the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Krackenor said:
    Phoebus it sounds like it was a clarification... It sounds like he was always intended to win when the player with the doll died, Tremula just clarified that he had to pass it at least once first.
    I hope so! I'd just woken up and was pre-coffee cranky, so I got annoyed about it super quickly. I'm content waiting for Tremula's response now.
  • If I wanted to be lynched I wouldn't of shared that quake info.
  • I think it was clarification to make it clear that Rolsand couldn't just hang on to the doll, get lynched while holding it, and call it a win. I'm a little unclear from both Tremula and Rolsand's posts whether Rolsand winning will involve him leaving the train/holing up in his compartment and being invincible, or continuing to play as normal with the caveat being that he's "won" no matter what or only if her survives or ???

I am curious about these third parties, particularly given Kilee's reference to gathering pokemon for her team. Luce, do you feel that your third party sheds any light on that turn of phrase?
  • errr forget what I said.
  • Incidentally, the fact that Rolsand just accused the mod of tampering makes me more inclined to believe him if said mod doesn't strike him down where he stands :D
  • *blink*
  • Unvote

Vote:Kilee

As much as it would tickle my jimmies to be rid of Rolsand, the admission of his win condition means it's not a flashpoint right now, as others have said.

Without hearing from @Tremula, it sounds like, either, she clarified that he couldn't fulfill his win condition via jester lynch, or she changed his role so he couldn't win via jester lynch. Either way, we should be okay with that. Rolsand has proven to be the best jester a game of mafia could ask for.

@Luce care to qualify your third-party claim? 
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not much to clarify. My win condition is tied to my power, and while it explicitly says I'm an old friend of Alec's, I don't win with town or the Teams. Instead I win by pairing off players.
  • Pairing off players? That's vague...and, I might be new to mafia...but that doesn't sound like a common win condition...

I'll let the more experienced masses decide how much info they need from you.
  • Paired off... how? On what qualities? >_>

I've mentally dubbed this role "the Shipper."
  • Oooh can you pair me with Alec?? I'm crushin' on him something fierce.

But for real that's very interesting. Maybe he changes our seating arrangements so we have a bunk-buddy and all compartments are shared, and both parties witness all the night actions taken by their buddy? That would be chaos. Imagine if you were seared with the SK. I'm not sure how that would tie into a won condition though... He wins when everyone is seated with a partner..? I dunno.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    More or less.

It's less useful for town when it succeeds, though I'm not sure if what I got last night were hints or just fluff, nor if I actually make players lovers in addition to their normal roles (meaning if one dies the other does, like R+J from the Shakespeare game)
  • If you pair me with Rolsand I will throw SUCH a tantrum.

Okay I should probably go to bed. Too much wine has been enjoyed.

• Luce said:

...It's less useful for town when it succeeds...

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Less, but it's still useful. I pair based on alignment. When it fails, I know that, for instance, the players I targeted last night are not on the same team. If one flips town, the other will not. Fluff suggests that neither is town, actually, but I think that's just fluff and would be OP otherwise.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Sketchy, but it sounds like that just gives you information. How do you win?

What I take away from all of this is that this game features way unconventional roles. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    When all living players are successfully paired up, I win.
  • Like you're playing Concentration or some other memory matching game.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Except I can look back on Trem's responses to my attempts to see who's not compatible, yeah. And, like I said, the response last night gave me a reason why the two I picked weren't, but it might be pure fluff or it might be a hint to their actual alignments. Not sure.
  • Cen said:
    If you pair me with Rolsand I will throw SUCH a tantrum.

Okay I should probably go to bed. Too much wine has been enjoyed.

*smile*
  • Oooooh that's actually really cool. Although that does raise quite a few questions. If you successfully pair people off, do they know they're paired?

Anyway, I'm quite willing to 
    unvote: Luce

and vote: Kilee
  • I think it was clarification to make it clear that Rolsand couldn't just hang on to the doll, get lynched while holding it, and call it a win. I'm a little unclear from both Tremula and Rolsand's posts whether Rolsand winning will involve him leaving the train/holing up in his compartment and being invincible, or continuing to play as normal with the caveat being that he's "won" no matter what or only if her survives or ???

I am curious about these third parties, particularly given Kilee's reference to gathering pokemon for her team. Luce, do you feel that your third party sheds any light on that turn of phrase?
    She didnt really change the ability she just made it clear that I have to pass it on.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    That win condition seems exceptionally tough to achieve, since as we'll be losing people along the way, to win you'll have to get very lucky and hope that both you and everyone you successfully pair makes it to the end? :?

Ooh, understandable if you don't want to confirm/deny, but is that what redirected Cen to wherever he ended up last night? You pairing him with someone to see if they matched?
    Goddamn it, now I have to go and hunt down that post in this insane game and see what Cen said about the redirect again. #-o
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Interesting reveals. Still processing them via coffee. What's the vote count?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    And re; clarifying a role, I've had to do it before as a mod. It can be difficult when you have a lot of powers to figure out how they all interact when they do weird things. As long as it's been changed/clarified before the power has taken effect I'm cool with it. God knows I'm not perfect.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    @Ushaara said:
    That win condition seems exceptionally tough to achieve, since as we'll be losing people along the way, to win you'll have to get very lucky and hope that both you and everyone you successfully pair makes it to the end? :?

Ooh, understandable if you don't want to confirm/deny, but is that what redirected Cen to wherever he ended up last night? You pairing him with someone to see if they matched?
    Didn't target Cen
    Cen said:
    <snipped>

Okay I'm done grumping, sorry. I get that my timezone is letting me down. Here's what happened with me:

On N1: I performed a night action which succeeded, but not on my original target. I had a foreboding feeling as I made my way to their car, then my body went out of my control and I wound up somewhere completely else. On my way out, the earthquake happened and I tripped face-first into the door. My headache prevents all day actions. I also had my pokemon perform an action that went through fine too.

So we have either a pokemon or a trainer who can redirect trainers to different targets. Kind of like a Witch in ToS. Judging from the flavour, it was either a seriously dark/bad style of pokemon, or NOT a townie.

<snipped>
    Okay, well good, because I just found it and wouldn't have looked good for you if you said it was! Excerpt from Page 16 if people want to check the full thing themselves....
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    His power has not been changed, just a mistaken win condition clarified. 

Alec glances at the sun, now beginning to lower in the sky and make towards the far horizon and causing dunes to cast tall shadows. "It's getting late, whatever's decided should be decided before the cold sets in."

Vote Count:

Kilee: 11 (Ushaara, Rolsand, Ssaliss, Thul, Kaimanahi, Melali, Cyndarin, Dylara, Kilee, Iosion, Allyrianne)
    Rolsand: 10 (Makaela, Othero, Krackenor, Sylandra, Cen, Synkarin, Phoebus, Portius, Lehki, Kalaneya)

With 27 people, it's 14 to lynch!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Kilee voted for herself?