General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Since I last logged in, there have been 25 attempts to log in to my account. Great to know my complicated password works.
  • Just what i needed :( was on my way to work and it sounds like my car's cam belt has snapped. Seriously don't need this right now...
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Anita said:
    Since I last logged in, there have been 25 attempts to log in to my account. Great to know my complicated password works.
    All my attempts are always me, forgetting which password I used for this particular character. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    There was one time a person tried to brute force almost every player in the game (using one of the apis). Most of us had a few hundred attempts on our accounts. That was fun...
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Sylandra said:
    Anita said:
    Since I last logged in, there have been 25 attempts to log in to my account. Great to know my complicated password works.
    All my attempts are always me, forgetting which password I used for this particular character. :(
    if you want to reset your password, you can do so at http://lusternia.com/game/recover just for future reference.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Someone asked me if I was 24 this weekend. 

Then today, this guy referred to me as "daddy." I'm 29. :(:(:(:(:(:(
    Heh, take it as a compliment. Maybe he wants you to "adopt" him. ; ) <-tried to do a wink emote....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Pretty sure that Celina is not looking to adopt someone just yet...
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS EVERYWHERE I TURN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH

some of us can't see them yet, y u do dis interwebz???!! 

:((

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    You'll never guess which siblings do the nasty!!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    You'll never guess which siblings do the nasty!!
    All of them...at once?

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

Shoot, you guessed it.  :-<
    I used to make cakes.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Baby threw up. Just before a mob started talking to me. Curses.
  • Xenthos said:
    Pretty sure that Celina is not looking to adopt someone just yet...EVER

• edited May 2016
    @CyndarinAscends you've got  pretty good excuse not to! :P
    is dead like the dodo
  • I found a really interesting conference which I'd have loved to attend and today I was finally going to book....only to discover that it's booked up now. I'd have booked sooner but I had to wait for my salary. Bye, Berlin. Bye, two days of awesome augmented reality :(
  • Right now I am incredibly frustrated by people who decide that you are cripplingly shy because you're just trying to focus on your job rather than digging into your life story for their entertainment and then decide that the way to fix that is to
    1. throw crumpled pieces of paper at you
    2. talk loudly about you to your coworkers
    3. make very inappropriate jokes in your hearing in the hopes of getting a reaction

Three more days. Three more days.
    Geez, if someone is cripplingly shy, that's not the way to get them to open up either. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • One of the places I have worked around at various times over the years is under forced evacuation for forest fires. 60,000 people fleeing down one of the province's worst highways as their homes and businesses burn to the ground.
  • ergh, I really hate it when customers refuse to actually listen.

Like this guy kept talking over me and then insisting that I'm not loud enough and that he has very good hearing, but doesn't seem to recognise that when he let me talk and help him with his issue he was following the instructions fine. But the moment he starts interrupting me it makes everything impossible.
    Panicked flood of end of the semester emails. So many. So futile. Such despair.
    Daraius said:
  • Drink in their tears, bake cookies with them, and relish the knowledge that you hold their fates in your oven mitts.
    edited May 2016
    Alternatively, treat them like your Symph students and ruuuuuuun!
    I used to make cakes.

• The awkward moment when you're standing in the kitchen in your PJs baking muffins while listening to Britney Spears (and singing along) and your landlady's son decides to drop by. I totally forgot that he has keys as well. That's what I get for baking instead of working on my paper.

Also, I officially got my first sunburn for this year. I just need to look at the sun the wrong way and immediately end up with red skin and freckles <.<

#MakeMuffinsNotPapers
    #IDon'tTanIBurn
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    That feeling when what used to be one of your favourite authors completely disregards healthy relationships to shoehorn in a fit for what was a groundbreaking gay teenaged character. Instead of having him healthily get over his emotional problems, suddenly this person that he's met maybe twice in passing swoops in and the literal fucking sun is in his hair and oh look, the great character is all better because love, with no reference to any of his mental issues being solved after he literally went to hell for the person he was in love with for years.

The next person to insist I read it is going to just get a twenty minute video of me crying and eating cereal, because that's where my emotions are with this series now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • A much beloved pet cat, Tamzin, passed away tonight, quite unexpectedly. I found her laying in the hallway limp this evening, but after a bit of attention and what would turn out to be a last meal of ham and vanilla ice cream, she seemed somewhat revived, and she crawled into the linen closet to sleep. She later came out and started yowling because she was struggling to breathe, so me and my mom stood vigil over her until she finally passed in the arms of her family.

We've had her for over 12 years now. My mom got her at a foster house when she went to pick up a different cat. Tamzin jumped into her arms and refused to be set down, so my mom ended up bringing two cats home.A non-distinctive shorthair tabby, she was somewhat an obstinate and assertive cat, determined to force her way despite any opposition. Her favorite food was whatever we were cooking at the time, and while she found our switch to vegetarianism generally disappointing, she made the best of it, and was more than willing to sneak bread, cream corn, tomatoes, chickpeas, or tofu if that's what happened to be on the counter. The other thing she loved about us cooking was the warm cast iron pans and baking sheets that would be left on top of the stove, and those were her favorite places to sleep. In defiance of all logic she taught herself how to use the toilet. I could probably go on all night about cute cat stories involving her.

It's always too soon when it comes to beloved pets, and certainly I would not have objected to another 12 years of companionship from her. Hopefully she thought she made a good choice all those years ago. She will be missed.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • @Tremula if you're looking for a realistic portrayal of a gay main character, try reading Lord John series by diana galbaldon.

Set in the 18th century, it chronicles the early life of an english noble man. It's a mixed bag with mystery, murder, adventure, heartbreak, betrayal with historical fiction portrayed realistically.
    is dead like the dodo
    You're hilarious.
    Daraius said:
  • @Daraius um, why do you have an account called "falcon wolfslayer"?
    is dead like the dodo