: 2/4/2016 at 0:41
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Villages

When a village revolts it becomes an open PK zone. It was possible to
    create a meld stretching from outside the village on both sides. This
    made the meld unbreakable without going into the PK restricted zone and
    opening yourself up to avengering. I've made that no longer be possible:
    your melds can no longer cross over the boundary of a liberated village
    and outside a liberated village.

Holy shit. I figured this was a feature and not a bug. Amazing change.
    This may be the easy fix, but I don't think it is the best fix. Would it be possible instead to just make it that if any part of a meld is in enemy territory it can be broken without declaring? Why? Because it happens elsewhere besides villages.

If someone is melding in enemy territory and then sticking break points in non-enemy territory - you should be able to hit them in enemy territory giving you the auto-declare to then break for free. So I'm not sure that's an issue. Strategic breakpoints is all part of the strategy.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • am with @Lavinya on this,

major raves @Ixion, I could not have gotten as far as I did without him. I decided last night I was going to try harmony for the first time so had very little time to prepare. Also @Shago and @Marcella there at the beginning keeping me nice and safe. I am sure others were involved in the background that I didn't see, thanks everyone!

I learned a lot, I will defiantly be more prepared next year and not be deciding the night before, 'oh maybe I can do this!' :p
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Glad you enjoyed yourself @Arimisia. I think at this point I'm washing my hands of Ascension events, because that was possibly one of the worst experiences I've ever had and really did nothing to encourage me to want to participate in Lusternian events in the future. Good luck to any Mag participants going forward, but I will make sure to be scarce during the posted Challenge times from here on out. :)

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I've always been a firm believer that Ascension events are meant to test your composure under pressure and not just how well you do at X thing. Shame though, maybe next year.
  • So proud of @Lavinya!  She did so well!
  • Shuyin said:
    I've always been a firm believer that Ascension events are meant to test your composure under pressure and not just how well you do at X thing. Shame though, maybe next year.
    Raves for the voice of reason.....Shuyin

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Oh and also for @Talan, @Arimisia, @Lavinya, @Vladimere who showed their metal and kept their composure.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I think @Esca's giving it a bad rap because not all the challenges are like that. I'd love to have him around during Knowledge or Nature for example because he can help or compete being an armchair veteran. Justice, too. Not every seal challenge is going around ganking everyone.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    harmony and death (and to a lesser extent I think nature and life) are very open to interference, and thus highly stressful. It's definitely not all like that though, and supporting is vastly more fun than competing. I usually get really uptight and stress when things don't go to plan, and precious little went to plan today, but amazingly I kept my cool. I'm so raving for myself being calm for once.

• Lavinya said:
    harmony and death (and to a lesser extent I think nature and life) are very open to interference, and thus highly stressful. It's definitely not all like that though, and supporting is vastly more fun than competing. I usually get really uptight and stress when things don't go to plan, and precious little went to plan today, but amazingly I kept my cool. I'm so raving for myself being calm for once.
    Raves for a calm @Lavinya.  I barely got punched at all.

• Shuyin said:
    Shame though, maybe next year.
    Nah.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Falmiis just you wait until Nitraedes gets up there. /brandish
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited February 2016
    Nerd Clique gonna take over
This discussion has been closed.