the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• *grabs pitchfork*
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Mm fresh meat. I mean, hi. O:-)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (refreshes furiously)
  • Tremula said:
    (Late night is causing a small delay. The expected changes will occur Soon(tm).)
    (This was a late night with me involved, we had fun. It was awesome.)
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    (What was not fun was waking up to find a power outage had wiped all the messages I had written up. I'm doing my best to finish them all now, so your patience is appreciated.)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    What have I e’er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I’ve lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou’st shown        5
    And from my cradle, I’ve thy malice known...
  • (Take your time! <3)
  • Well Hello! This looks pretty intense. I've got a lot to catch up on since you folk are so prolific.
    The CCL: Expedition will reach its first stop shortly. Please find your cars and wait for arrival.

As the sun rises and the train slows down, it crawls to a stop in a small oasis town, sparce trees shading the few buildings built. Everything is centred around the deep pool of crystal-clear water in the centre of town, flowing freely from a statue of Suicune's weeping eyes. An elderly man greets you all as you step off of the train before Alec, helped along gently by Sylandra, steps off as well. "I expected you here yesterday, Champion! All the plans and festivities went to waste, and I...uh..." The old man trails off, looking at the dark bags under the Champion's eyes and finally sensing the general melancholy around the crowd. 

"Well, uh, it doesn't matter now. I've still got the machine set up, if you want to get your people over there later." Alec nods and smiles weakly at the man, and turns to you all, his smile fading nearly instantly.

The same voice that was excited and youthful yesterday is scratched and hoarse today, as he announces, "Last night...two more people died." He closes his eyes and winces, squeezing his hands into tight fists. You notice that his scabbard hangs empty, his sword nowhere to be found, before he continues, "I...I'll need to handle talking to their families before we can do anything today. We were supposed to be here yesterday, but the delay from the Magnitude..." He shakes his head and walks away with the old man, leaving Sylandra holding two papers.

She looks down and reads off:

Two corpses were found in their cars today. Alary, the Magistrate, was found stabbed in the back. He was a personal invitation of the Champion. Rolsand, the Creepy Boy, was found bashed over the head and poisoned. He was a personal invitation of the Champion.

She crumples up the paper and discards it in a nearby rubbish bin. 

Welcome to Amairo Oasis, the First Stop of the CCL: Expedition. It is now Day 2, which will last approximately 1 week. 

As the Solar Cells begin charging, each Pokegear in the crowd blips, informing you that the Champion has an event planned for today!

• gdi
  • Well, I guess that ends the Rolsand issue. <_<
  • Bright side, there's an event today!

Anyway, I don't really have anything to report, unsuccessful action led to a boring night.

How was everyone else's?
  • Well, the length of the thread should be cut dramatically in half from now on. >.>

On a more serious note though, it sucks we lost two town. Though it was one inactive poster and one incredibly active poster.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Do we get to know what their powers were? 

Also does anybody else find it odd that Rolsand was bludgeoned AND poisoned? 
  • Well, it was less eventful than last night, at least. My knee is all better, too!
    That's interesting. We have a dead serial killer but two kills? So either our vig took a shot or we have another threat to worry about.

Lehki makes a great point about Rolsand being stabbed and poisoned. Either he was targeted twice or people really wanted him dead, damn. In which case there are three potential killers at night? That'd be wild, considering it would make Kilee a 4th. So much death.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lehki said:
    Do we get to know what their powers were? 

Also does anybody else find it odd that Rolsand was bludgeoned AND poisoned? 
    I'm thinking that someone might have a power to reveal dead roles in this super power heavy game.

Also, to me it feels like he got attacked by two separate people/groups. Hard to say for sure at this point.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Correction: Rolsand was bludgeoned and poisoned, sorry. Alary was stabbed.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    That's interesting. We have a dead serial killer but two kills? So either our vig took a shot or we have another threat to worry about.

Lehki makes a great point about Rolsand being stabbed and poisoned. Either he was targeted twice or people really wanted him dead, damn. In which case there are three potential killers at night? That'd be wild, considering it would make Kilee a 4th. So much death.
    With how big this game is starting with 2 scum killers, SK, and Vig, does not really surprise me.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    And we're off!

And ack, is that all the information we get on the dead reveal? Just the name of the role? What powers does a Magistrate have? Is that like Governor? And with the likelihood of multiple factions, no alignment who's who?

How do we know if they were telling lies or not! I'm still itching to know if Kilee was telling the truth about her two pokemon powers. :(

(or did we just jump the gun and there's more to come?)
  • There was a 3rd kill attempt last night. Someone stabbed me in the back but I was rescued and bandaged.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Well then. At least there wasn't another earthquake?

So, Rolsand was bashed over the head and poisoned? I wonder if that means we have a poisoner in the game, and he was poisoned on the first night, in addition to being clonked on the head last night. There is also the possibility, of course, that he was simply the target of two attacks last night, or just one attack from someone who was going for literal overkill. :-? 
  • I think their titles are supposed to explain their powers. Creepy Boy seems like an entry about Creepy Girl I found, which essentially ligns up with what Rolsand told us about giving someone a doll which can be passed around and if the person with the doll dies, the creepy child wins.

Magistrate, according to an entry on a different thing that I found, allows the person to arrest a player, which makes them unable to vote or be voted for the following day, although they can still post.

Since Alary was stabbed, it's possible the Champion offed them for not presenting proper identification on the train. Alternatively, it might have been the crazy toothbrush killer.

It's unclear whether Rolsand's death was overkill on the part of one person, or multiple people wanting him dead.

@Iosion You say your action was unsuccessful, would you care to clarify that at all? Did a pokemon block you/some natural seeming effect? Target wasn't there?
  • Othero said:
    There was a 3rd kill attempt last night. Someone stabbed me in the back but I was rescued and bandaged.
    Okay so there are definitely 4 killers, possibly even 5! Also good work to our Doctor.
  • So many killers, oh my god.

• I think definitely's a bit strong, since we only have 3 known disparate attacks, one of which could conceivably be the Champion.

That said, it would not in the least surprise me if there were that many killers in a game of this size.

Othero, do you know if your attacker used a toothbrush?
  • I'm personally of the opinion that Alary was modkilled. Alec's sword was gone, she was stabbed, and she didn't make a single post yesterday. It kinda adds up.
  • I was counting Kilee for that 4-5 killers. 
  • Wow, this is so much to take in. Four at least, that is a lot. Though I wonder about our poisoner, if there were bludgeoning and poisoning it's so overdone. I wonder if there was something or someone working with them unexpectedly. Did anyone see anything during the Night?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.