Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nerf @Rancoura
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    If I never died, I might agree. But I die plenty :P

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Yarith said:
    This whole north/south thing is getting old. 
    Forced alliance change rp event please come soon
    We had hai'gloh and that went well.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2016
    From what I've seen, strict authoritarian style leadership of the SDs actually relaxed under Siam and Salome.
    Yeah. I decided to approach it differently because I took over GM when Glom had very few people(early 2015). I mainly wanted to attract prospective members using the other aspects of Night rp. Granted, if there were some naughty guild members, things would have gone differently.

edit:

Okay. This is probably late but I feel like I have much say in the recent SD drama.

1.) The goal of shifting roles around this time was to ensure that the SDs have an active GC as opposed to the GM and GA actually retiring.

2.) One merely has to read the old news posts in the guild to learn that this has been done before. Why? Because the Shadowdancers is one of those guilds whose membership is very fluid. We get high highs and low lows. To address this, the approach was to make sure that we strike the balance between having all able-bodied members had access to necessary mechanical perks and that capable and willing individuals take up leadership positions. As an example, we've always spread around security privileges even to semi-combatants so we'd have a nice spread of people with access to discretionaries.

3.) Now. This tweet: Now, I'm going back to interrupting the status quo of contesting only when told I can. I think it's completely uncalled for. Now I realize that there was no open call for other interested parties for the elections, but they were never discouraged in the first place. This is a bit of an oversight on our part because this was a rushed decision(anda  rushed news post as Salome explained). As of the moment we only have 2 people(who are usually around at the same time) who has access to the Nightspirit logs and these two are the ones who can grant amnesty/enemy/unenemy to Night. In fact, I can't even take the GA position because I'm the Ysav'rai family rep. So there is one position that's really open for everyone. We just haven't gone around to posting about it yet. I just wish we don't make assumptions off the bat. After all, we all still have to work together to constantly improve the guild regardless if we're guild leaders or not.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited April 2016
    Poor Ecology, apologies for the harsh reaction. Bug 14655 please.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited April 2016
    Bug 14655 please. Apologies for the reactionary criticism, I just don't like being stuck dead while the place I was defending is being attacked.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited April 2016
    Ulalah said:
    She's certainly not acting like an adult, so who knows. This is my cue to take a break from Ulalah. Toodles.
    NOES! I's forbids it! Ou must ComeToGlomfor hugz&kisses&whippings*!

*for morale, of course.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    1044h|18%, 4300m|100%, 3300e|100%, 10p, 100w%, 100e% @beastex- Stanza: [@stanza] <34.91m>
    With a sudden lurch, the world around you becomes a blur as your body stretches and lengthens into
    its familiar timeless demigod shape. Your time as a toad has ended, though the troublesome craving
    for flies lingers.
    8300h|100%, 9300m|100%, 8300e|100%, 10p, 100w%, 100e% @beastex- Stanza: [@stanza] <34.91m>(+7256h,
    87.4%, +5000m, 53.8%, +5000e, 60.2%)  (41.312s)

Not every day that happens. Phew.

• Maligorn said:

Not every day that happens. Phew.
    Still counts as a death in terms of your DEFs[meaning you have to DEF up again....].
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

@Maligorn yes, you are one lucky duck. Fortunately for you I haven't learned to track toads yet.  :(

Before an earthly flight

• @Rancoura the shoe prints on the back of Demartel, in the last few days, beg to differ :P
    Well, Maligorn was lucky enough to move before he got squashed! Then I went the wrong way, fumbled, and that was that.

Before an earthly flight

• Xenthos sure does. There was one time when I got toaded in the middle of Faethorn but somehow escaped all the way to the Seren archway and stayed there for a while before Xenthos crushed my body, along with my dreams and hopes of actually staying alive. :(
    I remember that. And I still got mad at Xenthos for stealing my toad, heh.

Before an earthly flight

• Xenthos said:
    People actually showed up to defend against an absolve!  Hooray for fun. :D
    Fun is fun! Have fun, no matter what fun happens.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • As someone who has ran their fair share of Cities and Guilds in their IRE career....
    Everything everyone is saying constructively is spot on, dont get discouraged and dont let the text get you in the feels, as hard as it is sometimes the conflict and struggles in leadership are some of the most amazing opportunities for development and creating an image be it on an organizational or character level.

Upon joining Lusternia I read through the forums alot after being gone from this game for about seven years and genuinely forgetting anything or how to even play my old character I created Scanlan, it all started coming back to me and I saw alot of apprehension or fears with some of these guild changes incoming as well as some grand scale combat changes, and trust me I know its hard I have been through it in other games, but it will make things good as long as you retain established identity of who you are as a character and what your organization truly represents, I see many people working hard to develop strategies and while it seems like the weight of the world is on the shoulders of so many GM, GA and GC right now, you definitely cant let that discourage your RP and development, because what will ultimately undo the shift when the transition comes is those who stagnate and become apathetic over those who are constructive and ambitious and that -will- show in the end result.

So for those who are working hard and maintaining that RP and not trying to find a status quo, you all get my rave today...
    To those who are saying it does not matter, because there is a change coming...it will matter for certain for the health of organizations to continue working despite the OOC knowledge that change is coming, and will make your organizations stronger in the end afterwards.

I dont see a ton of naysaying and what I generally do see in Glomdoring is positive as well as with the people I do discuss things with in other Orgs, but I also do hear some of the horror stories and I would rather think they are exaggerated but after 15 years of IRE I kinda know better as well, they likely are truer than not...

EDIT: Now I put it in the right thread, need to get used to these forums
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The world can always use more Daraius fanart.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylvanas said:
    For once in my life, my Artisanal for the month is done well before the last day!

Whoa, the month's only like, half over, slow down there.  ;)) I usually submit mine in the last few minutes before the deadline.
  • Phoebus said:
    Sylvanas said:
    For once in my life, my Artisanal for the month is done well before the last day!

Whoa, the month's only like, half over, slow down there.  ;)) I usually submit mine in the last few minutes before the deadline.
    This month's is a bit arts and crafts-y and is composed of 6 separate but related projects.

I'm not expecting much but it was fun!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Well well.. I guess we still do have immaturity and poisonous assumptions. Its just a domoth/absolve, it matters not the time, place and numbers, just enjoy the game and not be pricks about it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aeden said:
    Well well.. I guess we still do have immaturity and poisonous assumptions. Its just a domoth/absolve, it matters not the time, place and numbers, just enjoy the game and not be pricks about it.
    Doesn't it?  Tell me which was more fun; the absolve attempt during prime-time when it was a gamble and not a foregone conclusion as to what would happen, or one early AM when it's just "sit there and yawn"?  I know you guys have people who complain about boring domoths, but they're only boring if you choose to make 'em that way! 

I mean, these domoths (Beauty & Knowledge) flux in 3 days anyways, might's well make 'em enjoyable. :)
  • Because of that absolve I didn't have time to upgrade Nature and now it has dropped to sceptre. Sadness :(
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited April 2016
    Aeden said:
    Well well.. I guess we still do have immaturity and poisonous assumptions. Its just a domoth/absolve, it matters not the time, place and numbers, just enjoy the game and not be pricks about it.

I know right? Totally a poisonous assumption to expect the same people that raid and pick fights when it's easily in there favor to also fight when it's not in their favor. What this game needs is more fair-weather fighters so we all just sit around and do nothing all day. /sarcasm

Edit: Oh, immaturity also, I mean, we're totally the ones that are always 'bonds this', 'greywhispers that', 'so and so should be banned because they're too good', 'I abused bugs because I can't learn my class', 'symphonium is useless without any way to strip metawake', 'hallifax NEEDS a mana kill for group synergy, but gaudiguch can't have an ego kill because one tert moved from mana to ego.' The list goes on and on. Look in the mirror, not through the window (and before anyone says it, I already do, that's why we win :) )  

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited April 2016
    Fun fact: Aeden used snub to get in a last snide remark after he scried me a few times and I sent a pretty benign tell saying I wasn't raiding anymore. But just enjoy the game and not be pricks about it. Practice what you preach, and don't call people names a :)
  • Synkarin said:
    Aeden said:

I know right? Totally a poisonous assumption to expect the same people that raid and pick fights when it's easily in there favor to also fight when it's not in their favor. What this game needs is more fair-weather fighters so we all just sit around and do nothing all day. /sarcasm

Edit: Oh, immaturity also, I mean, we're totally the ones that are always 'bonds this', 'greywhispers that', 'so and so should be banned because they're too good', 'I abused bugs because I can't learn my class', 'symphonium is useless without any way to strip metawake', 'hallifax NEEDS a mana kill for group synergy, but gaudiguch can't have an ego kill because one tert moved from mana to ego.' The list goes on and on. Look in the mirror, not through the window (and before anyone says it, I already do, that's why we win :) )  
    You're not exactly expressing maturity here. Just saying.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • I'd be keen if chemwoods got instakills and Aerochem's was mana based. I'm just saying

As for my proper tweet, a thousand curses to the Institute and Symphonium for getting all our novices these days. :(
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synkarin said:
    but gaudiguch can't have an ego kill because one tert moved from mana to ego.'
    You really need to stop pulling this card. I don't really care that Gaudiguch has an ego kill; what I do care about is that your instakill rewards failure. Instead of having nothing happen except wasting 5p when you drunkenfool someone, you get a blackout, an ego drain, and no power lost. I know how much you rag on about rewarding failure, and so this strikes me as the most hypocritical thing you could've done for Minstrels.

IJS.

This discussion has been closed.