the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Please don't tag me 18 times in a thread, I still read the thread :/ and the forums are weird and don't always clear my notification
    Your numbers today are:
  • Rolsand said:
    Heh what happens if I block Melali.

oh. That's a possibility isn't it? Maybe we'll get to see Mangitude afterall.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As tensions begin to rise, it seems that the heat has finally gotten to @Rolsand, who throws his pokeball at the ground in some sort of fit. "Sandshrew, use Magnitude!" His sandshrew blinks confusedly before obeying the order, drumming its feet against the ground and causing a small tremour, barely noticeable, to begin building. Champion Alec stands up with a look somewhere between concern and contempt as he attempts to make his way through the now shifting sands to talk sense into the boy.

As the quake grows stronger and people begin to lose their balance, stumbling to their knees, it is finally @Melali who releases his Pokemon into view, a proud Deino holding its head high as he shouts, "Deino, go!" Immediately, Deino gallops across the sands, sure-footed as a Gogoat in an avalanche. It stops before Rolsand and his Sandshrew and unleashes a terrifying, blood-curdling shriek as it stares down Sandshrew. Immediately the quake halts as Sandshrew begins to quiver in absolute fear, running to cower behind Rolsand's legs as Deino continues to glare daggers at it. 

What would have been a Magnitude 8 is cancelled by Deino's Intimidate. Play continues as normal.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Jesus that was lucky.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • *blink*
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    So wait, the Champion is in earshot just watching all this? Champion Alec doesn't care that we're out here literally trying to lynch people but a Sandshrew is just too much. Something must be done!

If he was like, apparently literally everywhere last night, and knows who all got hit by all the stuff, why is he just sitting there letting his happen? Are you sure we aren't allowed to lynch the Champion? 8-|
  • So I guess magnitude eight means how many players that were gonna be blocked.
  • Tremula said:
    ... as Deino continues to glare daggers at it. 

But...but Deino has no eyes. MY IMMERSION, TREMULA, MY IMMERSIONNNN... :<

Good to know that Magnitude doesn't act first in that interaction, though.
  • Rolsand is really a danger at this point if he just decided to randomly block us during day phase
    Your numbers today are:
  • I think Alec wasn't concerned with the Sandshrew part, so much so as the "use magnitude" right after we already had one earthquake bit.
    And there are individual blockers on top of that like Purrloin and Pumkaboo or whatever it's called.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Welp, Rolsand is at least off the table for not lying about his power. How many times more can you use it @Rolsand?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • more times* I can't English real gud rite now
    Lehki said:
    I think Alec wasn't concerned with the Sandshrew part, so much so as the "use magnitude" right after we already had one earthquake bit.
    I know, but it was funnier that way.  ;))
  • Lord jesus, why.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    Kalaneya said:
    Tremula said:
    ... as Deino continues to glare daggers at it. 

But...but Deino has no eyes. MY IMMERSION, TREMULA, MY IMMERSIONNNN... :<

Good to know that Magnitude doesn't act first in that interaction, though.
    Deino's eyes are underneath its hair, which hardens into a scale-like form to protect it from sandstorms in its natural habitat, and can be seen in later evolutions. Return to your immersed state well informed.

To be fair, it's blind in both eyes, but have you ever had a blind person glaring at you? Pretty intimidating. :S
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Makaela said:
    As for abilities that stop people from posting ecen if just for X posts.. that is infinitly more terryfieing tgan Kecleons transform.

Except now that we know about that power, it's essentially powerless. Just let the day carry on long enough for that to expire before you start throwing lynches around. We got a big message when it wore off today, after all.
  • Kilee said:
    Rolsand is really a danger at this point if he just decided to randomly block us during day phase
    No we told him to do that. 
    Rolsand said:
    So I guess magnitude eight means how many players that were gonna be blocked.
    Players or pokemon? 'Cus Tremula's post was saying people were starting to stumble before it stopped. And how is an earthquake supposed to differentiate between who it hits, anyway. Still don't believe there's two version of this, one for pokemon, one for trainers.
  • I can do it four more times but if my pokemons I might be able to do something like that a couple of more times.
  • @CyndarinAscends you've been ridiculously defensive about Rolsand since the beginning. You're smart enough to not be that open about it if you both were mafia, but damn...he deserves at least 60% of the shit he's had thrown at him. C'mon.
  • Pokemon evolves.
    Iosion said:
    Welp, Rolsand is at least off the table for not lying about his power. How many times more can you use it @Rolsand?

He said he started as a 5-shot. If he used it last night, then 3 more times. If he only used it today, then 4 more.

I don't see how knowing Rolsand has an OP Pokemon means we shouldn't lynch him, tbh. I still think using Intimidate on Kilee was a better use of resources.
    Daraius said:
  • @Rolsand you mean 3?
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I think I was equally confused in the information that I got about battling/typing, which I had subsequently relayed above. I am not sure what I said about the types and damage was right, so I'll just defer to what's in the FAQ:

Q: I play Pokemon enough to know Type effects damage in-game. Does it effect damage on the Expedition?
    A: While that would be fun, since not every Pokemon is able to deal damage, I cannot fairly justify damage dealing abilities doing double damage based on type. However, this also means that immunities have been buffed - if you would not be damaged by a Pokemon's attack, you will not be effected by their controlling ability either. For example, a Mismagius (Ghost type) would not be effected by a Dizzy Punch (Fight).

That said, I still don't really know how damage occurs. I guess only certain Pokemon can deal damage? I guess that's a wait and see how it plays out.

Sorry for the confusion. :( I'd appreciate any explanation if anyone has a better grasp on it.

I'm still not sure what there was to be gained by Rolsand using his Pokemon, but, what's done is done.
  • As per @Sylandra^^
  • I could probably do this nine more times if I get a stone and why would I lie about doing the quake last night?
  • I would have intimidated me too >_> I sound sketchy tbh 
    Your numbers today are:
    Kilee said:
    Please don't tag me 18 times in a thread, I still read the thread :/ and the forums are weird and don't always clear my notification
    At least for me, the notification doesn't clear unless I check each one on the little globe icon, and not the ones that are just by my name at the top. Does that help?

Unfortunately it's standard to get pinged a lot during Mafia, because it gets someone's attention and also makes it easier for you find posts where people asked you something later. Also, if anyone quotes a post where you were pinged, you'll get pinged again, which is annoying. I try to avoid doing that if I can help it.
  • @Kaimananananana: I'd argue that each Pokemon has a "power", and that none do damage...but we can gather that if the move against your pokemon is super-effective, it'll cause damage. (Speculative, but that's how I read it)
  • If the mafia gets their hands on my Pokemon they can stop watchers/protectors from doing anything.