Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• That post essay high though.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Synkarin said:
    Aeden said:
    Well well.. I guess we still do have immaturity and poisonous assumptions. Its just a domoth/absolve, it matters not the time, place and numbers, just enjoy the game and not be pricks about it.

I know right? Totally a poisonous assumption to expect the same people that raid and pick fights when it's easily in there favor to also fight when it's not in their favor. What this game needs is more fair-weather fighters so we all just sit around and do nothing all day. /sarcasm

Edit: Oh, immaturity also, I mean, we're totally the ones that are always 'bonds this', 'greywhispers that', 'so and so should be banned because they're too good', 'I abused bugs because I can't learn my class', 'symphonium is useless without any way to strip metawake', 'hallifax NEEDS a mana kill for group synergy, but gaudiguch can't have an ego kill because one tert moved from mana to ego.' The list goes on and on. Look in the mirror, not through the window (and before anyone says it, I already do, that's why we win :) )  

How is it you keep getting away with these awful posts? Can you stop poisoning the forums? - On behalf of those of us who have to suffer reading these posts over and over.
  • That's never gonna happen.
    See you in Sapience.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It's only poisonous because people are fragile and can't handle their own faults. Which is to say it really isn't poisonous at all, just blunt and untactful and offputting.

During the Bonds thread, there were several people (at least 3) who said they have alts on both sides and consistently see the exact kind of things I mentioned on the reg with a certain side and not so much on the other side.

But you're right, I'm the poisonous one because I don't dance around delicate feelings of certain individuals.

PS: @Maligorn - use your head and think for 2 secs why having a skill that causes blackout may be useful for Minstrels and you'll realize that it's not reward for failure, it's a skill with dual purpose.  IJS.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You're the poisonous one because you're acting like an outright jerk about things. You and all of the people who do the same thing.
    It's like you didn't read my post where I just said that...

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ulalah said:
    It's one of those things where we'll just have to ignore people who act that way. If you don't feed the trolls, they eventually starve
    I'm going to be honest, this has never been true. You need to actively punish, shun, and ostracize trolls. If someone's behavior is unacceptable and negatively effecting a community you can't just ignore them. I mean, you as an individual may be able to but the group won't. Someone is going to respond and get dragged into the fight. Instead of ignoring them pay attention to them and shout them down. The majority needs to be louder then the vocal minority.
  • Synkarin said:
    It's like you didn't read my post where I just said that...
    No. You flippantly replied that you're the bad guy because you don't dance around feelings. I don't dance around feelings, but I'm not a jerk. There's a big difference between being an outright jerk who doesn't contribute to the community in a positive way and being bluntly honest without sugar-coating things. It's poisonous because it negatively impacts the people who aren't part of the argument, and makes the community look bad by shrugging off the things you say that make you look like a complete arse. When new people look at a forum and read posts, do you think they're going to want to stay where people like you and the others who are way too negative about things plaster it everywhere?

Hint: They aren't.

We're all adults. Let's act like adults, remember this is just a game, and stop being so blatantly unpleasant about this North/South dynamic and the combat-related rage.
  • edited April 2016
    Hint: They do. Not everyone is that dramatic and sensitive. See: Achaea. At the very least, he's not going around accusing people of not contributing to the community in a positive way just because his tone gave you the sads. For someone who just told someone else off for being a "jerk," you should be more careful with comments like that. The bulk of the PK community uses a system he maintains on his own for no reward. Your comments regarding his contributions, and the repeated name calling, are inappropriate.
  • Tbh, Achaea's at a much healthier place than Lusternia in almost all aspects.
    See you in Sapience.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If you think this is toxic, I am not really sure what to tell you. People are people; we are never going to agree on everything. Someone is going to post things you don't like. You are going to post things they do not like (pretty much everyone involved in this discussion has things out there that have caused a kerfluffle, some even in just the last few days). That is fine, to me; we are adults, after all, and can handle a conversation with people who are not in lockstep with our own thinking.

Players of the game have every right to discuss the game on the forums about the game. They can say what they like about it; equally, they can say what frustrates them. Unless it involves an issue or personal attacks, at least (the issue one frustrates me at times).

Incidentally, that also means you have every right to say you don't like what they are posting as well, but it does not make what they are saying any more "poisonous" than your replies / your own comments elsewhere. As long as you are not breaking forum rules it is legitimate conversation. If you are breaking forum rules, then you will get warned / dealt with.

The admin do a pretty good job at ensuring we don't see real toxicity, like the comments section on a news article or a 4chan or whatever chat. I am perfectly fine with not going there.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm going to log into an admin and close this thread if you people don't chill out.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2016
    This thread.

Hipster Espurr is not amused.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Synkarin said:

PS: @Maligorn - use your head and think for 2 secs why having a skill that causes blackout may be useful for Minstrels and you'll realize that it's not reward for failure, it's a skill with dual purpose.  IJS.
    Yeah, I'm not convinced. It's an instakill that, unlike almost any other instakill in the game, has a "dual purpose" and doesn't waste power when you fail to meet the requirements of the instakill. It's a crutch, it's a reward for failure, and I really can't value anything you say when you envoy so irresponsibly and counter to what you say you believe in.

Here's a list of instakills that waste power and do nothing to the victim when you fail to meet the requirements:

TK Heartburst

TP Mindburst

Aero Miasma

Celestialism Absolve

DW Eternalsleep

Aeonics Timequake

Pyromancy Cremate

Any warrior instakill

Wicca Toadcurse

Paradigmatics Illuminate

And the list goes on. Why does Drunkenfool get to be so special?

It gets to be special because I envoyed it to be special and it was accepted by the admin after they agreed with the arguments I presented in report 1340 (which address your current argument btw). I know you're hurt that I called you out on your own hypocrisy but I'm not going to rehash this with you because it's been hashed out already. You can call me irresponsible if you want, but it really doesn't matter to me.

And was that you being honest without sugar-coating @Ulalah? because that sure seemed like a blatant personal attack rather than what I wrote, which was just quoting past excuses and complaints people have voiced all in the concern of 'balance' but really because they lose and can't figure out how to get around it. Very very different there. A theme I backed up with references to another thread in my 'flippant shrugging off.'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    So everything that gets accepted and argued out by the admins is okay. Great.

Stop complaining about Miasma, then, or Celestialism Shackles.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Look, I know you are being pedantic and arguing to argue.

But absolutely nothing is like Celestialism shackles. That is an aberration that should've never occurred, destroyed any credible faith left in the envoy system and completely alienated other envoys. They also went and ignored the other half of the report for the Nihilists, and completely ignored my envoy suggestions.

And there has never been anything similar to what happened with Shackles, nor has it been fixed (nor have the Nihilists pacts been fixed since).

Clearly there is a divide that you are unable or unwilling to see and that is why Synkarin has been such an ass to you.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited April 2016
    No, clearly Synkarin advocates for the admin and their right to rule, so if he believes Drunkenfool is in the right because of their approval, then so is Shackles. Sorry 'bout it.

EDIT: Disclaimer: I don't like Shackles either, but I'm making a point.

DrunkenFool went through the process.

Shackles process was a sham.

If you are arguing that the entire process has been a sham, I will agree with you. Envoys are a joke.

But Shackles was not Envoyed. It was strong-armed with the backing of Kelly, was supposed to involve both the Celestine and Nihilist report, but ignored the Nihilist side entirely.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Also, protip, DrunkenFool isn't special.

Wrack doesn't take power when it fails.
    Your point seems a bit weird, given that his thing went through the normal envoy process / discussion and Shackles did not. He did not say everything the Admin decided was okay. He said that he thought Drunkenfool is okay because it went through the full process (note that he also references the envoy report and the discussion therein). The two did not go through anything even remotely resembling the same process, so defending one cannot be considered a reason to defend the other.

Randomly asserting two disparate things are equivalent does not make it so. Sorry 'bout it.
  • Ulalah said:
    It's one of those things where we'll just have to ignore people who act that way. If you don't feed the trolls, they eventually starve

That's why people keep bringing it up. They're hungry.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    edited April 2016
    PS: I think both Preserve and Gore are instakills that do something when they fail, no? I also have it in my head that there is at least one more out there, but its name is not coming to me right now.
This discussion has been closed.