General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I ordered a "Make America Gay Again" fake Trump hat for Pride this weekend and I don't think it's going to get here in time.

[-(

To be that pedantic guy, "again" implies that America was predominantly gay at some point. Just sayin'. Though I like the spirit of that hat.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    American guys suck in particular.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • That moment when you have to get your ladder out of the garage to fix a window you told your wife "Do not open this window, because the gears are stripped on the crank and it will not close properly" and she does it anyways 'because she can turn the crank just fine and it opened'

#SellingSlightlyUsedWife
  • #thegaysgotitright
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My work is running out of work, and it's leaving me incredibly bored and looking unproductive af.
  • My night is looking the same, I got called in for extra hours buy it's so quiet! And my foot, shoukder and arm are sore from the extra hours I've been doing, and general usage. Luckily it's payday tomorrow and I can go to physio.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I had baby mint and sunflower sprouts which were maybe two weeks old. One day I placed them outside because of the sun and the warmth. When I came back to get them, they had just entirely disappeared. No dead leaves, shriveled stems... nothing. Like they never existed.

But I did find bird droppings next to them so... a bird ate them, I suppose?

Do birds even eat small plants?
  • It's a setup!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    That moment when people at 10 am decide to turn the surroundings of your house into a giant construction site and the floor shakes regularly because of trees being cut down and crashing down.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I had baby mint and sunflower sprouts which were maybe two weeks old. One day I placed them outside because of the sun and the warmth. When I came back to get them, they had just entirely disappeared. No dead leaves, shriveled stems... nothing. Like they never existed.

But I did find bird droppings next to them so... a bird ate them, I suppose?

Do birds even eat small plants?
    Birds stole my lettuce seedlings. :(

Also, my rant has to do with being so emotionally unstable at the moment that I ruin every friendship I have. Also general pity party and crying into a slice of cheesecake at 5am.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • My family is from Germany ....dad Cherokee and black... What the f you are not gonna do is try to say "I'm trying to be white. You hate being black" because of the way my hair grows out of my head. Second rant ... There are like zero options for a black dude with long hair
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Had a 3 paragraph rant ready to go, but probably edges too close to politics so the TL;DR is: People.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2016
    I'm not a ray of sunshine on a good day so.. content warning: potentially depressing words about queer violence.

EDIT: Also, rambles. Not very polished. What do you expect?

My dad called me yesterday to ask me to be careful, and I had to explain that we always have to be careful. That there are always queer people being murdered or beaten for it, everywhere.  We're constantly at vigils and memorials. I'm really fatigued on it, and I haven't been at it very long - people spend lifetimes going to vigils, I've only been out (and in/aware of myself) for about a decade.

People like my daddo mean well, but there's a real understanding gap in the US about what it's like for QTPOC or any part thereof. Thank everything that I personally have been spared the brunt of it, but jeeze - no one needs to be worrying that they'll be attacked randomly by a large minority of blatantly bigoted people that just... get a pass. A pass from folks who say (In government approved euphemisms) that queer bodies are tainted, perverted, diseased, and not capable of joining in healthy community through stuff like blood donation. 

When things like this happen, I feel crappy for not being able to shed many tears for the dead. I get really pissed though. There is a real need to gather in our mourning and forge it into fucking weapons - and there are countless people who do do that, and who are on the streets every day fighting that fight, but who are constantly ignored and erased. Which is screwed up in its own way: It's not anyone's job to fix everyone else's stupid bigotry, racism, or queerphobia - it's their job to live their own damn lives and for everyone else to get out of the way and it's not really okay to demand that some folks teach everyone else not to live a shitty life on top of trying to live their own life. 

So basically what they said, but with a different (possibly?) kind of angry. The arc of history is slowly bending its long way towards justice, but too damn many people get crushed underneath in the mean time. People in Orlando, the scores of trans people who are killed every year, countless other queer/trans or POC people who are killed every year by violence or public neglect.  We give them tears because it's what we have, and fight each in our own way because we have hope, but it's not what they deserve - they deserve to be alive.  In other words: Fuck you, and the culture that keeps letting this shit happen. We - the US - caused this mess. We need to deal with it, now. 

• I'm so overwhelmingly sad and feel absolutely useless because I'm not in the US.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited June 2016
    I know we spend most of our money on other things but right now we need to take care of these victims and their families and rightfully give them justice - This goes beyond the death of the shooter - this goes straight to our legislation, the supportes of the RNA. I am enraged, I feel sick to my core. And facebook is just making me more angry and despairing about the situation in the US. I can't stand it, that my country has allowed this to happen. Please donate blood, money and whatever you can spare for the wounded and victims of Pulse.

https://www.gofundme.com/PulseVictimsFund
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • waking up today to:
    1) learning that the Westboro baptist church is up to its old shenanigans again which are beginning to resemble KKK activities in the past, especially praising the shooter as "One of God's warriors"
    2) having to factory reset my computer... long day ahead :/

1 is the bigger dissatisfaction
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Of course they are. One of these days there's going to end up being a police report to the effect of. "The victim, a known member of Westboro Baptist Church, proceeded to run into the defendant's fist a total of thirty-seven times. The defendant, taken aback by this strange behavior, took a long step backwards, during which the victim fell onto the defendant's boot and bounced seven times. The victim then rolled onto his back and thrashed wildly, accounting for his remaining injuries."

Makaela said:
    waking up today to:
    1) learning that the Westboro baptist church is up to its old shenanigans again which are beginning to resemble KKK activities in the past, especially praising the shooter as "One of God's warriors"

1) is like ... what the actual... has this massacre anything to do with being a 'good thing' in the mind of -any- religion. -stunned-
  • Aeldra said:

Makaela said:
    waking up today to:

1) is like ... what the actual... has this massacre anything to do with being a 'good thing' in the mind of -any- religion. -stunned-
    That is, unfortunately, pretty obvious. Leviticus 18:22: "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination". I mean, odds are they conveniently forget about 95% of the rest of the rules in the bible (such as forbidding tattoos, but I never see them campaigning against that), but for some reason some people think that that section means that they have free range to do anything you want towards anyone who doesn't fit their mold.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2016

I think you folks are headed straight into ForumNoNo territory. Nobody is going to begrudge or object to expressions of shock and horror to recent terrible events, but discussions of politics / religion are prohibited; even though you do not believe precisely what you are posting, Ssaliss, there are those who have very strong feelings and we don't need that argument to happen here. Already sick to my stomach enough reading about it elsewhere.
    Dear anonymous coworker. I know you love your job and I can understand that. But, when you are coughing heavily, sneezing constantly and have to tell your coworkers you are taking strong medication against it ( not talking allergies here ) and you work at a company that is -very- generous in allowing to stay home when you're sick on full pay without ever batting an eye, you maybe -should actually take that offer-, instead of bringing stuff to work that has the potential to knock the whole team out <.<
  • Fever.

I apologize to anyone I've talked to in the past day or two. I am a space case right now.