the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Iosion said:
    Wait - both @Ushaara and @CyndarinAscends were blocked via Victory Star? Do we have any info on Ushaara's role?

So double backstabbing, double Victory Star? Wut.

Protected, not blocked.

@Vivet Is ditto something that can copy other's moves?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I'm not going to reveal before I have to, so reel your fishing line back in there, mister!
  • Victory Star is the Signature move of the Legendary Pokemon, Victini
  • Or any Pokemon that can use Copycat (which is immediate, as opposed to Ditto's Transform). Copycat would maybe allow a Trainer to copy another Trainer's (and their Poke's) actions? But, logistically, how would targets be chosen?

The duality of both those things just isn't clicking for me yet...
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Iosion said:
    Wait - both @Ushaara and @CyndarinAscends were blocked via Victory Star? Do we have any info on Ushaara's role?

So double backstabbing, double Victory Star? Wut.

Protected, not blocked.

@Vivet Is ditto something that can copy other's moves?
    It can transform into a given target and use all its moves, yeah. They're also really, really useful for breeding, but uh... that's another story!

• Ditto BLAH on BLAH.
    And oh my god, this thread is already moving so quickly again and all the confused, and I have to head out but don't want to miss stuffs, haha.

This game!
  • @Sylandra Darkrai is pretty inherently a bad pokemon, Victini I don't think so much. It wouldn't really line up that whoever has them would be on the same team...unless the religious group/terrorist group has some way to replicate Legendary moves without having the pokemon?
  • From the mod post:
    Alec was helped out of the train by Sylandra, who is also the person reading the Champion's messages about the deaths (implying that she's someone the Champion trusts and she's probably Town, maybe the Champion's lady-friend?). 
    Alec is distraught and his scabbard is empty (pointing towards mod kill). 
    The train was supposed to reach town yesterday, but "the delay from the Magnitude...", (implying that Rolsand was the one who set of the quake on Night 1). 
    Alary was stabbed in the back (implying that it wasn't a mod kill, as I don't imagine Champion Alec as someone who stabs from behind).
    Rolsand was found bashed over the head and poisoned (implying two different killers, or that someone tried to disguise poison by bashing him over the head, or that it was non-lethal but debilitating poison, or it was a delayed action kill).
    They were "personal invitation of the Champion" (implying that even third parties like Rolsand may have a "personal invitation").

Other notes on the Mod's post
    I'm thinking that the Mafia killed Alary, because it's a kill that doesn't give any indication as to which individual did it. They're nipping at the edges of the herd, thinking it too dangerous to strike at the center.
    I'm thinking that at least one, if not both, of the kills targeted at Rolsand were vigilante kills. Especially the bashed over the head bit. We didn't end yesterday with a clear indication of anyone else being Mafia and many people expressed that, even if Rolsand was town, they would not feel bad about him dying due to his posting style. Thus, the vigilante(s) probably went after him, since they don't want to waste the night.

Other's actions:
    Othero was stabbed but healed. Because he was a confirmed Watcher? Did he try to Watch anybody last night?
    Sylandra was jailed by someone benign. So, friendly jailer somewhere.
    Lehki wasn't targeted, and used his ability and his pokemon's.
    Kaimanahi's Pokemon was examined by the same person who examined Kalaneya's.
    Dylara had nothing happen to her and did nothing.
    Thul had nothing happen to him and did nothing.
    Vivet was tried to be killed but activated an x-shot power to protect herself.
    Luce was protected and reports nothing of interest.
    Ushaara was targeted by Victini and reports nothing of interest.
    Cyndarin was targeted by Victini and used her Pokemon to target Rolsand's Sandshrew.
    Portius used his Pokemon to block Rolsand's Sandshrew.
    Salome, did something????

???? stabbed Alary in the back.
    ???? poisoned Rolsand.
    ???? bashed Rolsand's head.
    ???? used their water-type Pokemon to make Rolsand's Sandshrew faint.
    ???? was the sole trainer targeting Rolsand last night.

Since this worked well yesterday, On N2: I used an action. My Pokemon did not use an action. I received no messages about being targeted or affected by anyone else.
  • Iosion said:
    @Sylandra Darkrai is pretty inherently a bad pokemon, Victini I don't think so much. It wouldn't really line up that whoever has them would be on the same team...unless the religious group/terrorist group has some way to replicate Legendary moves without having the pokemon?
    Darkrai wasn't Kilee's pokemon, it was just part of the flavor of her role. The pokemon we do have seems to be mostly random.
  • Personally, I'm mostly curious about if there are any queued actions, and when the Event will start...
    I think saying people who perform functions in Tremula's posts are likely town is really stretching it there @Melali.. Flavour of the game means that even our Champion doesn't know who he can trust on this train. Not that I'm implying here that Sylandra isn't town, just that you can't use the mod post as evidence for alignment!
  • Lehki said:
    Iosion said:
    @Sylandra Darkrai is pretty inherently a bad pokemon, Victini I don't think so much. It wouldn't really line up that whoever has them would be on the same team...unless the religious group/terrorist group has some way to replicate Legendary moves without having the pokemon?
    Darkrai wasn't Kilee's pokemon, it was just part of the flavor of her role. The pokemon we do have seems to be mostly random.
    Ah, I see...totally forgot about the Darkrai symbol being, most likely, her tool.

I want a Victini :( I agree with Cyndarin about my Suckemon 
  • @Vivet You gotta learn to love all pokemon for who they are!
    (And ok, I really have to head out for a few hours now, but will be checking back in later.)
  • Was there anybody tonight that saw an action against them get interrupted, like people were reporting with the Earthquake?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So... both known targets of Night one's attacks were protected one way or another night 2. Interesting.

Is that surprising?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Lehki want to try to find out if your pokemon was successful or not?
  • Iosion said:
    @Lehki want to try to find out if your pokemon was successful or not?
    What do you mean? I know that it was. <_<
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sorry, @Melali, but I'm going to suggest to everyone that we don't play along with the "tell everyone exactly what you did last night" game this time. Yesterday there was the potential benefit of working out what exactly happened with the earthquake madness, thus narrowing down the list of people who might have been attempted stabmurderers. Today, without the chaotic randomness of a quake putting everyone on the same playing field, the killers have the advantage and being so open risks giving them information on who our important people and Pokemon are.

Unless you have information that will be immediately beneficial for town in a big way, keep your actions close to your chest.
  • Lehki said:
    Iosion said:
    @Lehki want to try to find out if your pokemon was successful or not?
    What do you mean? I know that it was. <_<
    Oh, just found your quote at the beginning of the Day about not finding anything super useful you want to reveal. Nm! I wasn't sure if we received confirmation that Poke-attacks were successful or not because I haven't heard anything about my Suckemon in two nights...
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    (Is Suckemon the term we're going with? I've been referring to mine as a Pookemon.)
  • Not going to divulge anything other than what I have divulged. There's just no reason to put it all out there, rather than collect information quietly and revealing when it's valuable. 

I still think Melali is suspicious for repeatedly prompting this tactic. It's just giving mafia information freely, with no benefit. Conveniently, she has nothing to offer that would make her push to reveal information appear less scummy. Just seems suspicious to me.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Melali is a guy.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I just imagine Cyndarin as a drag queen irl so I'm wont to religiously repeat everything she says. Feel free to insult your pokemon however you see fit! (Jk, we love them...it's a tough love though.)
  • WHATEVER. I don't conform to your labels, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
  • Not going to divulge anything other than what I have divulged. There's just no reason to put it all out there, rather than collect information quietly and revealing when it's valuable. 

I still think Melali is suspicious for repeatedly prompting this tactic. It's just giving mafia information freely, with no benefit. Conveniently, she has nothing to offer that would make her push to reveal information appear less scummy. Just seems suspicious to me.
    I thought talking was a boon to the town? But with this many killers, I see your point. Wouldn't the killers, though, also not want to state they Acted last night? (mafia logic = confusing sometimes...)
  • Talking is a boon to the town when that talking leads to something. However, painting targets on ourselves is not a boon to the town. It also creates an inherently suspicious environment for the town for someone to try and takeover like this and pushing for claims/actions. Some people in the town, like people who don't want to die, are going to push back. 

There's a reason pushes for claims are a marked and noted scum tactic. They won't to know who is doing what. It helps them navigate the town mob easier. 
  • *Mafia logic, as in the game...not mafia logic, as in the group
  • Melali said:
    The train was supposed to reach town yesterday, but "the delay from the Magnitude...", (implying that Rolsand was the one who set of the quake on Night 1). 
    I don't see how that implies we knew Rolsand did the Earthquake anymore that what we already knew did. The Earthquake we saw Rolsand try to initiate was blocked, so since he was able to use it during the day, that probably means he wasn't the one that did it at night. I know with my pokemon power it says it can only be used once each night/day cycle.