the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Okay new plan. I'll attack Rolsand's sandshrew tonight since I have a typing advantage so I'll win. I think it best we just remove magnitude from play. 
    You'd have to do that three times before it'd be knocked out of the game, though.
    Rolsand said:
    Okay my third party power isn't even that deadly; I have to initiate it if I want to win.And what happens if Kilee does steal my Pokemon or even other ones without you guys knowing?
    ...how is that not deadly? Unless I'm reading that wrong, you just confirmed you have your own win condition!
  • Initiate? What does that even mean?
  • I think the suspicion of Kilee was unfounded - she was just unlucky enough to be forced to reveal (even though I think she gave too much info) first and everyone hopped on. We know more concrete facts about Rolsand.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Abandoned pokemon, which presumeably includes pokemon whose trainers are offed via one method or another, go to the Champion's car, from which, presumably, they can be gained by someone via an event, or possibly a particular ability (like, potentially, Kilee's), so whether we want Rolsand to keep Magnitude vs letting it fall into the hands of Kilee or persons unknown is a ... thing, yes.

I'm honestly not opposed to going after the least active. I know both Alary and Salome are on vacation and communicating with Tremula, but I'm a little uncomfortable with giving people a pass on participation. Luce has posted once. There's been a lot going on this day phase, and having the gaps in information from inactive players is frustrating.

This size of a game, we keep hearing from the same people over and over again, while other people slip through the cracks. Scum flying under the radar is a concern. I just don't have the time energy to run through 30+ pages of posts to count participation.

Ohman since I started typing this there have been 16 new posts.

Whatever, I'm going to 

vote: @Luce (Sorry)

I will happily switch that vote to Kilee if that is the way the wind is blowing closer to the end of the day phase.
  • @Allyrianne It's almost pointless to vote for someone other than Kilee or Rolsand (unless someone spills a juicy can of frijoles).
  • Iosion said:
    I think the suspicion of Kilee was unfounded - she was just unlucky enough to be forced to reveal (even though I think she gave too much info) first and everyone hopped on. We know more concrete facts about Rolsand.
    I'm supplying you guys will decent info/facts that can help determine what Pokemon is causing the quakes.
    I'm starting to become rather concerned that this "initiation" of whatever this third party power is is why Rolsand was so desperate to be permitted to make it to tonight.
  • @Rolsand I beg to differ. Earthquake and your pokemon's ability have absolutely nothing in common. You're misleading yourself, bucko.
  • Phoebus said:
    Okay new plan. I'll attack Rolsand's sandshrew tonight since I have a typing advantage so I'll win. I think it best we just remove magnitude from play. 
    You'd have to do that three times before it'd be knocked out of the game, though.
    That's fine. 
  • Lehki said:
    Initiate? What does that even mean?
    It's not passive like being lynched as jester and winning I need to send a command doing the wind condition which I don't plan on doing.
  • Win condition
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Let's be realistic. No one will win on Night 2. I don't know why people think giving him one more night is such a big deal?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yep - I'm sticking with Rolsand

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Rolsand said:
    Lehki said:
    It's not passive like being lynched as jester and winning I need to send a command doing the wind condition which I don't plan on doing.
    Why on earth would you expect us to trust you not to do that?
  • Or Rolsand gets bum-rushed tonight by pokemon that are super effective. @Cyndarin, its almost inevitable that he'll use Magnitude again tonight, so there's a chance your poke's attack will fail. It's too much to ask you to do it during the day, but I wanted to reiterate he's not gated by a cooldown (supposedly)
  • Phoebus said:

Other people might have damage abilities. I suspect that they'll be aimed directly at Sandshrew. If it drops in one night... we'd know that there's at least there damagers on the field. Assuming it's such a bad thing Magnitude is on the field in the first place.

In any case, I'm less comfortable with Kilee in play than Rolsand right now, so Vote: Kilee.
  • Rolsand said:
    Lehki said:
    ... why on earth wouldn't you plan on doing that? Are you saying you don't plan on winning?
  • Tbh Iosion I also think you misleading other people and trying to avoid the attention. And as I said before this Pokemon that caused the quake last night can be a part of my family or something that similar to it.
  • I'm with Cyndarin in that I feel like the Rolsand conversation has utterly exhausted itself. We either lynch him or we don't. At this point, there's not a lot to be gained going around in circles further.

Kilee has made it clear that she's given us the information she's going to give. She's either shady, or really confused by her powers/flavour text.

I can get on board either lynch train. I do think we have time for some further UNRELATED discussion if we can get some of the people who haven't shared to pipe up.

Krackenor is also a possibility, but I'm curious enough to wait and see. It's the first day, I'm more interested in breadth of information than depth (although I remain super curious about what happened with earthquake and night blocks vs day blocks)

I would be surprised if at the end of the day we lynch Luce. But votes can occasionally get responses that other pings don't. So. My vote is staying there for now.
    There's no way I'm changing my vote off of Rolsand now that he's confirmed he has his own win condition. Regardless of if it's now or later that he's able to win with it, he's asking us to trust that he won't use it. I can't accept that. Why would someone do that? It doesn't make sense. At least there's a chance Sandshrew ends up in town's hands after he's gone. If we let him stay, that's Sandshrew staying in the hands of someone who could betray us at any moment. Not much better than it being in Mafia's hands, as far as I'm concerned.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (bold your vote, @Thul psst)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I hope you all know that I'm also town. There's some requirements that are impossible and I would be better off winning with town.
  • Phoebus said:
    Rolsand said:
    Lehki said:
    Was I lying about my Sandshrew?
  • Not going to continue with the @Rolsand conversation. My vote is also in. Phoebus has detailed the last straw.
  • Sylandra said:
    (bold your vote, @Thul psst)

Vote: Kilee
  • Heh there's a couple of bad things I wanna say but I'll probably get in trouble.
    Rolsand said:
    Phoebus said:
    Rolsand said:
    Lehki said:
    Was I lying about my Sandshrew?
    It's honestly not about if you are lying or not. It's about if the risk of trusting you outweighs what we gain by not trusting you. And the trust risk scale is looking pretty unbalanced right about now.
  • Vote Rolsand. On top of the unique win condition, lynching you will give us at least a one night reprieve from magnitude, if not longer. Also, given the random nature of the power i'm not as concerned about who gets it.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tremula's special role for Rolsand was survivor, because damn would that have been an achievement if he actually made it to the end! :))

Sorry Rolsand, I don't think you'll be making it much further, but hopefully you're learning how to play in a way that won't get you lynched for next time!