General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I just find it so hard to land the insta kill once I reach a high level of wounds.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Have you perhaps considered it's not supposed to be guaranteed that you kill everyone you try to kill?
  • But the thing is I'm losing to monks that are only 30 percent of my might.
  • Phoebus said:
    Have you perhaps considered it's not supposed to be guaranteed that you kill everyone you try to kill?

If bashbrain isnt suppose to work then I completely confused on why people would add it to the skillset.
  • edited June 2016
    Putting brainbash aside  I cant see any other way a bonecrusher could kill someone.
  • edited June 2016
    BC is one of the better knighthood specs and I'm convinced you can pull of brainbash solo, having seen Kelly and Ixion pull it off. Granted this was before dendroxin/calcise were changed. 
    There aren't all that many people running around with knighthood and it's harder to get proper advice because of that. Where there's a will there's usually a way. Eventually.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • But Ixion and Kelly probabaly have runes that are helping them with the blackout and wounding while I'm only using my hammers.
  • Just a few minutes ago I had tarkon with critical head and chest yet I still couldnt land it.
  • The thing is people are constantly landing their warrior insta kill but its only because they're fully geared and above an average fighter.
  • edited June 2016
    While runes are very helpful, I don't think there's a skillset which requires runes to pull off ever since knighthood was overhauled. Posting logs of your own experiences will probably help you a lot more than describing any concerns you might have. If you're finding BC stressful then try a caster type which has no gated requirements|progression on hits. If lessons are a problem then monks are .. well.. They're monks. You're pretty much as deadly as you're going to be with trans monk spec alone.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited June 2016
    I just flexed into BC and spent the last half hour testing. There are at least two strategies that could land a bashbrain, without runes. Your mileage may vary depending on who you are fighting (better fighters know how to parry and heal better)

Edit::

Also, Instakills are not designed to be easymode for below average fighters (using your words here). They require prep, chasing parry, and more prep. They are not simply "get limb to critical and hit IWIN button".

Having said that I will play around with BC for a while and if I see glaring issues I will try and get them worked on.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm going to go completely the other way with this.

I don't know how much you've invested in Rolsand, but maybe you should shelve him for a while. Store your stuff, and don't log into him. Make an alt that ISN'T A WARRIOR IF YOU'RE TOO POOR TO BUY RUNES, and don't tell anyone who you are. Start completely over, and just work your way back up. I'd suggest bard or mage, personally.

After a while, decide if you're still interested in playing Rolsand or if you like this new character better. In fact, if you do this, I'll buy said character one of their 1000 lesson packs next Thursday to help them out.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I can't make an alt it feels like I'm abandoning Rolsand who's my first ever mud character. 
  • And especially since I hate bashing it'll take me a while to get back up to my current spot.
  • edited June 2016

Demartel said:
    I just flexed into BC and spent the last half hour testing. There are at least two strategies that could land a bashbrain, without runes. Your mileage may vary depending on who you are fighting (better fighters know how to parry and heal better)

Also, Instakills are not designed to be easymode for below average fighters (using your words here). They require prep, chasing parry, and more prep. They are not simply "get limb to critical and hit IWIN button".

Having said that I will play around with BC for a while and if I see glaring issues I will try and get them worked on.

Before the overhaul being a warrior was something that was manageable and comfortable even if you didn't buy credits. How come warriors now can't even stack wounds now or even get glimpse of their insta kill line?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2016
    Rolsand said:

Demartel said:

Before the overhaul being a warrior was something that was manageable and comfortable even if you didn't buy credits. How come warriors now can't even stack wounds now or even get glimpse of their insta kill line?

No, you're wrong here. Before the overhaul, there was tremendously massive gap between fully mix/maxed and artied warriors and every other warrior. To the point where nerf after nerf after rework went through to fix problems at the upper end that relegated un-maxed warriors to the dung heap against semi-competent enemies. A few of those issues still exist, but they have been shrunk incredibly. 
  • edited June 2016
    Even if you weren't fully loaded you would still be able to land your insta kill and get deadly locks like slitthroat which would help a lot in group battles and solo.
  • To land your insta kill now you would need a beast that spits poison, runes and a bunch of credits for your skills.
  • I'm not saying that that the old warriors dont need credits but I find that an average warrior back then would have a greater chance in a solo battle then the current ones.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    All I'm saying is you can keep spending time complaining that you're not having fun, or you can be proactive about your enjoyment in Lusternia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2016
    Tbh I really wanna have that great feeling of being good in combat and becoming a demigod thats strong but since I plan on quitting in about two years I don't think I can quite accomplish that on an alternative.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I don't know what to tell you. Anything in this game will require a certain amount of investment as well as risk and reward. 

Now, there's nothing wrong though with taking a break from Lusternia or from Rolsand if you're frustrated. Distance does wonders for clearing your head and reminding you that Lusternia is...well, it's a game. The goal is to be having fun.

I can't speak for PVP but I observe that patience and practice and incremental investment pay off long term. Talk to people, keep trying, and you can only get better. @Synkarin and others in this thread have given you good feedback in that regard. 

But if you want immediate easy results, Lusternia might not be the game for you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm having some (hopefully) short term, relatively non-dangerous but still miserable health problems that might squick some folks out. Let's just say I'm pounding low calorie gatorade and not leaving the proximity of a particular room in my house if I can help it. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I went to the office tonight to finish up a newsletter, which I assumed would only take me a couple of hours.

5 hours and 1:00 am later, I am home.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Rolsand said:
    I can't make an alt it feels like I'm abandoning Rolsand who's my first ever mud character. 

1) Monks generally kick everyone's butt. 2) I abandoned what was my main for 7 years recently and I couldn't be happier. Understand that this was a runed, omni trans character. So you've got to make your own fun.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    @Rolsand - Ninjakari in general do crazy amounts of bleeding, bleeding that should have been nerfed a long time ago but has managed to continue to slip through. I wouldn't even bother trying to fight a ninja 1v1 because of this. There isn't any point to nerf them at this point because of the overhaul (I still think that it really means they're going to be deleted). 

Warrior is something you need to work at, it's not an easy button. It's really is easier to be a warrior now when all is said and done. So much RNG has been removed, no more rebounding, stancing to worry about. Parrying is less effective than pre-overhaul. You give the same amount of wounds no matter the target. No rng misses on behead. If you do miss, you'll still do wounds. etc It's been pared down sooo much that to sit here and say they were better off before is just crazy. They aren't at the perfect spot yet, there will be more adjustments, but you're going to have to consider at some point that it may not be the class, it may be you. 

So to that end, I advise you to post logs on forums, get advice from people about how to handle things better. It'll only help you improve.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Sylvanas said:
    Rolsand said:
    I can't make an alt it feels like I'm abandoning Rolsand who's my first ever mud character. 

1) Monks generally kick everyone's butt. 2) I abandoned what was my main for 7 years recently and I couldn't be happier. Understand that this was a runed, omni trans character. So you've got to make your own fun.
    I too did something similar, stepped away from the game, came back started a new character. I couldn't be anymore in love with my current main, and I regularly guildhopped before I had access to credits from ooc means. It's totally possible, definitely easy enough to regain what you've lost. OOC credits just make it way easier to get up there.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    There is some weird buzzing insect trapped somewhere in my room. I wake up to its panicked buzzing every day, and it doesn't seem to shut off until late at night when I presume it's asleep. I can't see it but I can hear it. And I would like it to stop. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."