Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Maybe someone just wanted the honours line!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    In other news raves for @Allyrianne and @Daraius for theater shenanigans. It's on like Donkey Kong.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • This play is delightful. Also watching @Syalndra and @Daraius be adorable in character and with their characters in character at once is a lot of fun.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    @Ieptix and the report updates.

Even if he is so, so cruel to me. 
  • edited February 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Nienla said:
    Maligorn said:
    Um...it wasn't spite that motivated us. But gg on that forum RP.
    You know, the only one who takes any of what I do (or even perceives it) into an OOC manner is you. Nothing personal, but you really should work on that.

Nienla said:
    Sylandra said:
    I c u stirrin' dat pot.
    S'what Nienla does. Creating rifts, spreading dissent, and practicing subterfuge like a proper follower of Night.

Though really, it's a conflict quest and if Celest agreed upon it, cool. If they didn't, they'd have a legitimate reason for being irritated with Hallifax.

Edit: As we all said with the Portius Nature Seal drama: IC actions have consequences.
    You've got to be shitting me. You're stirring the pot on the forums like your character would do. That's called forum RP.

The delusion is real.
    You should probably step back a bit. This isn't the first time that you've (wrongly) accused me of bringing IC into OOC and vice versa. I have no history of metagaming or being incapable of distinguishing between the actions of my character and my opinions as a player, which is what I'm citing as I did with what happened with Portius during Nature. You tend to get overly defensive when anything happens involving Hallifax and you did the last time Nienla raided as well (which was when you accused me of getting IC/OOC mixed up) because Nienla had no interest in talking with Maligorn afterwards and kept it short and curt. This is the last time I'm going to entertain a response for you as it is derailing the thread, but you really should knock it off and stop trying to slander me as a player because you're upset.

Edit: @Stratas: The South crowned Thoril to begin with and I know, as a player, that Hallifax/Celest knew this way after it happened. Maligorn just thinks I have some kind of ulterior motive when all I'm saying is that it is actually Hallifax participating in a conflict quest against Celest rather than before when I crowned Thoril.
  • I am more confused that she got a love letter as a reward?
    DId anyone else notice that?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• It's an ikon
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Tylwyth

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
    |                                a love letter                                |
    | Village Life                                                    common prop |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Initiative: 4               Cooldown: 0 turn(s)                    Power: 0 |
    |                                                                             |
    |           It has a 50% chance to block your opponent's character.           |
    \-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Kiradawea said:
    Oh shush guys. Let Tylwyth think that Thoril's got a thing for me. ;))
    ACtually I thought it was the valentines day quest thing.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• @steingrim HAS FED MY ADDICTION TO BOOKS
  • Marcella said:
    @steingrim HAS FED MY ADDICTION TO BOOKS
    Wait those were books I was smuggling? /facepalm
  • Azula said:
    Despite the brewing shitstorm in Celest due to certain individuals, all it takes is one nice, promising novice to turn my frown upside down!
    I thought shaddus didn't play celest
  • Chirbo said:
    Azula said:
    Despite the brewing shitstorm in Celest due to certain individuals, all it takes is one nice, promising novice to turn my frown upside down!
    I thought shaddus didn't play celest
    That joke is so old, it's legally allowed to drink.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Azula said:
    If it's Vasharr, he's good people. Be nice to him.
  • @Vasharr does seem to have some wit to him.

• Oh, I know @Vasharr, and he is extra nice too. But he is not the one I am specifically referring to here. So we lost two and gained two. I suppose it is a nice day after all.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Celina said:
    Raves for @Gaudiguch's system of rewards. I don't know if it's all @Steingrim or a long standing practice, but he does a great job of using city credits to benefit everyone rather than just mass sales every blue moon. 

The city, for all of its flaws and shortcomings, does by far the best at rewarding its players for participating in any way than any other org I've seen. It's a constant, ongoing, small reward system that looks like it really helps players trying to build up their characters.
    I have to second this. I've played everywhere, and I can safely say that Gaudiguch definitely has the best rewards system. 
  • Hallifax has a great reward system for books/stage but it's almost non-existent for anything else. Aeden has been giving out Institute credits for those who have contributed to some of the Trials, but that's really not the same as being able to READLOG HALLIFAX and seeing people actually being rewarded.
  • @Celina The rewards are nice, but there's always room for improvement. Up until recently, the library rewards have been terrible. I'm sure there's other things that could use rewards too, and all the current rewards for power, defending/domoths/revolts/etc., were put in place mainly because people put the idea forward, so I definitely encourage everybody put their ideas forward to Steingrim if they have ideas for more or better rewards.

As for credit sales, the yearly raffle (aka the thing two north of the flame nobody seems to know about) was actually intended as a replacement for credit sales altogether. The initial plan was to have names inserted into the raffle for every cityfavour or instance that deserves a cityfavour or by recommendation of the Council for any extraneous deserving acts, and three names would be drawn out of it each year. The idea was that it gives everybody a chance for those credits regardless of who they are, and it acts as a reward for helping the city. Steingrim still does this, but I have no idea if it's being used fully since I'm unsure if he's being messaged full lists or just the folks with cityfavours. CHELP LOTTERY has more details.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Falmiis said:
    Hallifax has a great reward system for books/stage but it's almost non-existent for anything else. Aeden has been giving out Institute credits for those who have contributed to some of the Trials, but that's really not the same as being able to READLOG HALLIFAX and seeing people actually being rewarded.
    Davos's combat preparedness program has some pretty generous rewards for some fairly simple tasks. Maybe that could stand to be promoted more.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • @Celina Mag's credits work the same way.
    Well sure, that's good too. I'm sure nobody's going to balk at a proposal to give more concrete regular participation awards. Just saying we have something in place that's not promoted/taken advantage of.
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Totally on board with having a better rewards system in Halli for non-culture stuff. (Psst @Phoebus, you should totally leak the Gaudi rewards system so we can steal it. ;;) )
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Daraius said:
    Well sure, that's good too. I'm sure nobody's going to balk at a proposal to give more concrete regular participation awards.
    Maybe I'm just skeptical but I can totally see such a proposal being lost to Hallifaxian bureaucracy.
    I'm thinking of the handful of people who have a say in approving something like that, and I really can't imagine it being denied. I can't think of a time when any "let's reward our citizens more generously" type proposal was shot down. Pitch it and see what happens.
    I used to make cakes.

This discussion has been closed.