the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Phoebus said:
    @Lehki
    I doubt it's a Ditto we're looking at. Even if there is a Ditto in the game, I don't think it very likely that they'd be able to copy and use the move in one action, and the move wasn't identical to what Rolsand reported. Rolsand's hits Pokemon only, and only trainers were hit by the quake last night. Also, if the quake last night only dayblocked, does that mean a Magnitude today would only nightblock? That'd invalidate the "no one else was planning to use their day power today so it's fine" thing.

And I'm still not sure if Pokemon would be damaged by this thing. Is that a risk we're willing to take just to possibly find out how the other quake may or may not work? I don't know if we have enough to gain that'd be worth it to find out.
    Yeah I thought copy and act in one move was a bit of stretch, but seriously, after how this game started I'm willing to consider any ridiculous power.

Rolsand claims it won't do any damage. But again, I think he's lieing. I guess I'm not OVERLY concerned about damage yet since we're still early on and we didn't have anybody report their pokemon taking damage last night, despite pokemon moves supposedly not being interrupted at all. I know I didn't.
  • I'm also on your side so what would I gain from lying?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

Lehki said:
    Phoebus said:
    @Lehki
    I doubt it's a Ditto we're looking at. Even if there is a Ditto in the game, I don't think it very likely that they'd be able to copy and use the move in one action, and the move wasn't identical to what Rolsand reported. Rolsand's hits Pokemon only, and only trainers were hit by the quake last night. Also, if the quake last night only dayblocked, does that mean a Magnitude today would only nightblock? That'd invalidate the "no one else was planning to use their day power today so it's fine" thing.

And I'm still not sure if Pokemon would be damaged by this thing. Is that a risk we're willing to take just to possibly find out how the other quake may or may not work? I don't know if we have enough to gain that'd be worth it to find out.
    Yeah I thought copy and act in one move was a bit of stretch, but seriously, after how this game started I'm willing to consider any ridiculous power.

Rolsand claims it won't do any damage. But again, I think he's lieing. I guess I'm not OVERLY concerned about damage yet since we're still early on and we didn't have anybody report their pokemon taking damage last night, despite pokemon moves supposedly not being interrupted at all. I know I didn't.
    I think people are holding off on directly attacking other Pokemon just yet, because we don't know who has what type, and there's a risk of hitting someone who's immune to yours for no benefit. That's my theory, at least.

I have no idea if this thing would cause damage to Pokemon or not, but if it does, I'd rather it didn't happen in the daytime for all to see. I'm assuming using the move in daylight would let everyone know who was hit by it, and give insight into a lot of people's possible types in the process. I'd rather be safe than sorry and not tempt fate with this move at all. Like I said before, I don't want to know what happens when we get hit by a Magnitude 10. At least we're not on a moving train during the day, but still...I don't like it.
  • Well, if you're not lying, you can prove it right now, with no danger to anyone else. If you refuse for no reason other than to save one use of a really annoying power, in my mind that would mean that you were lying, and then we should lynch you. However, if you use it, we would trust you a lot more because that would say that you were telling the truth, at least about this.
  • Phoebus said:

I think people are holding off on directly attacking other Pokemon just yet, because we don't know who has what type, and there's a risk of hitting someone who's immune to yours for no benefit. That's my theory, at least.
    I guess? But I feel like with how many people are out there the chances of blindly hitting a resisting type are pretty low, and immunites are even rarer(only 8 out of the 19 have an immunity). Also there's no real loss to you for hitting the wrong type aside from not getting XP that turn, and giving a possible enemy extra XP. The actual effect of the move will still go through since 
  • @Rolsand - pretty sure you got the go ahead. Use Magnitude. I would finally delete "Vote: Rolsand" from my clipboard, at least for a few turns.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I dunno, if we don't lynch Rolsand then who is our option? At least 130+ posts in this thread are Rolsand, making him easily the loudest person in this thread. I'm not sure what we gain by keeping him around exactly, especially given we know he has a win condition that doesn't necessarily correspond to town. Y'all gotta give me a good alternative. Could always use Nuzzle on Kilee instead to prevent Pokemon snatchery, too.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Since we have ruled out that Pokemon actions were not affected by the earthquake, my instinct is that I do not want to reveal whether my Pokemon did or did not perform an action last night, to ensure that my Pokemon's identity is protected as much as possible. In this game, I think it's very important to prevent your Pokemon from being targeted for its weakness early on, while there's so many Pokemon in play and many questionable agendas.

I asked for mod clarification because I thought I was the only one confused about it, but a Pokemon takes damage if it is hit with a move that is its weakness. So a Charmander hit with Water Gun would take damage (fire is weak to water).

This means that an exposed Pokemon linked to a trainer could be farmed for experience and be killed, intentionally or unintentionally.

Also, your Pokemon was randomized and is independent from the trainer role, so pushing people for information about their Pokemon is not quite helpful right now unless that action can be linked to scummy behavior.

I hope this isn't taken as being evasive. I just love the Pokemons. :>
  • I'm perfectly fine with "No Comment." I mean, that's what people would normally say at this stage of the game. 

There's also Kilee. And really, I doubt that Rolsand is telling the truth. I just want convincing enough evidence of that. If he doesn't have his Sandshrew use Magnitude in the next 6 hours, I'm going to vote we lynch Rolsand. If he does, I'll block him and then say that he's loyal Town. Maybe we should lynch Kilee, or someone silent.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Potential lynchees are Rolsand, Kilee and I still think Krackenor is suspicious.

I'm simply not buying the story everyone else is going with. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Sylandra said:
    I dunno, if we don't lynch Rolsand then who is our option? At least 130+ posts in this thread are Rolsand, making him easily the loudest person in this thread. I'm not sure what we gain by keeping him around exactly, especially given we know he has a win condition that doesn't necessarily correspond to town. Y'all gotta give me a good alternative. Could always use Nuzzle on Kilee instead to prevent Pokemon snatchery, too.
    It's Intimidate, don't get messed up by my messing up. Unless you misread it in exactly the same way I did, heh.

Kaimanahi said:

I asked for mod clarification because I thought I was the only one confused about it, but a Pokemon takes damage if it is hit with a move that is its weakness. So a Charmander hit with Water Gun would take damage (fire is weak to water).

Ahh, I see! So anyone weak to Ground is at risk from the Pokemon-hitting Magnitude if it's used without being nullified, then, and Ground is a very powerful offensive type. That's the Electric, Fire, Poison, Steel, and Rock types possibly being damaged if the RNG doesn't have mercy. Yep, definitely not on board with letting it be unleashed. Confirm it's the power Rolsand has with the nullification if you guys want, but I won't support free use of this move.
  • Kaimanahi said:

Okay wait this is confusing me now.

Q: I play Pokemon enough to know Type effects damage in-game. Does it effect damage on the Expedition?
    A: While that would be fun, since not every Pokemon is able to deal damage, I cannot fairly justify damage dealing abilities doing double damage based on type. However, this also means that immunities have been buffed - if you would not be damaged by a Pokemon's attack, you will not be effected by their controlling ability either. For example, a Mismagius (Ghost type) would not be effected by a Dizzy Punch (Fight).

I took the FAQ post to mean that only certain moves do damage and typing only has to do with XP, but what Kelly is saying sounds like it's actually moves that hit their weakness is how damage is done?
    Synkarin said:
    Potential lynchees are Rolsand, Kilee and I still think Krackenor is suspicious.

I'm simply not buying the story everyone else is going with. 
    My trusting of Krackenor has a firm "for now" tacked onto it. I'm assuming he's suspicious enough that people will have their eye on him, and I'm waiting to see how that situation develops before I change my mind or not.
    Rolsand has a third party win condition in conjunction with his potential town win. That's not as useful for the town as he's making it sound, especially when he has chaotic powers.

Blocking Kilee with nuzzle can stop her from thieving tonight, which seems to be our primary concern regarding her. She is acting weird, yes, but she's not hijacking the day's discussion nearly as much as Rolsand has been. And yeah, she's new and part of me feels we should take that into account.

Krackenor is a confound in some ways but I want to see how tonight's actions pan out. I'm inclined to think that mystery will solve itself if we can apply another night of information to it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yeah honestly I'm not actually buying Melali's "Krackenor is not suspicious because reasons I'm not going to tell you" but didn't feel like pushing it for now.
    Oh it's not nuzzle? Gdi. Intimidate then!
    Daraius said:
  • I literally said everything I can I don't know what else to tell you
    Your numbers today are:
  • Come putt Gokuuu nah I'm just joking Sandshrew, use Magnitude.
  • Sylandra said:
    Rolsand has a third party win condition in conjunction with his potential town win. That's not as useful for the town as he's making it sound, especially when he has chaotic powers.

Blocking Kilee with nuzzle can stop her from thieving tonight, which seems to be our primary concern regarding her. She is acting weird, yes, but she's not hijacking the day's discussion nearly as much as Rolsand has been. And yeah, she's new and part of me feels we should take that into account.

Krackenor is a confound in some ways but I want to see how tonight's actions pan out. I'm inclined to think that mystery will solve itself if we can apply another night of information to it.
    It's intimidate, not nuzzle. :P 

I speculated Rolsand's role a couple pages back, and it looks like this is posting behaviour is his baseline. Being a new player myself, the whole "new player" thing I feel is almost moot in this game. We've already surpassed the page count of the entire last mafia game on the first day. And Kilee is probably the most suspicious if we discount Rolsand. If he goes through with this Magnitude and we block, then I think we do need to take another look at Kilee.
  • Sandshrew, use magnitude.
  • @melali Come out with the Intimidate bro.
    Welp I hope this doesn't blow up in our faces.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I will laugh hysterically if it's a magnitude 10 and we lose a few.
  • I didn't say that Krackenor is not suspicious, merely that he isn't suspicious enough to lynch him. There is a plausible explanation that makes him not the killer, as well as a plausible reason that he can't be the attempted killer. Both of these I've said before, so I'll not repeat them for brevity, unless someone asks. It is aside from that, that already relieves suspicion, that I have a guess as to why he might be valuable to the Town, and thus worth keeping alive. Of course, I'll still be keeping an eye on him, but unless new information pops up, I'm not willing to lynch him. 

Yeah, I didn't know Nuzzle was an actual Pokemon move. I was actually trying for an animal action that wasn't a Pokemon move, and Nuzzle seemed like a good one, because it doesn't seem combative. 

My Pokemon's ability is Intimidate, and I can only use it on Actions I see. So, I can't use it at Night. 

Go, Deino! Use Intimidate!
  • I already stated my defense of @Kilee was because she is new.

As for abilities that stop people from posting ecen if just for X posts.. that is infinitly more terryfieing tgan Kecleons transform. Also the typinng means any rock/ electric/ ice pokemon will now get x2 exp just by targeting her Kecleon at night even if they have no damage abilities.

The powers that prevent posts for X posts remind me of the briber in epic mafia who fully prevents a person from talking at all. Nit saying people with this are mafia but it is kind of useless in town hands, stupidly powerful in mafia hands. Also as we lose people the post limit will become more meaningful and if on a pokemon that can evolve the power might even get upgraded. Kecleons transform would be a great defensive power if she could use it at night, she claims she can only do so during the day.

I like @Melali's idea on how to prove @Rolsand's claim.

• omg Deino's so cute
  • Out rather than put.
  • Rolsand said:
    Come putt Gokuuu nah I'm just joking Sandshrew, use Magnitude.
    No you should totally name you Sandshrew Goku. 

I hope at least all of the experience pokemon players gave theirs names. 
  • Heh what happens if I block Melali.