the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I'm posting to say I've been busy but I'm catching up on this insane thread. My vote is still on Rolsand and well, sorry, it's mostly because it is Rolsand. He derailed the start of the game and we can afford to lose him. Even if he's town I think his way of playing this game is going to bring us down.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    At this point, I think my vote will stay for Kilee, one because I don't trust her as a trainer, and two if Rolsand survives a day or two then his Sandshrew will very likely be taken out instead of potentially coming into play later. He is more likely to be on our side, and later in the game if it comes to it.. damn, isn't there some quote about the enemy you know? Well, we have some idea of what his intentions are, anyway.
  • Kilee said:
    The clear solution is

1. VOTE Rolsand

2. block/investigate me 

3. Then if I'm a baddie kill me!
    I'm pretty much down with this plan. While I don't trust you, I'm swayed by the argument that there's more uncertainty involved in lynching you than in lynching Rolsand. I'm generally pretty reluctant to toss a lynch vote out without really considering it first, but I'm so down for ending this nonsense, I came back to 241 posts (!) since my last check-in.

VOTE: Rolsand
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Vote: Kilee and Vote Count, please!

Rolsand went along with the group, revealed his Pokemon's ability, and did not lie about anything we can tell. He was also relatively forthcoming with his situation, and I think he is trustworthy (in this game, for now). I do not want Rolsand to die, and I agree with whoever said that I'd rather take out possible scum than certain neutral, especially probably helpful neutral.

Kilee is suspicious, but no particular reason other than that she's not Rolsand and that she may be Mafia.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I think we're at:

None: Lehki (1)

Kilee: Ushaara, Rolsand, Ssaliss, Thul, Kaimanahi, Melali (6)

Luce: Allyrianne (1)

Rolsand: Makaela, Othero, Krackenor, Sylandra, Cen, Synkarin, Iosion, Phoebus, Portius, Kilee(?) Ileein (11)

Though Kilee's own vote is uncertain since it's part of a list of suggested actions to take, but was bolded. But otherwise her vote was on None.
  • vote: kilee
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Somewhat bemusedly, Champion Alec informs you:

Vote Count -

Nobody: 1 (Lehki)
    Kilee: 7 (Ushaara, Rolsand, Ssaliss, Thul, Kaimanahi, Melali, Cyndarin)
    Rolsand: 11 (Makaela, Othero, Krackenor, Sylandra, Cen, Synkarin, Iosion, Phoebus, Portius, Kilee, Ileein)
    Luce: 1 (Allyrianne)

With 27 trainers alive, it's 14 to lynch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Kaimanahi said:
    At this point, I think my vote will stay for Kilee, one because I don't trust her as a trainer, and two if Rolsand survives a day or two then his Sandshrew will very likely be taken out instead of potentially coming into play later. He is more likely to be on our side, and later in the game if it comes to it.. damn, isn't there some quote about the enemy you know? Well, we have some idea of what his intentions are, anyway.
    The enemy we know who has his own individual win condition, can turn on us to fulfill that condition at any time, has a pokemon that causes mass chaos and possibly damage*, and has personally contributed nearly 1/5 of the posts in this already massive thread while providing content that should fit into 1/4 that number. I'm not really seeing a downside to voting him out today and keeping an eye on Kilee (who I also agree is shady).

*I am aware that if he is lynched it is possible that it will come back later, but we don't know how frequent these events are or how pokemon are distributed during them, and I am relatively certain that we'd at least get one night without needing to worry about it
  • "They post more than necessary," is not is a valid reason to lynch anyone. 
  • Rolsand, reveal your third party win condition if you want to survive. You're  not going to be kept around so long as that's an unknown. Sorry, Town doesn't share well (because people are trying to kill us)
  • Rolsand, reveal your third party win condition if you want to survive. You're  not going to be kept around so long as that's an unknown. Sorry, Town doesn't share well (because people are trying to kill us)
    Agreed, this is what's really keeping  me reluctant to switch votes to an even more unknown like Kilee. I'll be more inclined to consider the matter if I'm more comfortable with Rolsand's continued existence.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I'm finding Klee way more suspicious now than Rolsand, who I still find suspicious for his overly defensive and defeateSt attitude. Vote: kilee for now. I can explain better when I get home and am not on a phone.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• "They post more than necessary," is not is a valid reason to lynch anyone. 

you're right, and I'm trying to minimize that annoyance compared to the other bits, but the pro-Kilee camp also has not yet convinced me that she is a better choice. I'm still open to switching if you lay it all out
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Dylara, be sure to bold your vote! With hers included, it looks like 6 people haven't voted: @Salome @Alary @Luce @Vivet @Kalaneya @Silvanus
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I would also gently recommend to @Lehki and @Allyrianne to pick a different target. The current Kilee vs Rolsand lynchtrain war is pretty stable, and if either is going to hit lynching, we will need more voices either for or against.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Krackenor said:
    "They post more than necessary," is not is a valid reason to lynch anyone. 

you're right, and I'm trying to minimize that annoyance compared to the other bits, but the pro-Kilee camp also has not yet convinced me that she is a better choice. I'm still open to switching if you lay it all out
    I really should be asleep but in addition to everything I've said previously. Kilee now says she has no trainer power, but was still blocked by the earthquake, which goes against everything we think we've learned today about the quake, being that it blocked trainer actions only.

Rolsand has also said that his magnitude affects pokemon only, so if he's telling the truth, the quake last night wasn't his and we could still be on for another quake tonight.
    Rawr, now my quotes are getting brokey broke. :(
  • The argument against lynching Rolsand at this point is that, assuming he outs his third party win condition, the town has basically declawed him so there's no reason to not keep him around for his vote so long as he's cooperating. At this point, it appears people are getting rid of him just to get rid of him and are annoyed him his posting style.

I'm not fully comprehending the Kilee train other than that her pokemon power is sketchy and no one wants a pokemon thief, town or otherwise, lurking around screwing things up. 
  • Which, for the record, is a good enough reason for me. I'm all for stamping out threats, even if they are internal threats, early while we gather more information. 
  • My third party condition allows me to pass a doll on but as I said before it's not a passive kinda ting I need to send a command and if I do pass it one of you will see it. And if you die with the doll I win.
  • Well that's creepy.
  • Heh my character is a creepy boy.
  • And I can only pass it during night.
  • Rolsand said:
    My third party condition allows me to pass a doll on but as I said before it's not a passive kinda ting I need to send a command and if I do pass it one of you will see it. And if you die with the doll I win.

How do we know there is not more to this?  Like some kind of psychic version of a Arsonist?  This sounds rather not town friendly to me
  • Oh my lord.... At this point why would I lie?
    Huh, I was expecting something completely different. Well I'm not able to reconcile that with Champion-aligned in any regard either, so yeah, right now am good with lynching either of Kilee/Rolsand and I can go to sleep in peace.
  • Ask my any question and I respond without hesitation.
  • I asked a question and you simply deflected it with a "Why would I lie?"  Which does nothing to reassure me.
  • I'll answer any question about the ability.
  • My question was about the ability... How do we know there is absolutely nothing else to it beyond you just passing out a doll and that person just needing to die with it?  As others stated that power seems very creepy in nature and honestly sounds like it leads to something more troubling.