Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2016
    @Tarkenton was it not you who won a dragon gauntlet in more recent auctions? It's happened more than once (including a lot more recently than Drayl in 2011). 

EDIT: Yeah, looks like it was Morkarion I was thinking of, weird. Sorry!
  • Boy this thing exploded. ^v^
    See you in Sapience.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited June 2016
    Psst. There's a thread for this.
  • Yea, it got some people real fired up.
  • It set of a real firestorm
  • Better be careful though, sometimes conflict like this can make people burn out.
  • At least it sparked some interest.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Silvanus said:
    Fire.

Icy what you did there.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    The sad pathetic ego of a person it must take that quits family before retiring a character.

How bitter can you get.

I hope I shinkick your new character, wherever it is @Tesla @Alinore

I see you didn't quit D'Cente before retiring Alinore.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    No offense, but let's not do that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've yet to get a curio piece from cooking or sewing (despite having artifacts) - pretty sure my success at getting jewellery curios will be just as non-existant.

• The announce post appears to suggest that at transcendent the chance is 5%.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Okay, it looks like I might need to consider a custom pet at last, after years of getting by with my trusty eagle and mammoth. Adding another 200 trains for beast focus messes up my set up, and buying kikikorus are simply uneconomical.

Oh well.

• edited June 2016
    Hmm...

are there maybe any... once you have demi, any suggestions for stuff to work at? Not like... political positions, but core game stuff...

beep
    beep
  • Completing all the achievements.

Demigod powers.

Curios.

That'll keep you busy for maybe the next century or so.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yehn said:
    Hmm...

are there maybe any... once you have demi, any suggestions for stuff to work at? Not like... political positions, but core game stuff...

beep

Raising a family.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited June 2016
    meep

beep
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Yehn said:
    Hmm...

beep

Raising a family.
    I hear there may even be a Shevat or two looking for a match. But you know what they say about trusting the rumor mill.
  • Yehn said:
    Hmm...

beep
    It depends on what you're interested in.

If you like questing:
    - Get all the village honour quest lines (maybe skipping kingmaker and Acknor)
    - Do all 5 Voice quests 
    - Collect as many quest reward lore books as you can.
    - Complete Aetherbubble epic quests
    - Get all the travel curios from the Wayfaire quests
    - Get all the Vernal curios from vernal quests
    - Get all the Soulless curios from Soulless quests

If you like grinding:
    - Get the essence to get a second tradeskill
    - Join a cult and offer tons to try to get the cult leader and rest of the cult more abilities.

If you're interested in writing:
    - write something that you can perform on the stage or publish
    - write something that can win prestige
    - write enough to join Hallifax's artist and scientist thing

• Yehn said:
    Hmm...

beep

If you like questing:
    - Do all 5 Voice quests 

If you like grinding:
    - Join a cult and offer tons to try to get the cult leader and rest of the cult more abilities.

What are voice quests? And what quests give lore book rewards?

Not sure how many more of the aetherbubble quests I can solo... but maybe if I can find a friend to help...
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    Yehn said:
    Hmm...

beep

If you like questing:
    - Do all 5 Voice quests 

If you like grinding:

What are voice quests? And what quests give lore book rewards?

Not sure how many more of the aetherbubble quests I can solo... but maybe if I can find a friend to help...
    Each of the bardic voices (except Crys in the Symphonium) has a smallish quest associated with them, and you don't need to be a member of the guild to do them (except maybe Jagrerox? His is the only one I haven't done. It might just require dark essence). Gullagumbah's is the only one that gives an honour line (I think), but they're all really cool lore-wise with information about the Vernal period or the Elder Wars. Trialante's includes information about the Sileni race, Rhapsody's gives you a book. If you ask Allyrianne about them ic she'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

Note that the lore books do decay after a certain point, but you can get a bookbinder to copy it (I think). Off the top of my head I know that Rhapsody's quest gives a book, the Ice Ange/Forsaken big quests give books. I think Morn'hai gives books but I think those might not be doable just now. The Scorpion quest in the Skarch has some pretty cool journal entries, although that's not one I've completed myself.
    I've never actually done Trialante's quest. I do know that Rhapsody's (Cantor) actually requires a Cantor to finish. Gullagumbah's can be done by anyone, but you need to have decent influence skills, a way to get around Prime quickly, and patience. It rewards you with a nondecay (NOT RESETTING) cup that gives you RP when you sip from it.

• Shaddus said:
    I do know that Rhapsody's (Cantor) actually requires a Cantor to finish.
    Are you sure?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    It's been a while, but I'm about 95% sure you have to use the Cantor emote at least once, if maybe only to get some extra visions at the end.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I still think Rhapsody's is one of my favourite Celest-y lore quests. The Flock of Miracles is, frankly, really damned cool as far as it relates to being the 'Doing Good Because it is Right' kinds of stories, and it gives us a glimpse at what it took to raise a Vernal God.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    How to spend  1 1/2 hours to make rabbit stew in lusternia.

- Have two guild leaders decide they want venison.
    - Frankly refuse to take Serenwilde deer.
    - set out to hunt deer
    - realize there's no deer you can find.
    - seek deer in Serenwilde.
    - find no deer in Serenwilde.
    - Settle for rabbit stew. Kill a rabbit and make a fuss about a poor dead rabbit ( welcome to Aeldra ;-) )
    - Be interrupted by a few novices ( you were all very welcome! :-) )
    - Finally find the kitchen
    - Start cooking rabbit stew. Realize the rabbit decayed
    - Go back out of the kitchen to hunt another rabbit.
    - 1 1/2 hours later, you have your rabbit stew.
    #justLusterniaThings

I just had to share this because I laughed so much about this right now, simply because there was another thing after another that went wrong and it was all pretty hliarious and fun including a fun novice asking questions! :-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There are deer in the Glomdoring and the Tar Pits.
  • And I do believe you guys have a quest that lets you come rescue your deer from Glomdoring. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

This discussion has been closed.