the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Even though I gave you guys some good info you still decide to put a dagger in my back.
  • Phoebus said:
    Makaela said:
    Ah.. It is at 13.. In the interest of not having this get ninja closed before Rolsand has a chance to deter my opinion as I am currently WIFOMing this situation with the revealation of his power

UNVOTE
    What else could he possibly say? What are you hoping to hear from him that hasn't already been told?
    Going to be honest, I do not know but I am currently on the fence.  As stated I am stuck in a Wine in front of me State.  I am trying to determine how much of what he said is spot on and how much is falsified. His current power claim really confuses me and I do not want to lynch someone just because they have a power I have never seen or heard of.  The power claim from what I see of it does not actuallly hurt town.. but if he is lieing keeping him is a threat. However if he is telling the truth we are wasting a lynch.  I am bouncing between those two trains of thought currently
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lynching is always filled with risks. But it gives us information one way or another. I am fine risking a Rolsand lynch, and could see the merit in a Kilee lynch as well, but would prefer Rolsand for reasons I've already listed and that others have listed. There's no certainty in either choice. But choosing is imperative, because the alternative is being offed one by one. So no lynch is actually a waste, from that standpoint. Further we can analyze how everyone jumped on their vote train, and use that to determine future suspects. A lynch is always better than a no lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Sylandra I am definitely not advocating a No Lynch I just wish to be sure of my choice before going in. At first I was very confident in my read on Rolsand however his power claim seems so off the wall it is boggling to me.  But I suppose I should go with My initial gut instinct.. Going to think on it for a bit though. Chances are I will end up re voting for him.. I just want to think on it and see how I feel on it for atleast a few hours
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    pls2not lynch plague victims.

I'm feeling better, aside from having to read through...what, 14 more pages of posts? Basically it looks like Rolsand has a mutable Executioner power. Honestly, if he has a win condition tied to who owns the doll and killing him before he can give it away is somehow useful, I'll take it just to keep the clutter in the thread down. (Seriously Rolsand. Compress. Your. Posts.)

Not voting just yet because you wanted information and I can provide a little bit that should prove useful.

First: Third parties may win or lose independently of the town or mafia(s)

Second: This necessarily makes me third party, but my power and win condition are tied together and overall benefit town more than mafia.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    so Luce is 3rd party too?

Why are we not lynching Rolsand? I'm unsure what more information we'll get today other than from Luce potentially. I think it's time to move on

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Luce, why did you say that you were third party? Now we'll have to hound you for your win condition, at the very least, and may kill you regardless.

Rolsand's Ability and Win Condition (as I can gather)
    Ability: He can give a doll to someone during the night. This is a one-shot.
    Win Condition: If the person whom he gives the doll to dies before him, Rolsand wins. Otherwise, Rolsand wins with Town.

He also has a Sandshrew that has Magnitude.

His ability itself does not seem to negatively impact whomever it is given to. Honestly, I feel that we can afford to keep him alive, and that he may be an asset, at least in terms of voting against the Mafia.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    @Ushaara @Synkarin

That was my pokémon's power, and the only move it knows at present. Hilariously, I can only use it once every other day on top of being pretty useless. It can evolve, however, so it might learn something else? I don't know. And it uses a stone to evolve too, so it's not like I even need to use the power now that I have a better grasp of what it does.

As for our current situation, let me see if I got this straight...

Rolsand has a doll. He can give the doll to other people. If the person holding the doll dies, he wins. And presumably leaves the game. Right?

This just creates more issues and complications, if you ask me. Like, once he gives the doll to someone, does that doll just boomerang back to the victim no matter what, or can they freely continue to pass it on to other people in the night?

If it is the former, then he remains in a strong position of power to put leverage on pretty much anyone by passing them this doll. Getting rid of the doll holder also means removing Rolsand from the game, but since he needs a night to do it, then if he gives it to any obvious town-type we can always spite kill him to make sure he doesn't win... however, that also means we're wasting a lynch on a spite kill instead of using it productively.

The latter seems potentially worse. If the doll can freely be passed around, and it ends up in the hands of someone in the mafia, then they can try to coordinate to pass/kill with it.

Rolsand might not be a direct threat, but if he sticks around and is telling the truth, then he becomes more dangerous for town the smaller our numbers get. The doll creates a wild variable that is undesirable, imo

I am down for the lynch, but am fine with withholding a vote for now to give other people more time to talk.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was up front about being third party because y'all get lynch happy when you catch someone not being up front about being third party. Even more than when they are third party regardless. That and it confirms that even if Rolsand is a jester, or just a jester for the moment, lynching him doesn't stop the game.

Besides, I'm me. If I survived more than two nights I was sure to have two doctors, the watcher, the investigator, the jailor, nine Chansey and a Magikarp on me. Just to be sure.
  • Sigh I hate thsee forums I'll properly vote when I get home.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Melali said:
    Luce, why did you say that you were third party? Now we'll have to hound you for your win condition, at the very least, and may kill you regardless.

Rolsand's Ability and Win Condition (as I can gather)
    Ability: He can give a doll to someone during the night. This is a one-shot.
    Win Condition: If the person whom he gives the doll to dies before him, Rolsand wins. Otherwise, Rolsand wins with Town.

He also has a Sandshrew that has Magnitude.

His ability itself does not seem to negatively impact whomever it is given to. Honestly, I feel that we can afford to keep him alive, and that he may be an asset, at least in terms of voting against the Mafia.
    Honestly, I agree, provided he's telling the truth (which I think is more likely, on balance). Provided he doesn't hand out that doll, at which point we can lynch him at our leisure more or less, he's as good as a vote for the Town. Rolsand, you're off the hook as far as I'm concerned.

Unvote.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • If I pass the doll onto someone then can continue to pass it on so its like a ticking bomb.
  • *they can continue*. So you guys will be able to see if you have the doll.
  • As Vivet's said once the numbers start to decrease that's when I'm a true threat but for now even if I do pass the doll the chances of me actually winning are kinda low.
  • Now I'm getting kinda curious about what would happen with the doll if you're lynched... Would it go poof, or would you be able to win after you're lynched?
  • That's an interesting phrase... Ticking bomb. Are you now saying that the doll will eventually kill the holder?
  • Heh I had a feeling that saying that would make people question me. No, it won't kill me and if I et lynched with the doll I lose.
  • Rolsand, please condense your posts. This has been a major point of contention, not only among players, but with the mod as well. If you want to survive in Mafia on this forum, you need to NOT POST MULTIPLE TIMES AS A HABIT.

As for the doll ability, the main use for it is in the hands of the Mafia. If/when it gets to the points where the Town has 2 more than the Mafia at Night, there are 2 or more Mafia, and one of the Mafia has the doll, what they need to do to win would be to pass the doll to someone and then kill that person. On the other hand, I really it'll come to that. With 6 Mafia (I'm guessing), this point will arrive when there are 14 people left. That's at least 5 more turns, at roughly 3 deaths per turn. I trust that the Town can win before even Rolsand's conditions even come into play as a threat. On the other hand, all we need to do to eliminate this threat is to get the doll in the hands of trustworthy people. Including Rolsand, actually.

Tremula, if a third party wins before the game is done, do we get the same information about them as if they were killed? Are their Pokemon given back to the Champion, or is it taken out of the game with them?
  • Rolsand said:
    Heh I had a feeling that saying that would make people question me. No, it won't kill me and if I et lynched with the doll I lose.

you're parsing your words. It won't kill you, but what will it do to the new holder when you pass it off
  • The doll is the bomb and the trigger is death.
  • I'm also not understanding why, if this is actually your win condition, you didn't pass the doll ASAP to ensure the highest possibility of success.
  • Krackenor said:
    I'm also not understanding why, if this is actually your win condition, you didn't pass the doll ASAP to ensure the highest possibility of success.
    I'm also town.
  • Vote: Kiliee

Because I hate you forums. >:P

In all seriousness, her role just seriously rubs me the wrong way and I intend to ignore Rolsand for the time being for just being a nuisance. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Vote: Kiliee

Because I hate you forums. >:P

In all seriousness, her role just seriously rubs me the wrong way and I intend to ignore Rolsand for the time being for just being a nuisance. 
    Siiiigh. Her pokemons powers and ability to potentially take pokemon.

• Krackenor said:
    I'm also not understanding why, if this is actually your win condition, you didn't pass the doll ASAP to ensure the highest possibility of success.
    Well, either A, he did, and the recipient doesn't know it/is keeping silent about it...

Or B, he's screwing with you with this whole doll thing and trying to clinch the lynch.
  • Rolsand said:
    The doll is the bomb and the trigger is death.

Thul said:
    Krackenor said:
    Well, either A, he did, and the recipient doesn't know it/is keeping silent about it...

Or B, he's screwing with you with this whole doll thing and trying to clinch the lynch.

Or C, he has a delayed kill: pass the doll one night, detonate it the next. That's the vibe I've been getting with these must recent posts
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If a third party wins the game, but the game continues, their Pokemon stays with them. It's their Pokemon, after all. Unlike death, information on winning parties only comes at the end of the games.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Honestly, if I had that win condition, I wouldn't give the doll away at the beginning, either. I would quietly wait until there was someone who was almost certainly Mafia, then give it to them. Then, when they're lynched, I would win and fly away.

As for the doll being a delayed kill, I'm going to trust Rolsand that he isn't a weird vigilante/serial killer. Also, whoever has the bomb can just pass it back to Rolsand if it worries you that much. Of course, if someone with the doll dies of it, we would lynch Rolsand.
  • Melali said:
    Honestly, if I had that win condition, I wouldn't give the doll away at the beginning, either. I would quietly wait until there was someone who was almost certainly Mafia, then give it to them. Then, when they're lynched, I would win and fly away.

As for the doll being a delayed kill, I'm going to trust Rolsand that he isn't a weird vigilante/serial killer. Also, whoever has the bomb can just pass it back to Rolsand if it worries you that much. Of course, if someone with the doll dies of it, we would lynch Rolsand.

why would you wait for a certain mafia kill? You'd be a third party with a unique win condition from town. The earlier the doll is given away, the more opportunities there would be for that person to die.
  • It would be just better if you kept the doll for a couple of nights instead of giving it to one random person out of 27.