General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited March 2018
    -
  • edited January 2019

<Redacted>

<Redacted>
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited March 2018
    -
  • Adult rant...shave your damn pubes!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I am discovering I am the planner in my relationship. This is a skill I have never considered myself good at.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Annick said:
    Adult rant...shave your damn pubes!

Y'all need a wtf button for this gem.
    My general dissatusfation is with my time management. I suck at it.
  • edited May 2016
    Only now do I realise how many of my assignment questions throughout the semester were copied straight from the various textbooks I have.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Only now do I realise how many of my assignment questions throughout the semester were copied straight from the various textbooks I have.
    I think every student has had an assignment like that and didn't realize it. (I had a test that was literally the assignment we handed in that day and half the class didn't notice)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I am taking a turn for the worse, mental-wise.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dylara said:
    Yarith said:
    I think every student has had an assignment like that and didn't realize it. (I had a test that was literally the assignment we handed in that day and half the class didn't notice)
    I had an English teacher who took the entire course from Sparknotes. Verbatim. The only students who did well were the ones who were too lazy to do the actual assignments.
    edited June 2016
    I had a drama course like that once. Easiest Shakespeare tests ever.

ETA: My dissatisfaction is that 2016 is shaping up to be a pricey year. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    E-books, the only way to go now. I'll never go back to physical books

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah, same. Once upon a time I didn't think I'd be able to transition to e-books, but I did out of necessity and now I can never go back.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2016
    eBooks are only good for vacations for me; I no longer need to travel with a backpack filled with 15+ books (now it is just two/three physical books with all the rest as ebooks). For day-to-day reading, though, physical are (by far), preferable to me.

I have quite a few books.
  • Kindle paper white ftw.
  • There's just something about a real book when settling into the comfy chair and doing some reading.

On the other hand, bringing that 1000-page tome with you on the bus on the daily commute...
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My vision means that I usually read basically lying down, where a paper book of non-negligible size quickly becomes tedious. 
  • I prefer E-books when I am travelling because I can load up a bunch on my tablet without taking extra space in my bags, but there is something relaxing about walking into your personal library filled with paperbacks and looking for some old gem to read again. Maybe I am just old fashioned though.
    I like physical books because (sometimes!) you can get them signed. And because when I go on vacation I like being without electronic distraction. Nothing stops me from finishing a book like the Internet. XD
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I had a friend who got his iPad signed by Neil Gaiman once.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Sylandra said:
    I like physical books because (sometimes!) you can get them signed. And because when I go on vacation I like being without electronic distraction. Nothing stops me from finishing a book like the Internet. XD

My kindle does not allow me to access the internet. It's wireless yes, but it's not one of the kindle fire's. It's strictly an e-reader.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oooooh. That's handy.
    Daraius said:
  • Same here... Mine is just the mobile library, no access at all to the web. Also, since I have accidentally bought Amazon prime two years in a row I get two* free books a month... One new release and one rental.
  • *sometimes you get book series for free instead of single shots. My may rental was actually a 4-book series, and my June rental is the entire harry Potter saga
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I didn't think Kindle Unlimited was part and parcel to Prime, but if it is I will start reading a lot more.
  • Unlimited isn't, it's Kindle First and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm not against e-readers (I have kindle on my phone for that reason) but I just love books. The feel, the smell. I don't know, most of my e-books I have the actual paperback for too. Also I've kept some books I loved when I was a kid and it's a pretty cool feeling watching my kids browse my books and read my old favourites.

• Rave: I decided to get back into painting. 
    Rant: OMG WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EXPENSIVE.