Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Late congrats to @Falmiis for winning a seal and not giving in to despair.

(Mine is still prettier >:) )
  • This new nice Arcanis is really throwing me off man.
  • Chirbo said:
    This new nice Arcanis is really throwing me off man.

I sympathize with the pains of Ascension, along with Kethuru tentacle bites concealing 90% of the body.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Lag combined with highly neurotic results in a whole lot of nothing being accomplished when I try to send commands.  :-w  I hate wild nodes even when I'm not lagging my butt off.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Ugh combat is so frustrating atm.
  • What a monumental waste of time on my part. GG to @Vladimere for at least trying to make it fun for me and @Phoebus.

@Yehn for bringing us platters for extended geomeld fights.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2016
    Fun Wildnodes! The come from behind victory. 

Glad the North came to play, you got me good a couple times.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm not likely to be around to accept my Beauty Seal. I hope it doesn't automatically go to the runner up. :-<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    I'm not likely to be around to accept my Beauty Seal. I hope it doesn't automatically go to the runner up. :-<
    Mr. Presumptuous Pants.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Here's hoping it's a forged item of wonderous beauty (probably not).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    Don't worry, I'll let you hold my Beauty Seal after I win it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I personally like to think that they had already decided to give it to me but had to do some last minute judging to give it to someone else instead.
  • *Insert presumptuous remark over how obviously my design was best here*
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    *insert reply to Kiradawea in a a snarky but jovial tone"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I made a script to scan the politics news and print out summaries for elected positions. Currently skimming through the output looking for anything interesting.  

Also there's a weird gap between 2005 and 2008 where there are no election results in the news?
  • Lehki said:
    I made a script to scan the politics news and print out summaries for elected positions. Currently skimming through the output looking for anything interesting.  

Also there's a weird gap between 2005 and 2008 where there are no election results in the news?
    I would be interested to see that dataset once it's all compiled and organized.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Lehki said:
    I made a script to scan the politics news and print out summaries for elected positions. Currently skimming through the output looking for anything interesting.  

Well, darn. This was on my list of projects to do manually, for interest's sake, which I was going to post a link to on the forums at some point or another. Beaten by automation once again :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There was a time when for at least some of us, elections didn't show up in politics posts. Or it might have been the other way around... it might have been that whenever there was a Serenguard election one, there'd be a "new" Serenguard news post, but when you tried to read it, it would claim it didn't exit. A day or so later it would just disappear.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Well done to those who placed in the Beauty Seal. There were some amazing designs! 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    The Elder Scrolls nerd in me is very pleased that there is a @Mjoll running around with the title "Dragon Slayer".

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Everiine said:
    There was a time when for at least some of us, elections didn't show up in politics posts. Or it might have been the other way around... it might have been that whenever there was a Serenguard election one, there'd be a "new" Serenguard news post, but when you tried to read it, it would claim it didn't exit. A day or so later it would just disappear.
    The gap also exists in the Hartstone news, so I'm assuming it's everybody that had the problem. Going to try and see if I can figure out the gap for ours just by reading news posts and looking for mentions of people contesting or winning.

@Havastus there's more I want to set up to be able to better parse some of the data, but I could get a minimally formatted summary organized by tomorrow probably. :D

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Really can't wait till ascension's over. It's been just generally sad to watch and participate in. I guess I would've been better off just not logging in for six weekends, or at least that's how I feel right now. Which makes me sad.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Dylara said:
    2016/02/28 15:44:39 - The House's eyes are raised as its honour improves: Nienla's assault on the astral plane during wildnodes is the topic of village gossip.

Lets all gossip!
    Rabble rabble rabble?
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aeldra said:
    Really can't wait till ascension's over. It's been just generally sad to watch and participate in. I guess I would've been better off just not logging in for six weekends, or at least that's how I feel right now. Which makes me sad.

You should talk to @Falmiis. There is a positive attitude on this that people can benefit from.

PS: For the sake of full disclosure I recently learned that apparently Falmiis is Xenthos' grandkid, but I have previously given kudos before I discovered this information.
    @Xenthos I vague-posted intentionally because I was not looking to step on anybody's toes. am more frustrated that so many are frustrated instead of being 'heck, let's pull through this, we'll show them'. Just count it as a momentary rant, please :)
  • It's okay @Aeldra , Ascension can be a pretty brutal time for whichever org (or side of the alliance) that is currently not dominating. I remember my own ascension events where I was basically pummeled into the ground repeatedly simply because my org at the time was not the strongest. All you can do is try what you can.
  • edited February 2016
    As @Arcanis said, Ascension is really the toughest time of the year. It's when the mentality of winning at all costs comes out for people. The notion of e-honor and fair play generally go straight out the window.

It's rough, but don't let it to deter you.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2016
    Faalmis is part of the Xenthos regime. I knew it.

People, more than anything, get dramatic over Ascension. You're going to get out of it what you put into it. If you're only having fun because of winning, then it's less about ascension and more about attitude. 

By any honest measurement, Glom should have lost Wildnodes by a mile yesterday. I didn't join because I thought we could win, and as the only Gaudi involved, I had literally nothing to gain from it. I joined to have fun, because the worst that could happen is show up on deathsight and I lose a little essence. I still died, and I still had fun, and Team South pulled out a victory. Ascension is no different. 

If you go into it thinking it's a waste of time, then it'll be a waste of your time, but that was your decision to make it so.
    @Celina my post had not in one moment or in any second to do with 'winning'. not sure where you got that. Unless you were not responding to me. oh wait, nienla's post maybe?

For me, I simply wanted to make air to myself that it really saddens me that people feel so dragged down while we actually do make progress despite the odds. Maybe should've put it in raves instead and made a rave out of it for actually making progress despite people perceiving things as dire.

confused me is confused.
This discussion has been closed.