QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A piece of cursed treasure tells you, "Why does everyone else have the nice toys? You should have the nicer toys."

Haha!  I also laughed at this.
    Hoaracle said:
    Oof, you all are so trigger happy. 
    I pushed the boulder, a Goldenclaw popped out, announced that it was going to attack me, and then attacked me.

That does indeed trigger murder-response-for-all-Goldenclaws-on-sight. :D
  • edited June 2016
    Crouching slightly, you wrap your arms around a wild node, beginning to heave upwards at it while attempting to mentally disrupt its power flow.

Eistel arrives, following Falmiis Shevat.

With a final heave, the wild node breaks free of the ground, making an odd humming noise as you pick it up.
    Cyna has uprooted a wild node in the Astrosphere of Gemini.

You run into a network of rainbows, the light and colour confusing you and making you disoriented.
    You are afflicted with confusion.
    The raging blizzard prevents you from using your map.
    A crumbling staircase.
    Tiny points of black and white energy float through the air as they filter out from a shield shrine of Zvoltz nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. A blizzard rages here. A blizzard obscures the rest of your vision.

<At this point everyone is attacking me, and I run the heck away>

You fling your Hermit tarot to the ground. Upon contact, it explodes in a great flash of technicolour light.
    You vaguely make out a large, square doorway of light and you step through it.

You give a wild node to Drill Sergeant Rolsand, Recruit Second Class.

(Combat Clan): You say, "Rolsand has it."

(Combat Clan): You say, "I don't want it."
  • edited June 2016
    Corissai Shee-Slaugh, Storm-Caller says, "The Glomdoring of today is not the Glomdoring of the past.  Ever-changing are we."

You say, "As it should be not like that STAGnate forest of Serenwild."

Corissai Shee-Slaugh, Storm-Caller says, "It has some redeeming qualities. After we visit, the place is full of bleeding harts."

edit: no clue how I got colors from copy pasting... but ok
  • Makaela said:

edit: no clue how I got colors from copy pasting... but ok
    It's because of how the coding works, you can remove it by hitting the show source button, it's on the upper right with red <> on it. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Xenthos said:
    A single tear drops from Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan's eye as he stops his own heart, slaying herself instantly.

So... which one is it? Both, neither?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Quit trying to explain their gender in a binary system, Ssaliss.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • From an exchange earlier. :ar!

13) Tremula: "// I JUST WANT TO SIT IN PRETTY GLOM SPACES, YOU PEE KAY MENACE." 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Memo to self! Converty makaela's mom to Glom ideals asap so she can sit in all the pretty glom spaces all the time
  • Shaddus said:
    Quit trying to explain their gender in a binary system, Ssaliss.
    01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01110010 01100101 01110100 01101100 01111001 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100111 01101110 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101110
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Xenthos said:
    A single tear drops from Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan's eye as he stops his own heart, slaying herself instantly.

So... which one is it? Both, neither?
    That was more of an accident of the programming (but also an accident of the event going in a different direction than expected :D). 
    If you have your event NPCs go aggro on us, you should expect us to want to murder them! I feel that one was pretty obvious. :P (But hey, we have to keep you folks on your toes, right?)
  • @Kregarn's Love Advice: "The lesson for you two, Makelwyth, is don't let @Xenthos snipe your corpses."
  • Oi!!  This ship sunk right?  I mean just because Twylyth happened to receive a wedding cake while we were all debating it over clan does not mean the ship has set sail???
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Don't worry, he has to approach your mother and ask for your hand.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    And then fight for it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Luce said:
    It's so much easier in Hallifax. You approach Sylandra, she schemes for a while, then you wake up one day at an altar with Jadice or Zvoltz pronouncing you married.
    I need this.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sylvanas said:

Luce said:
    It's so much easier in Hallifax. You approach Sylandra, she schemes for a while, then you wake up one day at an altar with Jadice or Zvoltz pronouncing you married.
    I need this.
    In the immortal and indelible words of Shaddus: "How you doin'?"
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Salome tells you, "//Really long and beautiful room description."
    You tell Salome Shee-Slaugh, Mother of Monsters, "// I LOVE IT."
    Salome tells you, "//I got Tarkenton's manse in the divorce."
    Salome tells you, "//So I'm making it a place of BROKEN MEMORIES OF LOVE."

You tell Salome Shee-Slaugh, Mother of Monsters, "// Turn it into Beast's castle."
    23:17:14 [H:100%|6800][M:100%|9300][E:100%|8300][p:10( 83)][12.15m][Nun][0 corpses]lrex
    Salome tells you, "//Aka The Beast's castle."
    23:17:16 [H:100%|6800][M:100%|9300][E:100%|8300][p:10( 83)][12.15m][Nun][0 corpses]lrex

(timestamps included)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

• Tremula said:
    Salome tells you, "//Really long and beautiful room description."
    You tell Salome Shee-Slaugh, Mother of Monsters, "// I LOVE IT."
    Salome tells you, "//I got Tarkenton's manse in the divorce."
    Salome tells you, "//So I'm making it a place of BROKEN MEMORIES OF LOVE."

You tell Salome Shee-Slaugh, Mother of Monsters, "// Turn it into Beast's castle."
    23:17:14 [H:100%|6800][M:100%|9300][E:100%|8300][p:10( 83)][12.15m][Nun][0 corpses]lrex
    Salome tells you, "//Aka The Beast's castle."
    23:17:16 [H:100%|6800][M:100%|9300][E:100%|8300][p:10( 83)][12.15m][Nun][0 corpses]lrex

(timestamps included)

A tale as old as time.
    Beauty and Maurice.

Excuse me, you know I'm not that fat.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Oh I thought you were the beast.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Semi-related, this Nigel Thornberry gif always kills me:
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."