the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I think I was protected last night. I targeted Rolsand's Sandshrew with my pokemon but Rolsand up and died so no luck there.

That lines up with what @Portius said. Also that makes 3 protectors!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I could believe that toothbrush killer and hairdryer strangler killer were the same person.

I am also a little perplexed that Portius apparently saw so much while bringing his pokemon to battle, although I suppose it is also possible that that was standard.

... in which case the person who owned the water-type (Cyndarin did mention planning to attack Rolsand's pokemon) might have been the other person Portius saw?
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    So we have Pokemon protectors and power-blockers. Conceivably that means that even though there may be a number of killers, there are similarly a lot of protective entities in play. I'm going to have to start taking way better notes to try to piece together all of the different actions that are going on.

Also I wonder if we at least get to see what Alary's Pokemon was before the Champion collects it.
  • Did I misinterpret something? I thought Krackenor visited Sylandra for some reason the night previous, was spotted, and somehow had some information about who was there.

On my phone at work, need to double back and check things. Apologies.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Phoebus said:
    Vivet said:
    Thul said:
    Lehki said:
    @Vivet wait there was another killer that went after you last night? What the hell.
    I simply don't believe there's this many killers active right now. -_-

That said... yeah, both Othero and Krackenor have claimed the sweetest abilities on the board right now, so I'll concede that he could have been targeted for both kill and protect.

So... why Vivet, then.
    Because I'm Vivet. Some people seem to think I'm pretty good, so it might have been a long-term forums player who was acknowledging they weren't on my side and didn't want me lurking around.

Either way, I'm actually glad it happened. I felt twitchy and activated a limited use power last night, and it did not go to waste.

Oh, I see! So you protected yourself, then?
    Pretty much. My power has X number of charges. If I activate it, it will thwart a kill attempt. If no attempt is made, the charge is still consumed.

So my role is basically to go neener neener and try to force the use of piercing kills, I guess.

• wait, so Cyndarin did try to attack but since Rolsand was already dead her pokemon attack failed? 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    And also seriously, for all you Pokebuffs...I'm putting the Toothbrush killer and the Hair Dryer killer down as the same attacker. Is there seriously no potential role from the games that fits this?
  • Thul said:
    Did I misinterpret something? I thought Krackenor visited Sylandra for some reason the night previous, was spotted, and somehow had some information about who was there.

On my phone at work, need to double back and check things. Apologies.
    Don't think so. IIRC, Othero was there and saw Krackenor there; Sylandra is a psychic so she knows some things about who acts on her.
  • Ushaara said:
    And also seriously, for all you Pokebuffs...I'm putting the Toothbrush killer and the Hair Dryer killer down as the same attacker. Is there seriously no potential role from the games that fits this?
    No, pokemon does not have a lot of assassins using impromptu weapons to try to murder people in it. 
  • To elaborate on my previous post: I don't think Krackenor has claimed yet. At least I can't remember him doing so (although in the deluge of posts yesterday, I could easily have missed it...)
    Or I was jailed. I think I might have been jailed since I didn't get any message about actually acting on Rolsand. 

I can't tell. Protected or jailed is what the message came across as. Some kind of "burning V" hit me in the chest and I was certain I'd survive the night. 
    Okay, this is weird, because that is what I saw...
    It definitely wasn't a jailing though, since I was able to trainer act.
  • Krackenor did not claim a power, though he did imply who could confirm his actions that night. Melai pushed for us to drop looking at Krackenor because she had a suspicion of what he was and thought we should focus elsewhere.
    Krackenor hasn't claimed yet.

My jailing was very benign. I literally just went into another closed off cabin for the night and was unable to act or be acted upon. No branding whatsoever.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Iosion You say your action was unsuccessful, would you care to clarify that at all? Did a pokemon block you/some natural seeming effect? Target wasn't there?
    It was pretty vague unfortunately, was leaving my cabin and tripped over something right outside. I couldn't tell what it was, assume it was a Poke, maybe Purrloin (but Sylandra(?) said she knew it was Purrloin so I don't know). Thankfully I didn't end up spraining my other ankle (stupid quake).
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • So... both known targets of Night one's attacks were protected one way or another night 2. Interesting.
  • wait, so Cyndarin did try to attack but since Rolsand was already dead her pokemon attack failed? 
    Appears to be the case but I can't say for certain. I got no message about my pokemon attacking/failing. It's just like it didn't happen so who knows.
  • Oh I guess I wasn't jailed. NVM that. 
  • Oh the burning V makes me think of Victini. Which is a legendary. The whole victory motif ties in.
  • Oh you know it's also worth noting that both Alary and Rolsand were "personal invites by the champion" despite Rolsand having a third-party goal. So I guess his claims of being a third-party town were technically true?
  • Man, people have Victinis and I'm stuck with this Suckemon. I SEE YOU TREMULA.
    Iosion said:
    @Iosion You say your action was unsuccessful, would you care to clarify that at all? Did a pokemon block you/some natural seeming effect? Target wasn't there?
    It was pretty vague unfortunately, was leaving my cabin and tripped over something right outside. I couldn't tell what it was, assume it was a Poke, maybe Purrloin (but Sylandra(?) said she knew it was Purrloin so I don't know). Thankfully I didn't end up spraining my other ankle (stupid quake).

Honestly maybe I only knew because I'm psychic re: Purrloin. I asked for all future messages to better clarify why I know what I know to avoid future confusion about that, ahaha. But Synkarin said he got pokeblocked by a Pumpkaboo on Night 1 so could be that Pokemon also! Though we both seemed to know what our blockers were, Pokemon-wise... Idk man. :-?
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @CyndarinAscends please clarify for me. You're saying that you sent your pokemon to attack Rolsand's sandshrew, but that you didn't receive any information about it succeeding or failing in that attack?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    @Luce did you try pair me and @CyndarinAscends or something last night? Otherwise I'm completely thrown by how you're glimpsing what I saw directly. Will confirm, it was a Victini's Victory Star.

• Portius said:
    @CyndarinAscends please clarify for me. You're saying that you sent your pokemon to attack Rolsand's sandshrew, but that you didn't receive any information about it succeeding or failing in that attack?
    Yup. 
  • I spent a quiet night reading up on my pokedex, it's been really hard trying to bridge the gap on how I fit in with everyone else on the train. I got a little bit confused coming in, so my pokemon and I have been working on that. She doesn't like being cooped up, so maybe we can get out of the event during the day. I didn't see anyone, but I did hear something when I was sleeping. I think it was someone crying, I can't be sure. Sad about our losses though, even if Rolsand's power was dangerous.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Wait - both @Ushaara and @CyndarinAscends were blocked via Victory Star? Do we have any info on Ushaara's role?

So double backstabbing, double Victory Star? Wut.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    Salome said:
    I spent a quiet night reading up on my pokedex, it's been really hard trying to bridge the gap on how I fit in with everyone else on the train. I got a little bit confused coming in, so my pokemon and I have been working on that. She doesn't like being cooped up, so maybe we can get out of the event during the day. I didn't see anyone, but I did hear something when I was sleeping. I think it was someone crying, I can't be sure. Sad about our losses though, even if Rolsand's power was dangerous.

Can I ask why you feel your role doesn't "fit in"?
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Iosion said:
    Wait - both @Ushaara and @CyndarinAscends were blocked via Victory Star? Do we have any info on Ushaara's role?

Just seems like further evidence there is a ditto around, imo
    Iosion said:
    Wait - both @Ushaara and @CyndarinAscends were blocked via Victory Star? Do we have any info on Ushaara's role?

Is Victory Star a Pokemon move that lines up with the branding that's been discussed? I haven't played gens past Ruby/Sapphire and I can't remember that one.
    Daraius said: