General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• That's why I take the bus. It may SMELL like garbage, but at least I'll get where I'm going
  • When they "reward" the office by forcing us into awkward social situations with coworkers. 

We're not friends, we only speak because we are paid to do so. You want me to play "family feud" with these people? This is not a reward, this is cruel and unusual punishment. 

"Name something associated with King Kong."

Coworker: BANANAS

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Whatever happened to Fay Wray?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Man, this time last week I had to beat all comers off with a stick in order to almost get through a full day's work.

Today I finished all my 'today' stuff, and am working so far out I'm seeing stuff last touched before our project went live.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    People who compliment you by insulting the people you spend time with.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited May 2016
    I think I really need my doctor to find me an alternative to dilaudid. :/

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Social anxiety is the worst. It only really strikes me when I'm starting up social interactions I'm afraid are going to go horribly wrong but it's been a plague the past week or two. I was hoping to be able to sublet in the town where my archaeological field school is for $750 for six weeks instead of in the dorms for $1400. But as I'm halfway through the process to set up the sublet (I'd agreed on a price with the guy, hadn't been to see the place yet or signed anything), I hear from my program that I'm not allowed to stay off-campus. Well, crap. Now I a) have to try to convince the program people to let me (that didn't work), b) talk to my student loan folks about financing (going okay so far I think) and c) tell the sublet guy the deal's off (did this, but freaked out halfway through and now I've shut off incoming notifications).

Ugh.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    <3 I hear you on the anxiety thing. For what it's worth I had a friend once call off subletting at my place for similar reasons. It's a thing that happens and it's disappointing but people usually get that there's stuff out of your control. At least they should!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Every time a guy in this city asks me where I'm from, it inevitably turns into crude jokes about horses and cowboys and "everything is bigger in Texas.".

Good sir, I am a SOUTHERN LADY. And I've heard that joke like 847 times. 
    Aren't you in DC? (Or am I thinking of someone else?) That's the only question anyone asks there, other than "where do you work." I lived there for a summer and I got pretty tired of the assumption that everyone is a high-powered transient. Maybe some of us are low-powered transients, dammit!
  • DC questions (in order):

#1: What do you do?
    #2: Did you move here for that?
    #3: Where'd you move from?
    #4: Where in the city do you live?
    #5: Top or bottom?

If you answer #4 with "I live in Virginia," there is no further questioning.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, from Texas lyfe. I have fun telling people in other countries that buildings have extra large elevators to make it easier to get cows up to higher floors.

For real though, one of the highschools in the district I went up to offered classes in meat science and did in fact keep all kinds of livestock. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    WARNING, TMI RANT AHEAD:

Honestly, question 5 would irritate me. It's like, people can switch you know. 

I'm a happily married man and submissive as an overeager puppy with abandonment issues but I give and take as the situation needs, even with the same partner. I've had partners who refuse to top, or who are too girthy to do so regularly. I've had partners who never bottom, period. Most have been somewhere in between and we find a balance that works for us. 

So the 'top or bottom' question always feels like you're asking for a password into your bed for a night, when I'd much rather talk to someone for a few weeks, learn their preferences and proclivities and whether I'm about to stick my dick in crazy or let crazy do the same to me, and have someone willing to go for a romp, a movie, lunch, or a gaming party and enjoy the whole experience, not just 10 minutes to an hour of it.

Presumably because they're already in bed, because Virginia is great.  [-(

Number one question I got in DMV when I told people I am from Oklahoma was "So you've met real native Americans?"
  • edited May 2016
    Dissatisfiedness... I have a badge to get into the building. I have a security card to access my computer. I have four different passwords to access different programs to do my job....now let's add another to the list I can barely remember as it is.
    edited May 2016
    This is so petty but I'm playing this Catan game and I would have won easily if my sisters hadn't ganged up on me and embargo'd my wood supply all game aaaaaagh. I'm feeling very Count of Monte Cristo about this. I swear vengeance. :-w
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    This is so petty but I'm playing this Catan game and I would have won easily if my sisters hadn't ganged up on me and embargo'd my wood supply all game aaaaaagh. I'm feeling very Count of Monte Cristo about this. I swear vengeance. :-w
    don guise of revenge
  • Sylandra said:
    Go for the kill, plan a super complicated method of revenge and enact it when they least expect it.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited May 2016
    That's what happens when your opponents know you're better than them. B-)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Othero said:

don guise of revenge
    For some reason, my first thought when I read this was "I wonder who Don Guise is?"

I feel bad now.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Sylandra said:
    Your name is Emily Thorne...
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm in a similarly shaped boat, wanting very much to change jobs but getting paid just comfortably enough that a change is a very scary prospect. My hope is that my volunteer work will be fulfilling enough in the meantime that I can overlook the stuff that makes my job untenable, and eventually get the connections and experience to make a safe transition. 

Happy hunting, Dylara! I hope one or both of those situations improves for you.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I'm in a similarly shaped boat, wanting very much to change jobs but getting paid just comfortably enough that a change is a very scary prospect. My hope is that my volunteer work will be fulfilling enough in the meantime that I can overlook the stuff that makes my job untenable, and eventually get the connections and experience to make a safe transition. 

Happy hunting, Dylara! I hope one or both of those situations improves for you.
    I would prefer finding a job, since I've been in school on and off for seven years and I'd like to do something even vaguely related to the degrees I have. :D

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I am required to apply and interview to do a lateral move for the exact same job I'm currently doing in a different state. I don't even understand. You want me to do the same interview I've already done for the job you already pay me for? Do we not have better things to do?

Corporate bureaucracy.

:|:|:|
  • edited May 2016
    :( flat batteries (speaking figuratively)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I am required to apply and interview to do a lateral move for the exact same job I'm currently doing in a different state. I don't even understand. You want me to do the same interview I've already done for the job you already pay me for? Do we not have better things to do?

Corporate bureaucracy.

:|:|:|
    I can tell tales of that as well. Coporate bueraucracy is ... a nightmare.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Still waiting to hear back about college acceptance stuff. This stupid gabapentin occasionally screws with my ability to self-regulate my mental illnesses. I'm pretty sure my roommate's girlfriend thinks I've 8 eggs short of a dozen most of the time. I always feel like a third wheel, I don't know why I keep insisting we invite her to things. I spend 90% of the time an awkward turtle in the corner afraid to speak. Grilling is harder than it looks and there's got to be a secret to grill corn on the cob that doesn't taste like it was doused in lighter fluid. Have I mentioned the gabapentin? It works great for my fibro, but it turns me into a neurotic puddle of anxiety. I'm just ... I mean, if it's any consolation, I've got this trans stuff figured out pretty well. Now how to announce to like everyone online that I am a dude. And to be better at being a dude, because honestly? My voice gives me away. 5 years as a mid to high soprano singer really causes your voice to go into the stratosphere. I still talk like a soprano, I just don't sing like one(yay back in alto range) and I can sometimes get down to tenor, so, constant vigilance and all that. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."